» staff
» updates
19th -- vote for your favourites in the three year awards +here!

1st april -- check out this month's announcements +here!

» spotlights

Add Reply
New Poll

we're the almost famous old friends of the stars., gus!
sébastien devlin
 Posted: Aug 3 2017, 11:06 PM
has Rep: 32 pts
well, i lie, i cheat, and i steal and i don't give two shits about the way that you feel. i barely know who you are but i'll break your heart and then i'll sleep in your car.
job
tour guide
neverlander
aff.
jade
alias

baby, shoot straight ,
Speak in tongues of gold and silver
“Now of course, one of the most interesting things about the cathedral is actually the dome itself, which if you look up now, you’ll see is phenomenal at night, thanks to light pollution and climate change. A little-known fact about the dome is that it’s actually depicting a very famous battle between vampires and werewolves that took place in 1856!” Baz told the group in front of him at large, careful to ensure his voice carried over to the back of the group. The gaggle of tourists were happy to follow him around London and listen to him describing London at night, and they seemed utterly enraptured by what was sure to become a fascinating and slightly incorrect anecdote about the church but Baz felt that God would forgive him.

“What we believed were just patterns to look like an extension of the architecture,” he continued, getting into his stride now, “are actually telling a story as you move around the church, starting with Bartholemew Wright’s first fight with the vampires and, if you look from the west wall, leads very clearly into the pack’s battle with Vladimir Petrov – yes, of course, feel free to take a look,” he assured the group seriously as they began to move around him to peer up at the dome, trying to find the non-existent story. “You know the rules, just come back to me in half an hour,” he lectured, watching them disperse across the church with their flash cameras and focused expressions, half of them making a beeline for the west wall. Turning away from them briefly, checking the time on his phone, Baz was used to people ignoring him until they realised they couldn’t see any story at all, and was duly surprised when he glanced up and someone was right in front of him.

“Jesus, Mary and Joseph!” he exclaimed, briefly forgetting that he was in a church and was supposed to be a respectful yet oddly charming tour guide. Nevertheless, this person had appeared out of nowhere, so he felt he was allowed to be surprised- at least until he got a proper look at the other guy, narrowing his eyes. “You’re not in my tour group,” he started suspiciously, unsure if he was about to get someone who just wanted to hang onto the gang, correct him, or wanted a bribe. It was hard to tell.

gus / clothes

--------------------
servant to the poor, butler to the great, comforter, philosopher, and lifelong mate
user posted image
PMEmail
^
augustus charm
 Posted: Aug 17 2017, 11:12 PM
has Rep: 7 pts
Screen falling off the door door hanging off the hinges my Feet are still sore my back is on the fringes We tore up the walls we slept on couches We lifted this house we lifted this house Fire-crackers in the east my car parked south Your hands on my cheeks your shoulder in my mouth I was up against the wall on the west mezzanine We rattle this town, we rattle this scene
job
bell hop
south coven
aff.
jess
alias

Gus didn’t often sleep. He had a hard time trying to sleep in the middle of the night mostly because he was a bit antsy. He knew he didn’t have to sleep and that and that alone was the reason that kept him out. There was something about London at night that was attractive to him. It was calm and it was busy all at the same time. The lights shimmered against the thames and the moon illuminated the places usually hidden in the shadow. It wasn’t until he was around the cathedral that he started noticing a fairly decent sized group of people being led inside. He looked around for a moment and followed them into the place. He listened to the apparent ‘tour’ guide. He seemed to know what he was talking about and if it weren’t for the fact that Gus had been there he might have believed the story of the vampire werewolf war of 1856. After the group dispersed to look around the eerie cathedral Gus approached the tour guide who was looking suspiciously familiar the closer he got.  He just stood there staring at him for a moment distracted about why he looked familiar.

When turned around apparently Gus was closer to him than he thought he was and it scared him upon approach. Gus just blinked at his reaction for a moment. ”That’s not true,” He said just looking at him. He tilted his head at him for a moment trying to figure out where he knew him from before finally blurting out. ”Do I know you,” He asked simply trying to figure out what was so familiar about him. After a few moments he went back to the stories he was saying. ”Do people actually believe that stuff?” Gus couldn’t figure out why anybody would believe a story even if vampires and wolves were underground at that time there would be some sort of parallel if and actual war went down in the midst of London.
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
sébastien devlin
 Posted: Aug 26 2017, 11:07 PM
well, i lie, i cheat, and i steal and i don't give two shits about the way that you feel. i barely know who you are but i'll break your heart and then i'll sleep in your car.
job
tour guide
neverlander
aff.
jade
alias

baby, shoot straight ,
Baz was used to all sorts of people approaching him (one of the natural side-effects of not only being in London so long, but having the sort of career that had encompassed meeting all sorts of people in a variety of situations), and, yeah, okay, some of them did approach and notify him that he was lying. These were usually pedant vampires, or werewolves who felt they had been misrepresented (witches, weirdly, didn’t care what he said about them, or rather, he’d never had a complaint). He was used to letting them know that he’d amend in time for the next tour, or paying them to keep quiet, and he fully expected that to happen here. “Isn’t it?” he queried in return, just in case he might get lucky and the guy might start questioning it for himself before accepting that Baz knew more because Baz was wearing a suit and thus looked very important and knowledgeable about werewolf/vampire relations in the 19th century.

“Uh. Dunno,” he said easily, pretty sure that everyone knew him, the real question was from where. “Baz Devlin, tour guide,” he introduced himself, giving the stranger a rather cheery smile. Of course, unaware his new friend was anything supernatural, he couldn’t particularly provide a rundown of where he toured (including, of course, the Bree Louise, and the Ruby Crown hotels, all very lucrative partnerships for him). “I should hope so, considering it’s true,” he continued valiantly, even though it was a given that he wouldn’t be believed, judging by this guy’s skeptical tone. But someone from his tour group might listen in and be alarmed to find out that, no, it was not true and the past four locations were also not haunted by members of a barbershop quartet searching for one another in the city. “What can I say? I do my research.”

gus / clothes

--------------------
servant to the poor, butler to the great, comforter, philosopher, and lifelong mate
user posted image
PMEmail
^
augustus charm
 Posted: Sep 6 2017, 04:08 PM
Screen falling off the door door hanging off the hinges my Feet are still sore my back is on the fringes We tore up the walls we slept on couches We lifted this house we lifted this house Fire-crackers in the east my car parked south Your hands on my cheeks your shoulder in my mouth I was up against the wall on the west mezzanine We rattle this town, we rattle this scene
job
bell hop
south coven
aff.
jess
alias

Gus wasn’t really sure where he could place a finger on finding this guy familiar but he was pretty sure he had seen him before. Regardless he was pretty sure that he was now cheating these poor people in the cathedral out of something and Gus didn’t think that was right. Originally he had thought the man was just misinformed but that turned out not to be the case. He paused for a moment giving him a skeptical look wondering if he should be returning the favor and introduce himself or if this guy truly just didn’t care. Deciding it didn’t hurt to introduce himself he went for it. ”Gus… Charm,” Gus said a bit skeptical for a moment about the tour guide. He didn’t think that most tour guides lied about information regarding historical locations, but maybe he was just misinformed. Gus was almost a little upset that this guy was still insisting that the vampires and the werewolves had an ultimate battle here within the cathedral walls. He frowned at him for a moment before responding again.

”From where? I’ve never heard of it,” Gus said thinking that maybe his memory was finally failing him after two hundred years. Gus knew he did a lot of traveling in his time and knew that sometimes he forgot exact dates, but he was almost positive that that had never happened. ”You know a lot of really cool things did happen here, you don’t have to lie,” Gus said honestly. He didn’t think a little conversation with him was going to change this tour guides mind, but he was the eternal optimist and was going to try regardless. ”Like you know there is an entire American Memorial Chapel dedicated to the lives lost on D-Day? Just over there, on the east end, much more historically interesting than the fake vampire wolf battles,” Gus said trying to be helpful and respectful of such a place that was even older than he himself.
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
sébastien devlin
 Posted: Oct 27 2017, 12:30 AM
job
tour guide
neverlander
aff.
jade
alias

baby, shoot straight ,
Baz was used to this- people who realised that his tour group were being swindled and then they wanted to step in and correct things, although fortunately he usually thought fast and came up with appropriate lies to back himself. Those in the know did tend to just leave him to it; after all, they couldn’t change his mind and, he argued, this didn’t have to be about the lying; the people on the tour paid to be entertained, and he was very entertaining. “Nice to meet you, Gus,” he offered easily, holding out his hand; despite whatever awkwardness could happen here, he was prepared to be excessively polite about it. Later, he would meet Henri and tell Henri very excitedly that he had been very nice to strangers whilst on his night walk!

“Oh, it’s not very well known, I actually had to travel to see Oscar Wilde in Dublin to hear the full story,” he explained seriously, aware that there was only one ghost in existence who could be called properly famous, and that man was living in Ireland; Baz hoped his similarly Irish accent would make him sound like he had grown up hearing all sorts of strange, supernatural stories. He did listen to Gus’ suggestion for a tourist spot, but it didn’t strike him as the sort of spot that would be good on this tour; for a start, American history wasn’t why people came to England. Secondly, it wasn’t supernatural related in the slightest and Baz saw no reason to make it supernatural (the church was different, he’d argue. He was Catholic. A lapsed one, but Catholic all the same). “Well, we only visit the East End for a short while, to see Howl, you know, the werewolf bar?” he explained. “This is a supernatural London tour! I do have… permits and everything, don’t worry,” he continued very seriously, choosing to forgo how the permit was given to him by Scarlett Hale. All that mattered was that he paid taxes on this venture now, like a good person.

gus / clothes

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
augustus charm
 Posted: Nov 29 2017, 05:19 PM
job
bell hop
south coven
aff.
jess
alias

Gus was listening to Baz explain how they had ventured down to Howl and that they were on a supernatural tour. He supposed that that did start to make sense and click into place when he realized that what he was saying was technically supernatural even if it wasn’t true, but he didn’t understand the point in lying about it. There was plenty of cool supernatural things that had happened in London, the Vampire Werewolf war in this Cathedral not being one of them. With a nod Gus was happy to find out that Baz was properly permitted to be here at least, that made him feel a little better, but he couldn’t help but look around the the people that were now venturing through the Cathedral thinking about the war that took place here years ago.

”I just think, that maybe if you are going to lie about wars that have gone on, you don’t want to do it about a group of people who literally are old enough to remember i something liek that happened or not. Don’t you think that could result in some angry customers that you don’t want to deal with? Maybe try a witch coven and the werewolves, you can even make a coven up because who’s to say that didn’t happen,” Gus said with a shrug. He didn’t necessarily condone the lying bit, but he was pretty sure that nobody deserved to have a group of angry history lovers pounding on their door demanding a refund for their false information tour of London.  ”Witches are better fighters anyways, Vampires are just.. hungry,” Gus said shrugging feeling obligated to defend himself despite the fact that nobody here actually had any idea that he was a vampire.
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
sébastien devlin
 Posted: Dec 17 2017, 01:04 AM
job
tour guide
neverlander
aff.
jade
alias

baby, shoot straight ,
“Lie about wars!” Baz spluttered immediately, careful to keep his voice down so that none of his patrons would hear him but determined to sound very offended. Baz Devlin, lie? He, the very not-a-con-artist, tell an untruth?! Good God, what a ridiculous notion! He couldn’t fathom it! On one level, he recognised that it would make sense not to make up things about people who were old enough to corroborate his stories, but on the other hand, TV and films since approximately the 50s had been pitching vampires and werewolves against one another, and he saw no reason not to buy into that; the niche was already there for him to talk about, after all. Mostly, though, someone could be paying great attention to his conversation and if they were, he needed to sound endlessly honest.

“Why… why would a vampire go on my tour anyway? I mean, this here tour is just generally for the tourists of London, they never know where to go,” he explained, trying to sound like he was doing them a great favour and not just spending their money on designer sunglasses and pastel ties. “I actually very rarely get to talk to witches,” he allowed, partly because he didn’t know much in terms of meeting them: they had no meeting places where he could conveniently parade tourists through. “I get what you’re saying, man,” he assured the stranger, patting his shoulder like they were old friends. “But it just doesn’t make sense.”

gus / clothes

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
augustus charm
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 05:51 PM
job
bell hop
south coven
aff.
jess
alias

Gus just nodded at Baz exclamation, if anything Gus was everything but over dramatic, but he would certainly let him have his moment if he so inclined. Gus was simply just trying to make his job easier in the long run but if he so wished as to continue with such an unbelievable story than he wouldn’t be the one to ruin his night. ”Witches are definitely a good way to bring in revaneou, who doesn’t like a little magic turf war? Or ghosts, shed some light on those poor lonely souls, most people can’t see them anyways so they won’t have a lot they can defend themselves against,” Gus shrugged. He had a lot of respect for all walks of supernatural life clearly, he considered himself a huge activist amongst lots of topics that involved the wellbeing and rights of his fellow supernaturals, but in the long run Baz was going to do what he wanted and say what he wanted about who he wanted, Gus was just the unpaid peanut gallery.

Gus frowned when he mentioned there was no need for vampires to go on his tour since it was meant for tourists, Gus had been a tourist many times before in many different places so that didn’t make much sense in his argument either. ”Vampires can be tourists!! Do you even know any vampires,” Gus asked wondering what made him think he was such an expert. A few moments passed, Gus still thought he looked familiar, everything about this situation was quite familiar and then it hit him, this must be Henri’s Baz, after all it wasn’t a very common name to associate with this sort of career was it? ”I just think you might be even more successful if you at least make things slightly more relatable to all types of species, are you Henri’s baz,” Gus asked eventually as the thought crossed his mind mid statement, he wasn’t much about subtlety that was for sure, but now he was curious and needed to know.
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
sébastien devlin
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 07:17 PM
job
tour guide
neverlander
aff.
jade
alias

baby, shoot straight ,
Baz would have loved to have shown off more to do with witches, obviously, but there were a few issues with this idea. First of all, witches were kind of everywhere, and secondly, he had no way to get in contact with the London coven for a business deal. At least with the Ruby Crown hotels and Bree Louise, he could just stroll his tour groups right in and everyone was happy; he had to work what he had, especially considering that he didn’t actually ever ask permission to make his tours happen. “London witches don’t want to hang out with me,” he explained, shrugging at this. He knew witches, obviously, but there was something iffy about, say, asking for Emma’s help, when she so clearly shouldn’t be involved in his ventures- she was his boyfriend’s sister, it was inappropriate, and he’d heard she was more hardcore than he had been at her age, somehow. “I do do ghosts! Just not here,” he explained, nodding very seriously, as he had a particularly favourite story about four ghosts in a barbershop quartet who were trapped away from one another in four corners of London.

“Yeah, I hang out with Scarlett Hale all the time,” he said with an airy wave of his hand, which honestly made it sound like another lie. No one actually believed him when he said he had seen her house or met her dog or knew her by first name in his phone; they just assumed he was doing that thing again when he exaggerated and the problem was, he kept telling Scarlett to legitimise this friendship but she kept saying things, ‘I’ve never seen this man in my life, someone call security,’ and only he knew she was joking! He was about to answer when the guy mentioned Henri, in fact, and Baz immediately brightened up. Gosh, he was Henri’s Baz now. What an upgrade he’d had in life. He didn’t question for a moment there would be another Henri’s Baz in the world, because Henri was ridiculously popular with a ridiculous amount of people. “Yeah,” he said easily, still smiling, a lot of his previous swagger gone because it was Henri and it was hard to think of con artistry and his boyfriend. “Why, what’s he said?”

gus / clothes

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
augustus charm
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 10:41 PM
job
bell hop
south coven
aff.
jess
alias

Gus supposed that he couldn’t really condemn Baz for doing what he was doing, it was how he made a living and Gus was just trying to help him in the long run. It was better hear that that story wasn’t working from him than somebody who might be angry and demand a refund for it later on. Gus didn’t really know much about London witches and why they might not want to hang out with Baz, it was a foreign concept to him really because he lived with one after all and spent most of his time with him, or when he was away from him pining after him. All in all Gus just thought witches were pretty cool. ”That’s cool! She’s my boss, I don’t hang out with her all that often, but she pays me to do things at the hotel,” Gus said grinning proudly. He liked his job as a bell hop and he was happy to be a part of something like that as a career choice.

The conversation took an interesting spin from the previous one when suddenly they were talking about Henri and Baz seemed to be in a different mindset almost entirely. It was a nice and interesting change to see his features light up almost instantly. ”Not much really,” Gus said simply with a shrug,”He did mention you won’t move in with him though. He’s upset.” Gus new it wasn’t really his business on either front, but he was being honest about what he had been told about him. It was hard to be honest and not pry at the same time when somebody just offered up information like that to you. Gus was pretty sure that he could just tell him what he knew and move on with the rest of his night, maybe he’ll run into him again sometime and they can argue a bit more about false supernatural history.
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.