» staff
» updates
17th june -- check out june's mystery event +here!

1st june -- congratulate this month's spotlight winners +here!

» spotlights

Add Reply
New Poll

i loved you then and i love you now., henri!
sébastien devlin
 Posted: Oct 12 2017, 01:59 AM
has Rep: 33 pts
well, i lie, i cheat, and i steal and i don't give two shits about the way that you feel. i barely know who you are but i'll break your heart and then i'll sleep in your car.
job
tour guide
neverlander
aff.
jade
alias

i want that sugar sweet ,
Need a little sweetness in my life
Apart from the general excitement that came with it being October (Henri’s apartment becoming steadily more pumpkin-themed, Baz making more spooky treats, preparations for them to attend the ball in appropriately matching suits), Baz’s parents had decided to visit him in London. He hadn’t gone home since arriving the city, quite put off by the idea of being the small town again, and his parents were generally too settled nowadays to want to leave the island- but they had decided that four years away from their beloved only child was just too much and come over for a week. Baz, for his part, had spent the run-up very excited about seeing them again and then spent the week with them also excited, taking the chance to show them around tourist traps and hole in the wall bars when Henri was working. He’d also been very open about dating Henri too, of course, so they wanted to meet him, and Baz had studiously ignored how staying at Henri’s the whole week felt like Henri’s dream come true (if only Baz would accept the key permanently! Also, Henri had really provided the key suspiciously quickly).

It seemed, so far, everything in the realm of meeting parents had gone very well, although Baz hadn’t really expected it to be a disaster; after all, his parents were likable and interesting in getting to know Henri, and Henri was likable and getting to know his parents, and Baz sat in the middle, rather proud of himself. He had, however, briefly dragged his dad away to show him the view and a few landmarks that looked good from that point of view, assuming that Henri would be completely happy to chat with his mother about things like having French names. When they returned, he wasn’t sure if they’d be getting on like a house on fire, but he generally just hoped that they were having a good conversation. “What’d we miss?” he enquired, looking between them both and the almost empty glasses on the table, wondering if he should get them another round.

henri / clothes / his dad is seamus and his mom is claudette

--------------------
servant to the poor, butler to the great, comforter, philosopher, and lifelong mate
user posted image
PMEmail
^
henri laurent
 Posted: Oct 21 2017, 11:06 PM
has Rep: 30 pts
You know it's always, it just shines But everything is just right, everything is blue sky But, how huge that divine And the hungrier the ghost, the more it opens wide And nothing's gonna stop us now
job
ceo
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

this will be the one moment that matters

Henri had been desperately excited to meet Baz's parents. As much as he was still trying to convince Baz to move in with him, it felt like a step in the right direction to be meeting his parents finally. He appreciated, of course, that they weren't exactly from nearby and that was moreso why he had yet to meet them than any issues Baz had. He'd already been quite happy sat at the table with them, explaining how he worked there at the Shard and what his company did (courtesy of a gifted bottle to them, and flowers for his mother no less), and he thought it was actually going well. Henri would have been mortified had Baz's parents not liked him, and whilst his dad seemed a tougher nut to crack, Henri felt like he was getting on well with his mom which was a relief.

He'd not at all minded when Baz disappeared off with his father, quite content to discuss wine and how it was made with his mother, and get generally excited about what a wonderful guy Baz was, which was really just Henri on a normal day, and he had no issues spouting off every happy thought he had in an animated discussion with Baz's mother. He'd hardly noticed the time pass when Baz returned and he grinned happily at the two. "We weren't talking about you," Henri informed Baz cheerily, giving him an affectionate smile before concentrating properly on the table at large. "I was just telling your mom about how we import everything from France!" Henri explained for real this time, sure that at least Baz's family might enjoy the french connection.

tag: bae + bae makers| outfit

--------------------
oh sugar can't you see how hard i'm trying?
user posted image
page thirteen.@tda is 2 wonderful 4 me
PMEmail
^
sébastien devlin
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 08:21 PM
well, i lie, i cheat, and i steal and i don't give two shits about the way that you feel. i barely know who you are but i'll break your heart and then i'll sleep in your car.
job
tour guide
neverlander
aff.
jade
alias

Baz couldn’t help the slightly suspicious look because Henri had said they weren’t talking about him, so he naturally thought that maybe they were talking about him, and he didn’t know what could be said. Obviously, he doubted that Henri had decided to go for a detailed history, but he might mention any number of non-illegal shenanigans, including things related to his penchant for supporting Henri’s love of neon (fortunately, Henri had settled on a slightly less eye-searing pastel today, but then, he had had work), and he had only recently told his parents he wasn’t an accountant. In the end, it turned out that they really hadn’t been talking about him, so he was relieved again. “He even imports his boyfriends from there,” he quipped happily in return.

Still, he didn’t sit down right away, instead turning to the group at large to offer, “Do you guys want another drink?” He knew, being generally from a family of drinkers (on both sides) that it was rare to get a no, but if someone wanted to turn in early, he ought to at least allow that. He had yet to really show them Laurent alcohol, tragically, but he was sure that both parents appreciated the gift of free alcohol and everything (his dad had been to France, after all, he presumably knew his wine). “I’ll cover it,” he added to Henri, in case Henri got swept in a bout of generosity, as he often did.

--------------------
servant to the poor, butler to the great, comforter, philosopher, and lifelong mate
user posted image
PMEmail
^
henri laurent
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 10:52 PM
You know it's always, it just shines But everything is just right, everything is blue sky But, how huge that divine And the hungrier the ghost, the more it opens wide And nothing's gonna stop us now
job
ceo
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

Henri couldn't help but grin, rather charmed at the notion he had imported his boyfriend from France, he thought it was rather enterprising of him. "I did!" He announced to the table quite excitedly, "Not that I do that regularly." Henri frowned suddenly, not wanting to seem as though he only dated French men in some capacity or another, because he thought that was actually quite weird. "My last boyfriend was from Chelsea," He hoped was news that would reassure everyone, but if anything he just felt it might be an even weirder thing to say, and found himself frowning in confusion even more. He didn't want to be embarrassing in front of his boyfriend's parents, so he very much just hoped they laughed it off or even better passed him off as vaguely eccentric.

Henri nodded happily, because of course he was not one to pass the opportunity of a drink, but before he could offer to pay considering he had more money than he ever knew what to do with anyway, Baz cut him off. He couldn't help but frown a little in disappointment, but decided he'd make up for it. "Next time, then," Henri said, sure he could be allowed to buy Baz's parents at least one drink without any issues, even if he was sometimes a bit over enthusiastic, he was sure Baz couldn't actually mind. Fortunately, he was too distracted by this to also ply them with free Laurent wine, and just gave Baz his usual order instead.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
sébastien devlin
 Posted: Mar 25 2018, 09:59 PM
job
tour guide
neverlander
aff.
jade
alias

Baz couldn’t help the briefly amused face he made at the way Henri seemed so excited that he had a French boyfriend- although Baz knew it was easy to forget, what with the accent, generic nickname, and the fact that Baz rarely needed to speak French here (unless he was caught up in a bout of dissing other people with a fellow French speaker, which didn’t happen as often as he liked, tragically). He thought it was weirder still to consider whoever it was who had come before Baz in his life, but not too horrified- he knew that Henri had more experience dating-wise than him, which was to be expected. “Yeah, that’s not as good as a French or Irish guy, sorry,” he said dismissively, immediately deciding he was the best of all of Henri’s boyfriends, you know, modestly and all.

Being generally aware of the groups drinking preferences, he didn’t feel the need to immediately confirm every possible order at the table, but he did laugh a little at Henri getting in the next round before this one was even here. “Henri’s trying to get you drunk,” he explained to his parents as though they might not have realised that Henri was the truly devious one in the relationship (he was a terrible influence on Baz!). “That way you’ll never notice he’s not wearing bright yellow today,” he pointed out as he had warned his parents of Henri’s colour choices, but he didn’t know if Henri had dressed soberly because of work or because he didn’t want to blind older Devlin people (younger Devlin people might be fine though). Really, he was happy to make light jokes at Henri’s expense because he was certain Henri could do the same to him very easily; it also meant he could probably discuss things like how many sunglasses he owned while Baz actually got the drinks.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
henri laurent
 Posted: May 10 2018, 01:12 AM
job
ceo
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

Henri was glad at least that Baz was not looking at him like he was a crazy person, because he was starting to think he really needed to get it together and not bring up old relationships. After all, he was very much happy with Baz and had no intention of being with boys from Chelsea ever again. With this in mind he gave them all a bit of a relieved smile, certain that he had to step up his small talk game if he was going to get through this - not that this was particularly hard for him, after all, he talked quite a lot. "That's exactly what I thought too," Henri agreed, giving Baz a loving smile, before paying attention once more to his parents.

Henri, for a moment, looked quite worried that they really might think he was trying to get them drunk, when really he was just trying to provide them with nice things to make their time with them fun - only to realise Baz was making fun of him. Henri immediately shook his head, doing his best to seem very serious about this. "That's very unfair, It would be more polite to get everyone drunk if I was wearing yellow," He informed them, glancing over at his mother before adding, "It helps with the brightness." Sure that this was now a secret between them he did glance down at himself as though to check he wasn't blinding anyone, but he was certain he was quite bland today - it was very disappointing. "He's always making fun of my outfits, but he matches them very well at parties so I assume he likes them," Henri told them, quite seriously, as Baz disappeared briefly to get the drinks sorted, and allowed them to discuss how many different shades of yellow suit he happened to own.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.