» staff
» updates
19th -- vote for your favourites in the three year awards +here!

1st april -- check out this month's announcements +here!

» spotlights

Add Reply
New Poll

i liked it better when you were on my side., amber!
nathan delaney
 Posted: Jun 8 2017, 10:30 PM
has Rep: 7 pts
We don't believe in failure. Baby, if I could I'd sit this out. What say we go and crash your car? And every time I leave you go and lock the door. So I walk myself picking at a chip on my shoulder. I'm another day late and one year older. It's failure by design.
job
sports physiologist
gerard's pack
aff.
jade
alias

when it's broke, it's perfect ,
We are brash and reckless,
Made of glass and careless
Nathan had genuinely thought he’d gone under the radar that his parents had forgotten about his existence. He had even gotten his hopes up as social event after social event passed him by and his phone didn’t blow up, he received no polite but forceful phone calls that lightly demanded that he attend. He saw notifications that Logan and Alex were both in attendance at a variety of evening soirees, and wondered if, somehow struck with a hint of compassion, his parents had realised Nathan was suffering without a girlfriend (nights trapped together in a park notwithstanding) and had decided to leave him alone. But no, they really weren’t that kind and just as he had planned a quiet, calm life with no people ever, just him and his grotesque affiliation, a gallery exhibit had opened up, and oh, wouldn’t it be wonderful if Nathan attended? He had grouchily suited up, intending on being well known just enough that people would remember him and then peacing out before someone tried to do something like tell him he had grown up to be so handsome.

The art, frankly speaking, was beyond him. He didn’t know what people were expecting from him; he looked at pictures of tragic women and baby Jesus blankly, disagreeing with the nearest person’s interpretation only because he had a reputation to maintain. He had turned away from implying that a woman looked a lot like a rather heavy-set woman in the painting (‘Yes, I can see why you’d identify with her, I hear people often feel they are reflected in the art they see.’) to find someone else to make glare at him when he caught sight of- oh no. At the sight of Amber, his mouth twisted into a scowl and he stared over at her as though she might recognise his brief flash of sadness from across the room and respond appropriately; instead, he decided that the wine in his hand was good for one thing and he knocked it back, hoping it might take immediate effect. Unfortunately for everyone involved, he could no longer feel anything from one glass.

He thought he might be okay, though, until he realised that, worse, she wasn’t there alone. He watched with a grim expression as she touched a stranger’s arm- far too intimately for his liking, like they were there together, what a horrible thought- and turned to grab another glass, knocking that back too. He didn’t know if it was working out for him but he didn’t want to stand around and watch this, so he turned to engage the nearest young lady in conversation, asking her opinion about the art as though he legitimately cared what she thought.

bae / clothes

--------------------
hey nate, yeah, it's been a while, are you gonna sing?
user posted image
you should've seen a couple of years ago, i was laughing and drinking and smoking and singing.
PMEmail
^
amber casey
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 08:29 PM
has Rep: 24 pts
There's a humming in the restless summer air And we're slipping off the course that we prepared But in all chaos, there is calculation Dropping glasses just to hear them break You've been drinking like the world was gonna end (it didn't) Took a shiner from the fist of your best friend (go figure) It's clear that someone's gotta go We mean it, but I promise we're not mean
job
photo journalism
huntersnetwork
aff.
jess
alias

Amber had been approached by a few suitors since word spread that her current break up was lasting much longer than most of the normal baby breaks up did with her and Nathan. While she had turned them all down for very many reasons most of which involved her heart still completely belonging to her ex, she decided that when she was approached to attend a gallery opening event she wouldn’t sit around and mope about how she was missing out on yet another fancy event in the area that she could happily be using as a networking time. It was very important for amber to show up, look amazing, and get her face known more in the public eye. While Nathan didn’t understand this for her suddenly there was a suitor, Gregg, George, Gavin, she didn’t know, but he was attractive enough and would do as a date for the night.

Amber had no idea when she was getting ready that she would be running into none other than her ex until her date so nicely pointed him out to her from across the room. She would have happily liked to have pretended his existence didn’t happen that evening but it seemed like that was no longer going to be the case as she spied him looking directly at her. In a fit of panic she turned to Gregg, it most certainly had to have been his name right? And let out the most sickeningly sweet giggle touching his arm in a flirtatious manner. Clearly in her fit of panic Amber decided that jealousy was a perfect emotion to evoke in her ex lover. From the corner of her eye Amber noticed him approaching a very attractive young lady and felt something within her seething. He was not allowed to be flirting with another girl, she didn’t care that yes she was on the arm of another man right now, that wa just cruel for him to be doing the same to her. Linking her arm with Gregg she walked over to the painting nonchalant pretending she clearly didn’t even see Nathan. After a minute of admiring the work of art next to her with Gregg she finally turned on Nathan.

”Oh. Mr. Delaney I didn’t even see you there,” Amber said in the most false sincere voice she good muster using formalities if only to irritate him even more at the moment. She wheeled Gregg around clinging to his arm with a sweet smile on her face. ”Have you met Gregg? His father works for Tesla,” Amber said with a smile on her face before hearing him correct her that his name was actually George. She turned and glared at him for a moment before facing Nathan again.and getting a whiff of what she could only place as alcohol. Deciding to take advantage of this and posible get the other girl around to leave she called him out on it. ”Nathan are you drunk? Honestly stop harassing this poor young lady while intoxicated,” Amber said shortly.
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
the ever so amazing wildest dreams. @ TDA made this beautiful set.
PM
^
nathan delaney
 Posted: Jun 15 2017, 12:00 AM
We don't believe in failure. Baby, if I could I'd sit this out. What say we go and crash your car? And every time I leave you go and lock the door. So I walk myself picking at a chip on my shoulder. I'm another day late and one year older. It's failure by design.
job
sports physiologist
gerard's pack
aff.
jade
alias

In the time afforded to him, Nathan had managed to find out the girl’s name (Isabelle), what she was doing there (art student from a well-to-do family, knew his parents vaguely), and what she thought of the art (she loved how the brushstrokes evoked the feeling of idolatry in the way that they curved towards the focal point… He stopped listening then and just started nodding). Still, she was doing everything expected of her, touching his arm when he made a short joke, laughing just a little too much; he wasn’t sure if he was legitimately charming her with his observations, or if she was just a generally cheery person but either way, he thought he had done fine in the split second he had grabbed her attention. The idea of Amber seeing him with a dour-faced girl who looked like she wanted to murder him wouldn’t work out. The idea of Amber approaching while he smiled charmingly at Isabelle was just perfect.

Blinking in mild surprise at the thought of being Mr. Delaney anywhere, he mostly felt that she didn’t need to do that. It made them sound like strangers and he didn’t like it, so he glared appropriately at her to let her know. She could have had the good grace to stay at home, really, so that he didn’t need to see her and Gregg, whom he immediately decided was inappropriate for her in every way (his hair had a weird flick in it! He looked healthily tanned, like he spent his summers in the south of France! He was wearing his suit as though he had selected it specifically for this event! Very ridiculous of him). “Oh, well, nice to meet you… Gregg,” he started, holding out his hand for Gregg to shake, although he didn’t look too pleased about it for some strange reason. “This is Isabelle,” he added helpfully of his companion.

His face fell, sure that it was totally not obvious that he had needed to drink at all, and he thought that he hadn’t been harassing Isabelle at all. After a long, awkward moment of considering his options, he gave up on thinking things through logically (like going home), and turned to Gregg. “You know, she’s got you as a date just to get back at me, right? To make me jealous?” he pointed out plainly, which prompted Isabelle to suddenly suggest a second later, ‘George, let’s get a drink, shall we?’ Who was George? Nathan didn’t know.

bae / clothes

--------------------
user posted image
you should've seen a couple of years ago, i was laughing and drinking and smoking and singing.
PMEmail
^
amber casey
 Posted: Jun 29 2017, 09:15 PM
There's a humming in the restless summer air And we're slipping off the course that we prepared But in all chaos, there is calculation Dropping glasses just to hear them break You've been drinking like the world was gonna end (it didn't) Took a shiner from the fist of your best friend (go figure) It's clear that someone's gotta go We mean it, but I promise we're not mean
job
photo journalism
huntersnetwork
aff.
jess
alias

Amber was frustrated and that was evident. Nathan didn’t even like social events so why was he suddenly there ruining it for her? She didn’t even know he was going to be there and now that he was she knew her night was going to be ruined. Normally she would have given anything to be seen in the public eye on his arm, but right now all she wanted was for him to completely disappear and let her enjoy herself. When he reached out and shook her dates hand she let a hard glare settle on his face. He was just being polite but Amber knew better and clearly he was plotting a personal attack on Gregg and she didn’t like it. Just as she was getting ready to steer them away feeling she’d done enough damage to get the girl to leave Nathan alone she heard him open his mouth again. Her glare instantly changed from something of anger to something of shock. Shock that he would think so lowly of her, even though it was very true, and shock that despite it all he would voice it in front of her date. She didn’t understand why he had to go and ruin her night because he was a drunk miserable idiot. ”That’s not even true. No Gregg where are you going,” Amber said as he began walking off with Nathan’s floozy.

Rounding back on Nathan furious, she hadn’t cared enough to go and chase after Gregg/George, afterall the person she loved was right there with her, but right now she was extremely mad at him. Fuming she turned back at him, ”What is the matter with you? You never take me to things like this and I finally find someone who will and you go and scare him off?” Amber said accusing him of ruining her night. She wanted to do everything she could to completely direct the conversation away from what he had already said. The last thing that Amber was prepared for right now was discussing her feelings with him. She was trying to make him jealous. She did miss him. She did want him back, but right now she wanted him to be sober and not being a jerk about her evening and her choices. What Amber wanted more than anything was to have him just understand, but she didn’t want to have to explain things to him so that he could understand.
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
nathan delaney
 Posted: Jul 26 2017, 08:45 PM
job
sports physiologist
gerard's pack
aff.
jade
alias

Nathan couldn’t help his pure satisfaction as he watched Gregg/George leave with his date, although, to be fair, she was leaving with his spontaneous date- but that was fine, he hadn’t really cared about Isabelle’s art degree anyway. What he cared about was how easy it had been to get Amber to himself and annoy her into sticking around; she could have chased after the couple, but she didn’t, so he felt much better for it. “Scare him off!” he repeated, shaking his head, pretty sure that, frankly, he had only ever been honest, something that high society was not cut out for her but ought to know how to guard against. “Some date he is if that’s enough to make him leave,” he decided, as, obviously, he had been to far more events and thus knew much more about how they worked; he knew, for example, that Amber had done very well in finding a date to make him jealous at the event, but her date had failed terribly (because they weren’t Nathan, who was perfect in every conceivable way).

“What’re you going to do now you’re stuck with me?” he pointed out, although, to be fair, she did have the capacity to leave. He just didn’t think she should, partly because he had decided that that was a ridiculous idea and he was the best part of this event; he, for instance, still cared enough to do things like put his glass on a passing waiter’s tray, aware that she had told him he had drunk enough. “We could explore the gallery, spend some quality time together,” he suggested hopefully, feeling rather sad, somewhere deep down, that the time only time he got with Amber was at night, when no one was looking, because she only wanted him fully-dressed on new moon nights, and he was stupid enough to accept that this was all he’d get from her and ought to be grateful for it. After a moment of contemplating this, he decided this was a ridiculous, unprofitable train of thought, and tried to focus on the conversation. “I know all the best places to-“ An older gentleman passed close by, mumbling, ‘sorry.’ “Appreciate art,” he finished lamely.

bae / clothes

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
amber casey
 Posted: Aug 14 2017, 04:40 PM
job
photo journalism
huntersnetwork
aff.
jess
alias

Amber wasn’t sure what kept her rooted to the spot, but for some reason she stuck with Nathan. She missed him, she missed this even because when they were fighting she knew that they were in a position that they were talking at least. Amber didn’t want to walk away from him, she just wanted him to admit that he was drunk and he was being an ass and that he was jealous, she would be happy with just those three little things that came from his mouth. Amber knew better though, she knew Nathan and knew that she was never getting him to admit any of those things despite how much she wanted him to.She had of course not known that Nathan was going to be at the gallery opening, but she knew that if he was she was going to have a date that was worthy of jealousy and while she felt she had done a decent enough job at doing this, he didn’t seem to care enough other than to scare him away with his own date. ”Stuck with you? I could leave at any moment you do know that right,” Amber said crossing her arms with attitude. The fact of it was that they both knew that while Amber definitely could leave at any moment, she absolutely would not and they both knew that.

Amber listened to the suggestions that he had about what they could be doing right now. She couldn’t help but let out a simple giggle when they man walked past and she heard how Nathan finished his last statement. She knew where things were going there. After a quick glance over her shoulder she took a place she was very familiar with on Nathan’s arm and almost whispered back. ”It’s been quite a while since I’ve been able to appreciate art with you,” Amber said happy to let him lead the way.
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
nathan delaney
 Posted: Oct 21 2017, 06:31 PM
job
sports physiologist
gerard's pack
aff.
jade
alias

Nathan was sure that Amber was just saying these things to make herself feel better. He saw no reason for her to leave; her date had already ditched, and she had been left with a much more superior model of boyfriend, even if she wasn’t dating said boyfriend at that point in time. He didn’t believe for a second that she could just walk away; the sad truth of not dating was that never saw one another unless it was by accident, and as he was far too stubborn to turn up at her door (also, she didn’t want to see him!), she would have to survive on these accidental meetings in public places. “Yeah, sure, you tell yourself that,” he told her, not even bothering to call her bluff when he knew she wouldn’t. They had more important things to cover.

There was every chance Amber might not want to properly leave the party with him, but he was tired of having to talk to people he didn’t like, and he didn’t see the point in pretending to appreciate art either. He didn’t know what she was looking for; in Nathan’s experience, you just had to do whatever you wanted and people would accept that you were a little busy at that point in time. Giving a brief smile when she took his arm, he turned them away from the main party, edging around another group of people to open a door to a quieter, darker part of the gallery. Sure, there was a lot of religious iconography everywhere but Nathan didn’t care. “Yeah? It’s been a few months, right?” he checked, a little cheerier at the concept of spending time with Amber without having to bother with everything else; as long as they both forgot their issues, things were fine!

bae / clothes

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
amber casey
 Posted: Nov 29 2017, 04:26 PM
job
photo journalism
huntersnetwork
aff.
jess
alias

Amber didn’t like being called out on a normal basis, but being called out by Nathan, her not boyfriend, who was kind of still her boyfriend, made her furious right now. She wanted to just walk away from him, forget that this evening had been sort of a wash, though it really hadn’t been since she had seemed to make him jealous which was inevitably the goal, but she also really did want to spend time with him. Regardless of it all she did feel slightly responsible for him, now that he had drank a little too much champagne and it would do none of them good if he did something stupid this evening and wound up on the front page of the sun. Instead of walking away she decided that a subtle insult would do just fine, ”You’re an idiot.” Huffing Amber decided that would have to do. She wasn’t going to argue with him, she knew very well that if she wanted to leave she would right now, it was of her own accord that kept her there. ”Besides you’ve had to much to drink and I feel that you shouldn’t be trusted alone with so much precious art around is the only reason I stay. See it as a night of babysitting, I’ll bill you later,” Amber said feeling that she did need to have the last word, regardless of if Nathan was drunk or not, it was her job to knock his ego down a few pegs when he was with her.

Amber did allow herself to be steered away from the crowds of people however, she didn’t want to put on a show for them. It was fairly common knowledge that they weren’t together currently, then again most people that even bothered to keep up with them still had a hard time keeping track of their on and off again relationship. Amber was still convinced this one was different, it was their longest consecutive break up since they started dating a few years back. Entering into a darker room Amber almost immediately noticed the religious images on the walls and felt a weird reverence fall over her, how could she argue with anyone when the virgin mary was staring down on her hoping she made good choices today. ”It has been a while yes,” Amber said looking at Nathan with a cocked brow, she wasn’t entirely sure if he was referring to art anymore and she was okay either way the conversation was going. ”Honestly though had I known it would just take me bringing a different date to an event like this to get to be on your arm, I would have done it years ago,” Amber said feeling quite accomplished that while they weren’t really together right now, she still got what she’d wanted all along from him, to be at his arm in a very prestigious event.
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
nathan delaney
 Posted: Dec 17 2017, 12:41 AM
job
sports physiologist
gerard's pack
aff.
jade
alias

Nathan didn’t think he was an idiot. Nathan thought he was a dastardly genius, able to miraculously manipulate the situation how he wanted it to go with minimal work on his part; all he’d had to do was get drunk, act like a ridiculous fool and call Amber out and no, that didn’t mean they were dating or anything, but it did mean she was choosing to spend time with him again. “I don’t need to be babysat,” he slurred at her, a little offended that he would ever need someone to watch over him at a party where he wasn’t even harassing that many people- just one guy, who totally deserved it, he didn’t even remember the guy’s name now anyway. “I’m a proper adult,” he reminded her, feeling very mature doing things like sneaking around an art gallery with his ex. He just figured that if she felt the need to treat him like a child, they’d never get anywhere and then what was even the point of dragging her around with him?

He hadn’t really planned anything, of course, except to spend time with Amber and he was quite happy to go with this room just because no one else was in there. Well, there were a lot of judgy religious figures but Nathan had been raised without much in the way of organised religion and thus had never really cared; he didn’t even notice the amount of Virgin Marys gazing serenely down at them, urging them to make good God-fearing choices. What he did notice was the amount of shadowy corners and an alcove that had doors leading to another room that, he had no doubt, were locked, and thus seemed great for them. She still had issues touching him- he very much remembered her abandoning him a greenhouse recently- but he tried to coax her there anyway, trying to look charming and not drunk. “Well, technically, it’s me dragging you to hidden corners of the event so that no one knows what we’re up to,” he pointed out, aware that this was not really her ideal: yes, Nathan was there, but no one would really see them together because he didn’t want to be there anyway. “But we can do anything you want.”

bae / clothes

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
amber casey
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 05:53 PM
job
photo journalism
huntersnetwork
aff.
jess
alias

Amber was still getting a sense of wip-lash from trying to understand how she ended up in this position. She had came to the event on the arm of one man and was now skulking around empty gallery exhibits with another. There was a word used to describe girls who did this and Amber wanted to push that thought far from her mind, things were different between her and Nathan and she was pretty sure that as much as she’d like to push it aside and forget the feelings that were still lurking just below the surface she didn’t know how to stop them exactly. This event, the day at the garden, it just seemed to be the universe trying to shove them into perplexing situations. This time however was different as it added a sense of alcohol to them that left Amber both amused and annoyed. One of these days she was sure that she was going to be able to properly understand her emotions, tonight didn’t seem like that night. ”Proper adults can speak without slurring their words Nathan darling,” Amber said patting his arm in what had been intended to be a patronizing way, but her fingers lingered against him for a moment making it come off as much more endearing than she had originally planned.

Falling back into routine with Nathan was easy, that's why she had been avoiding it. She knew that when she was around him it was easy to just let her heart go on autopilot. Despite their constant bickering and refusal to see eye to eye on a lot of things, she was completely enthralled in everything he had to offer. Amber felt herself going a bit breathless at his statement, she missed him, in the most innocent ways. She missed his sarcasm and his constant annoyance at what seemed to be everything in the room but her, even her sometimes, but she knew deep down she deserved that sometimes. ”Being on display is so overrated anyways isn’t it,” Amber said stopping for a moment long enough to pull herself close to Nathan and feel his heart beating against her. It may have felt random, but she needed to feel close to him again and deep down she knew that time was running short for them again this evening. She didn’t know how much longer she’d be able to keep up the facade of not wanting to get back together with him, but she didn’t quite yet know how to get past her usual issues that were keeping from just begging for forgiveness right now.  ”Why me,” She just muttered into his chest softly. She didn’t know much of what she was asking for, why was her life the one being tested. Why was her relationship suddenly so hard? Why of all people was he choosing to fight so hard for her? She didn’t know what answers she wanted, she did know that she didn’t want this moment to end however.
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
nathan delaney
 Posted: Mar 31 2018, 11:52 AM
job
sports physiologist
gerard's pack
aff.
jade
alias

Nathan didn’t really go into these situations with the intention of anything happening. If anything, he had come to the party with the intention of annoying everyone present, telling his parents that he’d attended and leaving early- but Amber had ruined that, obviously. She was still someone he had annoyed, but the difference was that he was apparently capable of annoying her into spending time with him, which was what he wanted from her. She didn’t really have to like him to spend time with him, he supposed, and the darkened gallery reminded him so strongly of that night in the greenhouse, he didn’t have much else on the mind, conveniently forgetting how it had need. He had already pulled them into an alcove, and he didn’t know how much closer they could get in that regard.

“Oh, I’m not that bad,” he sighed out, pretty sure that demanding ‘why me?’ of him was rather dramatic, even for their drama. He knew that they had tough times, but they had stuck them out before. He very much thought that this was the same situation. Tilting her chin up, he leaned down to kiss her- something less dramatic than the night in the greenhouse, but no less passionate, still sure that they were meant to be together but not sure that, now that he was here, he was in the mood to do anything more. This wasn’t so much about getting out pent up feelings as it had been before. He just wanted another moment before the inevitable happened, and he was a little too drunk to think of much more than how well they’d been doing before everything had changed.

bae / clothes

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.