» staff
» updates
22nd june -- save your characters by posting in activity check +here!

» spotlights

Add Reply
New Poll

sing me something to bring me down., sirius!
samuel holden
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 08:58 PM
has Rep: 34 pts
together we spill our blood on foreign streets. worlds apart and in too deep, my brother in arms, i wouldn't change a thing. all hands on deck, we live or die together.
job
cleaner | lost boy
johnny's pack
aff.
jade
alias

sometimes that's enough to free me from the undertow
Sam didn’t often go to Howl when it was still open. First of all, there was nothing for him to do there, and secondly, he got a little offended when he saw people spilling drinks there, like, didn’t they realise he, an innocent young man, had to clean there? Nevertheless, he had turned up early to discuss a pay thing with Johnny, had a quick meeting about it, and then headed into the bar itself, so close to closing time that he was surprised anyone was still present. He wasn’t allowed to start cleaning until the place was empty and, rather tragically, Eliana wasn’t working that night, so wandered a little, catching up with a packmate before telling them to go home, Jesus, look at the time. He stopped, however, at the sight of Talon’s younger brother- which was, admittedly, how Sam knew most of Talon’s family. Considering what a great friend Talon actually was to him, he felt like it would be poor form to ignore Sirius- at least to make sure he wasn’t, for example, unable to get home.

“Sirius!” he greeted, rather boisterously, as he bounced over. He peered around for bros of some sort but there appeared to be none, something that Sam might have found weirder if he wasn’t alone himself. But Sam worked here! So it was kind of more okay for him. With a pre-requisite fist bump expected from bros who never saw one another, he continued, “You alright? What’re you doing here, man?” He knew that, alright, Gerard’s pack might be in the bar but considering the higher cover charge for them, it always struck him as slightly odd; there had to be cheaper places to get drunk, right?

sirius / clothes /

--------------------
they say that your best ain't good enough but don't bow down when you could be rising up.
user posted image
PMEmail
^
sirius garou
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 06:43 AM
has Rep: 2 pts
ever since i left the city you got a reputation for yourself now everybody knows and i feel left out girl you got me down, you got me stressed out 'cause ever since i left the city you started wearing less and going out more
job
receptionist
gerard's pack
aff.
sammi
alias

So sick of being so serious, it’s making my brain delirious
Sirius had found himself hanging out at Howl more and more recently. It made his job seem a little more bearable, and he liked the environment quite a bit--it seemed a lot less up-tight than he was used to hanging around the garages. Not that he didn't like those people, but Sirius was definitely not thrilled to be stuck working at the garages--he was hopeless with cars and it was just a matter of time before someone else realized it. As such, it wasn't too crazy for him to be at Howl's after hours...as long as he wasn't rowdy he was assured he was fine to stay to finish his drink and then wait inside for his cab, after all it was barely spring in London, so the temperature wasn't to be trusted.

He honestly hadn't completely remembered that Sam had worked at Howl's...he had a vague memory of such things, but frankly he had spent most of his workday staring at possible culinary school options (and frowning at how expensive they were because that really wasn't an option for him), so it wasn't completely crazy that he arrived at Howl's and began to slam back drinks like he was some fraternity in the movies. Sirius hadn't completely decided if he wanted to go home now that the bar was closed, or go pick up food somewhere so he wouldn't wake his mom while he was frantically cooking some drunk food. "Hey, what's up?" he greeted Sam, grinning widely (mainly due to the alcohol circulating through his bloodstream), "I'm just trying to decide whether or not I wanted to pick up food on my way home or just head home to pass out," he admitted freely. "How have you been? I forget you work clean-up around here." Small talk was important anyway, especially since he really did enjoy hanging out with Sam for the most part before he swapped packs, and while Sirius didn't really understand the politics of it, he found himself very neutral on the issue and very interested in how the other side viewed things.

357 words
lbr is it a night out if you don't buy a disgusting amount of food before you go home?

PM
^
samuel holden
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 05:16 PM
together we spill our blood on foreign streets. worlds apart and in too deep, my brother in arms, i wouldn't change a thing. all hands on deck, we live or die together.
job
cleaner | lost boy
johnny's pack
aff.
jade
alias

Sam supposed it was a bonus that Sirius didn’t seem horrified to see Sam there- he didn’t know why Sirius would be bothered by this, but Sam hadn’t left the pack on the best terms and although he was good friends with a lot of the pack, he worried more when the person or their family was closer to Gerard. Frankly, the fact that Sirius appeared to be drunk or at least tipsy seemed to help and he grinned back in return, finding Sirius’ dilemma a truly serious one, frankly. What was the point of going out and getting drunk if you didn’t get a kebab after? With little funds to put into actual drinking- so Sam got drunk with the lost boys, where their alcohol was always provided by mysterious benefactors (those of them with rich friends)- he still knew the very serious tradition of getting the worst possible food when pissed.

“Listen, there’s a chip shop round the corner, it’s like three quid for… oh my God, the worst kebabs of your life,” he promised Sirius with a very knowledgeable nod, sure that it would still be open at this time. It might make most of its business just from people stumbling there after Howl, actually, which Sam thought that that place should only see as a bonus. At Sirius’ question, he paused, trying to work out if anything had happened in his life that warranted great discussion. The fact of the matter was, like an old man, he had settled: a job, an apartment, a bunch of weird friends he thought might be high all the time, even the vampires. “I’ve been alright, actually. Mostly spent the past few weeks fixing my bike,” he said, referring to a motorbike that, without fail, always had something wrong with it. As a fairly good mechanic though, Sam fixed it up religiously. “Are you, uh, working at the garages now?” he wondered, as this was where a lot of Gerard’s pack ended up.

sirius / clothes /

--------------------
they say that your best ain't good enough but don't bow down when you could be rising up.
user posted image
PMEmail
^
sirius garou
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 03:04 PM
ever since i left the city you got a reputation for yourself now everybody knows and i feel left out girl you got me down, you got me stressed out 'cause ever since i left the city you started wearing less and going out more
job
receptionist
gerard's pack
aff.
sammi
alias

So sick of being so serious, it’s making my brain delirious
Sirius wasn’t going to become someone who judged too seriously--it took a lot of effort and energy, and it was much more easy for him to be cool and not a total dick to everyone. He couldn’t hold a grudge for anything, it just wasn’t in his nature and Sirius already felt out of his element enough within the pack. ”Three quid for awful kebabs?” Sirius repeated, laughing in response, ”I wish I could say that was right up my alley, but I judge food something awful.” It was true--especially since he had a passion for cooking and food in general which made him a bit more picky in terms of what he ate. It would probably be a lot easier if he just went home and cooked up a grilled cheese or something similar, and then he wouldn’t have to spend money either.

Sam seemed to be pretty well put together, and if Sirius hadn’t been thinking he would’ve suggested he bring the motorbike into the garages to have someone look at it--he was sure that Zoya would lose her mind if she got to work on a bike, but that likely also wouldn’t be wise. Things were already tense enough without Sirius making outlandish suggestions, so he just nodded weakly, ”That’s probably why people are always so excited to get a bike until they actually have it,” Sirius shrugged. He figured it was a lot like buying a boat in which the best days of owning a boat were the day you buy it and the day you sell it. It seemed like one of those bizarre luxuries that seemed farfetched to Sirius. At Sam’s question, however, Sirius merely nodded, ”Uh, yeah, unfortunately,” he paused, shrugging his shoulders, ”I suck at cars though, so they’ve stuck me up in reception which sucks a little less until people come asking all kinds of questions about their cars and I can honestly say I have no clue what’s happening.”

340 words
lbr is it a night out if you don't buy a disgusting amount of food before you go home?
PM
^
samuel holden
 Posted: May 7 2017, 07:17 PM
job
cleaner | lost boy
johnny's pack
aff.
jade
alias

“Oh, I’m so sorry, I didn’t know you wanted west London over here,” Sam replied sarcastically, sure that although there were a great many places to eat good food in east London, frankly, at this hour and this level of intoxication, Sirius should take what he could get. Then again, Sam mostly judged food like, ‘if it’s edible, I’ll eat it,’ and he couldn’t afford to be picky otherwise- this was probably the side-effect of living on his own. Still, if Sirius couldn’t find anywhere, the best thing he could do, Sam thought, was raid his own fridge, which would be a great time to come up with a horrifying combination of food.

“Hey now, my bike is great for the two days I get to use it,” he argued, as though the bike was in the room and needed protecting; he was quite proud of it, but then Sam was proud of anything he managed to buy and fix himself. In fact, hearing that Sirius was working at the garages was not a surprise; Sam knew a lot of the pack who naturally gravitated towards working there, himself included, although he found it funnier that Sirius proclaimed to have no actual fix-it skills. “Well, it could be worse. You could be cleaning a bar after hours,” he pointed out, deciding that although he would easily take offence if someone else had said this to him, he didn’t quite mind with Sirius; it wasn’t like (as far as he knew) Sirius to turn around and be vindictive about it. “Do you know how you’re getting home, by the way? I can’t actually clean up until everyone’s left so I might as well owe Talon and make sure you get home alive,” he explained, cheerily ignoring the other occupant of the bar at this hour, a man who appeared to be passed at the actual bar- Sam would leave him for the bartenders to deal with.

sirius / clothes /

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
sirius garou
 Posted: May 9 2017, 04:50 PM
job
receptionist
gerard's pack
aff.
sammi
alias

Sirius never particularly meant to sound a bit...pretentious when it came to his food choices, but it helped that he prefered to cook his own food. ”Sorry, my bad,” Sirius chuckled. Truthfully, he probably didn’t need to eat anything, but he was absolutely going to see about some leftovers the second he got home. It didn’t help that he preferred to cook his own meals to picking stuff up, it just tasted better and he could actually guarantee he liked whatever it was that he was eating. Although, his level of sobriety would probably just let him eat whatever he wanted, but Sirius wasn’t going to force himself into something like that. Besides, food cost money, so why would he want to do that?

”Oh, I’m sure it is great….until it breaks again,” Sirius shrugged. He was sure his mother would murder him if he considered getting a bike of any sort, unless it was a bicycle. Too hazardous for someone so young and reckless it seemed, even though Sirius would be lying if he said he didn’t want to at least experience one once in his life. ”Sure, it could be worse, I’m the greatest receptionist,” Sirius rolled his eyes, tone sarcastic, ”Though, I guess I don’t have to do much cleaning after people…” It was nicer to consider, anyway. He mainly filed paperwork and made other people fill stuff out, and deal with the money and Sirius guess it paid okay. It just wasn’t where he wanted to end up, it supposed. ”I, uh,” Sirius hesitated. How was he meant to get home? He could...call a cab or something, but that wasn’t going to happen. ”I was probably just going to walk home...I think,” Sirius shrugged. It was the far cheaper option anyway.

312 words • Outfit • lol
PM
^
samuel holden
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 10:41 PM
job
cleaner | lost boy
johnny's pack
aff.
jade
alias

“That’s when I fix it,” Sam said easily, sure that he had solved the issue of his bike breaking by having the skills to deal with that. It was really the only thing he could do; the idea of strolling back into Knox Garages would probably give him a coronary even if he did like some of the people who worked there- he simply didn’t want to run into Gerard or associated parties again, and he had decided the best way to deal with that was not to deal with it at all. Nevertheless, with this issue sorted, he still found it hilarious that Sirius was a charming receptionist. The garages needed them, that wasn’t a surprise, but he was amused that not everyone in the pack had a natural affinity for fixing cars.

“Well, yeah, because the place is covered in grease,” he pointed out, sure that Sirius could work for the rest of his life trying to clean the place up and never manage it. This was just part and parcel of having a job there, Sam thought, even if you weren’t up close and personal with the cars themselves. Still, he was curious to know how Sirius was getting home, in the sense that he had to make sure he was doing so safely, and he frowned at the thought of just casually walking. “Are you sure? I can loan you taxi fare- Talon will pay me back,” he assured Sirius, sure that Talon could afford it with his fancy job.

sirius / clothes /

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
sirius garou
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 12:16 AM
job
receptionist
gerard's pack
aff.
sammi
alias

Sirius supposed it made sense that Sam wasn’t going to stroll right into Knox Garages like nothing had happened. He wasn’t really expecting him to, even if he figured there was quite the handful of people he was sure would kindly fix up his bike with him if only for the sake of fixing a bike. ”Clearly you need to get a handle on how to fix it properly,” Sirius pointed out. Clearly he wasn’t going to be able to do much of anything if his bike kept on breaking. It would be exhausting having to constantly fix it, and Sirius would have just absolutely given up all semblance of hope for it. ”Or you better scrap it and start anew, I’m sure there’s a few people who would look at it and not give you too much grief about it.” Sirius couldn’t imagine he was the only one who could be on good terms with Sam, but then again he wasn’t really sure. It was bad enough that Sirius was already on the fence about the whole pack thing anyway.

”Oh god, could you imagine me trying to clean that place up?” he asked, laughing, ”Everyone would just make a bigger mess after I got that area clean, it’s bad enough trying to watch them not chuck wrenches at each other.” Honestly, he was content with spending his time in the office at the Garages, When he had down time he’d perfected his Solitaire playing game on one of the computers, and had just recently beat level 400 on Candy Crush which was quite the accomplishment for playing usually only during down times at work. Otherwise he was searching for new ideas for recipes to try to cook. ”If Talon pays you back, he’ll make me cook him dinner to pay him back,” Sirius pointed out, ”So how about this, you can pay for my fare, and I’ll pay you back by cooking dinner.” While most people may not see cooking dinner as repayment, Sirius prided himself with his excellent cooking.

355 words • Outfit • lol
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.