» staff
» updates
15th september -- supernatural sign ups are now open +here!

» spotlights

Add Reply
New Poll

how much love would make you whole?, stephen!
nadia snow
 Posted: Mar 12 2017, 11:45 PM
has Rep: 4 pts
You pick me up and take me home again Head out the window again We're hollow like the bottles that we drain You drape your wrists over the steering wheel Pulses can drive from here We might be hollow, but we're brave
job
ballet dancer
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

we're hollow like the bottles that we drain

Nadia never appreciated being ordered about by her parents, she was defiant in such a subtle way she rarely often outright said no, apart from the job offers, of course, they had the honour of her denials. This unfortunately meant that when she was ordered to do something on the basis of family loyalty and duty, she had to be rather creative about getting out of it, and when she couldn’t do that, she had to suffer through yet another of the mundane activities a young socialite girl without full control of her trust fund. She had half considered not going when her mother had informed her there was a young man who wanted showing around the city, she suspected it was either a set up or a punishment for her most recent refusal to take responsibility, and either way she didn’t appreciate it. Her mother had specifically scheduled it around her dance rehearsals too, so she had no excuse – she could hardly tell her mother that her plans for that particular time slot had been to drink herself to death, the last time she had tried the comment hadn’t been appreciated. Still, she supposed, after much consideration, she could go and meet the man her mother was so desperate for her to show around London, and she could ruin his day, corrupt his innocence, whatever the situation called for.

She head informed the guy via her mother to meet her at the London Eye, rather sure it was an efficient way to show him all of London at once. It was only then that her mother informed her she had met this person before, and whilst she did not particularly remember a Stephen Knight, she was sure that only made it easier to ditch him once they had exchanged pleasantries and spent thirty minutes in a pod above London. She headed towards the river, rather making an effort to be late if she could be, practically dawdling along. She knew to look out for him as she walked along the riverside, but she was enjoying much more the teasing spring breeze across the river, and watching the boats as they passed by. Of course, this was only ruined by the incessant thought that she should have gotten a drink before she did this, and the hope that she could steal some of that champagne they sometimes had on the London Eye.

It was only a moment where she looked towards the London Eye, where the sun filtered through just enough that she could barely see, enough that she had to stop a few feet away and blink it out of her eyes. It was only then that she saw him, she recognised him easily, he was more grown up now, of course, but so was she. Carefully, she blinked at him, rather pleasantly surprised by what she saw, a small smile forming. Perhaps this wouldn’t be so bad. She closed the gap between them, unable to help looking at him rather curiously. ”Tell me my mother hasn’t given you strict instructions to make sure I behave,” Nadia said smoothly by way of greeting, reminding herself as best she could that this man was still here on her mother’s orders and that was never to be trusted.

tag: husband!| outfit

--------------------
choose your last words, this is the last time cause you and i, we were born to die
user posted image
PMEmail
^
stephen knight
 Posted: Mar 13 2017, 07:47 PM
has Rep: 3 pts
Another head aches, another heart breaks I am so much older than I can take And my affection, well it comes and goes I need direction to perfection, no no no no Help me out
job
accountant
n/a
aff.
jade
alias

It’s a privilege to be loved by you.
It was not like Stephen to be particularly at the whims of his parents, especially after moving out (a small, cramped apartment, but it had his name on it). He largely considered them ineffectual when it came to giving ultimatums, but these socialites knew one another, and with that came old favours passing hands, and one of those old favours was to meet someone. This wasn’t the usual calibre of talking to someone and he would have refused, but he was optimistic at heart, and knew himself well enough to know that if he truly hated it, he’d leave. He didn’t, however, head to the meeting place with the decision that he would already dislike whomever he was meeting- a Nadia Snow, whose name only bought red hair to mind- and was curious to know what she might know about him. It would be ridiculous of him not to assume that there was an ulterior motive when parents were involved in his social life.

He had gotten there on time, having spent his morning scouting the local parks for worthy things to draw, so his art and medical supplies were all tucked away in his bag and, having no desire to find somewhere to sit, he waited near the railings, looking out over the Thames. While used to busy cities, this was something else; he had the hope that going on the London eye, tourist-y as it was, would stop the place from seeming so overwhelming. After all, he wasn’t there as a tourist; he was living there.

He hadn’t expected Nadia to approach so suddenly although, of course, this was largely because she hadn’t formally announced her presence before addressing him. Looking over at her, he figured she was about as changed as he was- that is to say, they were adults and didn’t know much more about each other. Still, he gave her a friendly, open smile. It was true he had been warned not to be taken for a ride, something that had him looking amused, considering their plan for the afternoon. But what he said candidly was, “Actually, I was told you might be late.” He stuck out his hand for her to shake. “We have met before but... hi, I’m Stephen.”

nadia / clothes /

--------------------
we're holding our own in a great big storm -
user posted image
and though we're cutting it close, we won't let go.
PMEmail
^
nadia snow
 Posted: Apr 9 2017, 11:23 PM
You pick me up and take me home again Head out the window again We're hollow like the bottles that we drain You drape your wrists over the steering wheel Pulses can drive from here We might be hollow, but we're brave
job
ballet dancer
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

Of course, Nadia didn’t know what to expect from the elusive Stephen, but mostly, it was boredom. Of course, when she saw him she decided she couldn’t be bored – although, she had very little to base that upon other than the fact he was handsome. Still, she was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, skepticism aside. No doubt the moment her parents heard of this behaviour they wouldn’t believe it, so she felt no shame in being briefly nice to someone. She took his hand lightly, clearly amused that he had been told something in the first place, but of course, it was not often that her reputation for a lack of charm preceded her. ”I always arrive exactly when I intend to,” Nadia promised him, sure he should know that any lateness was intentional, as she was sure it was rude to lie, but also to make it clear that she always knew exactly what she was doing.

”I know,” She added, sure they knew who each other was, and there was no need to waste the day away with instructions when they had things to do like stroll towards the London Eye. A though she put into action quite quickly, after giving him a less than subtle glance over, and smiled lightly, as though something had pleased her. ”We have London to see,” She announced, before stepping forwards towards the structure. ”So, I’ve been told you’re not familiar with London,” Nadia noted, not particularly phrasing it as a question, ”And that you wanted to see what you could of it – or at least, my parents wanted that – so you can imagine, we’ll cover a lot of ground today.” Nadia, of course, had cheated in this visit to the London Eye, deciding she could get away with telling him he had seen everything he needed to see from above. ”Do you think you can keep up?” She asked, handing her tickets to the man and leading him towards their pod.

--------------------
choose your last words, this is the last time cause you and i, we were born to die
user posted image
PMEmail
^
stephen knight
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 12:00 AM
Another head aches, another heart breaks I am so much older than I can take And my affection, well it comes and goes I need direction to perfection, no no no no Help me out
job
accountant
n/a
aff.
jade
alias

Nadia’s interesting timing issues aside, Stephen felt as hopeful as he could manage for this meeting. He wasn’t sure what he had expected, but he was quite certain that Nadia wasn’t it; for a start, she seemed about as interested in pleasing their parents as he did, and she didn’t immediately begin with something ridiculously boring, like talk of the weather. He figured even if this was a very ordinary half an hour, he wouldn’t feel the need to walk away halfway through- although, rather worryingly, it had all been arranged that he couldn’t really do that anyway without causing some serious damage. He kept pace with her on the way to the London Eye itself- not a difficult feat, considering his height, but a little more difficult when he had to navigate the crowd too- wondering what she might have to say about his sudden desire to see London, which he found rather logical.

“By which you mean you’ve taken the easy way out and are showing me everything by air,” he pointed out, not finding a particular problem with this; she had indeed done as was asked and would be showing him London, but he had, before he’d been notified where to meet her, thought that he might get a walking tour. He didn’t mind either way, fortunately, only hoping that she might have actually interesting things to point out to him. In fact, her question caught him off-guard, only because he wasn’t sure where he’d given any indication he couldn’t; he assumed maybe she met a lot of people who were not always on the ball. “I’m sure I can give it my best shot,” he assured her with an easy smile, “nothing you’ve said suggests I can’t.”

nadia / clothes /

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
nadia snow
 Posted: May 23 2017, 02:49 AM
job
ballet dancer
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

Nadia raised an eyebrow at him for a moment, supposing it was fair to call her out this way when she was absolutely taking the easy way out. She didn’t want to be there, she liked to assume he didn’t either – in fact, the only reason she had stayed this long was because she was interested in him. As of yet she wasn’t seeing any sign he was going to force her to do something else with him, and she quite liked that, you know, getting things her way – it was refreshing. ”If it’s a problem I’m afraid you’ll have to take it up with my mother,” Nadia said with a light – clearly tragic – sigh, quite fond of the idea of irritating her mother with her lack of interest, she was sure it wasn’t obvious in the slightest to poor, unsuspecting, handsome Stephen. Still, the London Eye was approaching and who was she to deny him the view of the city?

For a moment, he even caught her by surprise – as though her whole attitude wasn’t something to keep up with – and he was quite confident he was sailing through. Deciding that wouldn’t do, she gave him the sort of smile that said trouble. ”I haven’t said anything yet,” She informed him lightly, before heading forwards to the pod, where she hoped he literally was keeping up or she would have abandoned him on the ground. Stepping into the pod took a moment, but a cursory glance told her it was exactly as expected, and they would rise to the top accordingly, and then fall, and it would resonate terribly with her. ”I think London quite hideous, I’m sorry to tell you,” She said gently now, the lull of them rising, the excuse to watch the world go by, it always put her in a terribly introspective mood. ”Or maybe it’s just hideous to gawk at it from up here, I’m not sure,” She considered, glancing lightly at him, wondering how he would take such a terrible perspective so soon into their time spent together.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
stephen knight
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 10:38 PM
job
accountant
n/a
aff.
jade
alias

“I have no desire to speak to your mother,” Stephen shot back immediately, sure that this was not rude considering she made it sound as though having a mother itself was a terrible chore for someone to deal with. He felt, as he did with most things, that he could handle this by himself, and if he had any complaints, he would not be escalating them to her mother like she was someone he knew at the playground at primary school. The idea seemed faintly laughable; he was an adult. “Offer me the same courtesy,” he added helpfully, aware that although he had just had a moment where he had considered how independent he was, there was a very specific reason they were there. Still, he thought that it would be smarter for both of them to keep their parents out of it now, if they could. The only bonus was that he only had a mother to complain to, and that, he thought, was the tragedy of his parents too.

At her comment, he frowned, not sure why this would be an important distinction. “That,” he started, stepping past someone so that she could hear him even as they entered the pod, “is just as important as what you do say.” He liked, he thought, this slight stretching of his brain, where he had to remember to be quick on his feet; he didn’t bother with it often, choosing to be overlooked for his own sanity; the idea of someone recognising him for anything related to his ability to conduct himself in a conversation was horrifying, but he also suspected Nadia didn’t really care about being inadvertently invited to too many social events.

So far, his view of London was a variety of streets and Westminster Abbey on the other side of the river, some bridges, and a remarkable amount of people and cars. He didn’t know what he’d expected, but he surveyed it anyway, resting one hand on the railing so that, if something did catch his eye, he could take a closer look. Nadia’s pessimism aside, he didn’t plan to go on the eye again; he would make the most of it, even if she didn’t want to. “If you don’t like it, why stay?” he enquired, finding no shame in asking a personal question. He thought it was quite simple. He hadn’t liked York, so he’d arranged to leave; if she didn’t like London, she ought to find a reason to go.

nadia / clothes /

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
nadia snow
 Posted: Jul 5 2017, 01:35 AM
job
ballet dancer
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

It was hard to phase Nadia, and despite his sudden sharpness, she thought she was really quite enamoured by him. She knew it was strange to think this in light of someone who did not want to talk to your mother, but in her case that was a rather good thing, and she appreciated that he was not afraid to be stern despite their knowing one another for five minutes. Social convention need no place in her world, and she thought that to a degree he might not worry about it either. She smiled lightly and nodded. "She's a terrible conversationalist anyway," Nadia informed him as though that held any weight in this sort of situation. Instead, she just continued to smile to herself, a little unable to avoid looking please, as though she might be looking forwards to the next time he snapped at her. "I don't think any mother would listen to me," Nadia speculated, sure he was in no danger of her seeking out his parents.

Nadia was not much expecting a profound answer in response, perhaps because people rarely went along with her games and strange ways of talking and she rather strangely often felt more as though she was talking to herself, no matter the company. It was obvious that Stephen was actually listening to her, in a strange way, and she quite liked it. "And you? Will you say anything that might be important?" She asked, a little gently this time, as though she was trying to find something in him, searching his expression in case she was right, in case he was something important in himself.

She watched as they started to rise above London, her heart always strangely loose in her chest as she watched this sort of thing, never sure how she felt, never sure if she could ever enjoy a view like this. She thought too much about each and every person down there, about how the ugliness of London far out weighed its beauty, even from this view, designed perfectly to capture the parts of London they wanted the world to see, and yet, Nadia knew that none of it could truly be beautiful. At his question she was knocked from her thoughts, and she smiled gently to herself before she answered, supposing he had finally asked something easy. "If I don't remind myself of what I hate I might forget to feel things at all," She told him, looking a little sadly out of the giant glass pod, feeling very trapped inside, but perhaps that was nothing to do with the pod at all.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
stephen knight
 Posted: Jul 29 2017, 12:20 AM
job
accountant
n/a
aff.
jade
alias

“I can’t imagine why,” Stephen offered innocently, sure that the reason no parent wanted to meet her might be because she knew too much and he knew from experience that this could be disconcerting for the older generation. In general, he was adept enough to avoid annoying them, but he didn’t think he needed to talk to any elders for a long time, not even to confirm whether he and Nadia had met and had a good time- although he also suspected that this couldn’t be quite described a good time, but it was certainly something.

At her question in return, he paused, considering it. The obvious answer was that everything he said was important; he wouldn’t say it otherwise, being prone to carefully choosing his words. The issue was that there were levels to a conversation and it would be strange to assume that he would say anything that he considered legitimately important about himself so early in the conversation, too prone to privacy. It would be worst of all to leave her with no answer. “That depends on what you think is important,” he decided at last, figuring that, while it was a safe response, it was not a bad one; he didn’t want to really discuss himself, sure that she might find something to dislike there all of a sudden if she didn’t learn to talk to him first.

He followed her gaze out of the window, unsure if he could particularly call it an ugly city. It wasn’t pretty, there was that, but there were a lot of people who were happy to romanticise it and he didn’t see the point in diminishing what they thought of it. He had, in fact, bought art supplies, but that had been before h had met Nadia and discovered she would be more interesting in sitting down to draw, so he was happier to wait for an answer, expecting something impractical but logical. He wasn’t disappointed. “Hmm,” he started before throwing out rather casually, “And why not remind yourself of things you love instead?”

nadia / clothes /

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
nadia snow
 Posted: Aug 5 2017, 02:01 AM
job
ballet dancer
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

Nadia smiled, but it wasn't really much of a smile, more something pointed, the smile of a girl rather used to the notion that no adult wanted to hear what she had to say. Even now, as an adult herself, she still felt a child placed in the corner, told to be quiet when she knew more than anyone else in the room - perhaps more than anyone else in the room. Still, she let the comment slide, deciding that he probably didn't mean it in a cruel way, he didn't seem the sort, if anything she rather hoped that he appreciated what she had to say. She couldn't be sure yet, unfortunately. Instead, she was forced to consider what was important, and this illicited more of a genuine smile from her, and she looked up at him for a long moment, rather like she knew she had a good answer for this and couldn't wait to tell him so. "I'm really rather fickle about what I consider important," She informed him with a touch too much pleasure. "I always believe that if you put enough emotion behind something it will always be important one way or another, and if not, then irony will amuse me all the same."

She trusted him with the fact he could now discern what was and wasn't important - to her, at least - and turned continued to watch London fall beneath them, the world getting smaller, and perhaps she liked that for a moment, although she wasn't satisfied until they reached the top, but it seemed to be approaching soon. His question, though, and she forgot her brief satisfaction, looking up at him perhaps considering this too seriously, feeling something strange in her. "Love hurts far too much to consider it so often, I would only suffer," She explained, although not without some hesitation, looking at him for a long moment, already aware she was drawn to him, but love was something terrible and powerful, and not something she considered lightly.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
stephen knight
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 01:16 AM
job
accountant
n/a
aff.
jade
alias

Stephen was well aware that this was a remarkably serious conversation for first meeting, but he didn’t mind, and he thought that if talking to Nadia was like this all the time, he would be quite pleased; he liked that he had to think very seriously about things that he didn’t usually put much thought into- or even thought about often, but didn’t get the chance to verbalise depending on the company he was with. He considered the idea of everything being important, but he wasn’t sure how much stock he put in that when it came down to it. “Seems to me that everything’s important to you then,” he decided, sure that people used emotion in everything, even if it wasn’t what he considered personally important. He figured that this must just mean that Nadia’s life was a little more fraught with serious things, seeing as she had to sift through all of the things people said regularly.

He didn’t quite know when they had reached the top; he kept thinking they must have done, but then the pod would rise a little higher, not enough to change his view of the city but enough to keep him interested. It also meant that they didn’t have very much to continue their conversation; somehow, he recognised that when they hit the ground again, they might not carry on their serious discussion, that it was better left in the air. “Interesting perspective,” he commented lightly. “Some people might say that it’s worth it.”

nadia / clothes /

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
nadia snow
 Posted: Today at 12:58 am
job
ballet dancer
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

Nadia could have laughed, but she'd never really thought it could be possible to have everything be important to her. Meaning was a very vague term she supposed, and emotion just the same, and to want both was a strange and unsatisfying trip into a life of longing. She looked out at the London skyline for a moment, wishing he was right, that she could find that emotion and meaning in just anything, but the truth was her heart didn't work that way. "I wish everything was important," She said, finally glancing back at him, "But there is so much that means nothing all too quickly."

It was that moment, where they hit the very top of the world, as high as you could go in London without first visiting an airport, and the moment she was forced to consider love. She rarely did, she didn't suspect it was something she could, or even should, experience. She knew mostly that it would hurt inevitably, because she was terrible and could only have that sort of love that tore oneself apart, and she already tore herself apart. "Some people say that before it hurts, I wonder how many people say the same after?" She considered, perhaps with a degree of skepticism she shouldn't have, but that was her way. Then, they were starting to descend through the sky, and she supposed it was fitting.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.