» staff
» updates
8th july -- check out the site event +here!

1st july -- check out the monthly announcements +here!

» spotlights

Add Reply
New Poll

i'll make you shiver, i'll keep you warm, urie!
brynnah march
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 02:43 AM
has Rep: 18 pts
it's just me, myself, and i, solo-ride until i die, cause i got me for life, oh, oh i don't need a hand to hold even when the night is cold cause i got that fire in my soul.
job
healer
hunter's network
aff.
sammi
alias

+stethoscope urie!
To say that work was busy right now would be a massive understatement, but Brynnah didn’t mind terribly much. Her shift was almost over, which was a relief as she was exhausted. She grabbed the clipboard of the next case that was thrust into her lap, walking briskly to the bed in question after ensuring the curtains had been drawn (for privacy, and also because apparently not everyone was doing well with the sight of blood). Setting the chart down on her chair, she brushed a few loose strands of hair back from her face before offering a warm smile to her latest patient, ”Hi, Urie? The rumor going around is that you need a few stitches?” Brynnah quickly put on a pair of gloves before digging out her suture kit to place on the tray.

”Dare I ask what happened? Your chart was pretty vague…” her voice trailed off before getting her needle threaded properly before getting to work, ”Small pinch--this is the numbing,” she informed biting her lip as she carefully hovered over him, lining each surgical stitch up like she was sewing clothing modifications for fun rather than carefully suturing someone’s forehead, but Brynnah didn’t mind. It was a type of task that she found particularly easy, as long as the patient didn’t move too much (obviously it wasn’t the most comforting situation--but at least there was a little bit of a numbing agent to help soothe everything out). Brynnah finished the first stitch, trimming the loose thread from the ends (mostly for cosmetic reasons--it made the stitches look a lot neater besides helping to prevent too much scarring) before moving to the next one, ” If you got any blood on your clothes hydrogen peroxide will get it right out if you soak it before you wash it. Once I get you to stop gushing blood all over the place I promise to get you cleaned up so you don’t look like a murder victim, though, I promise.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
urie miehm
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 03:46 PM
has Rep: 4 pts
N/A
job
nandos manager
na
aff.
jess
alias

471 words for brynnah
Urie was an idiot, he knew that and he had know that for the last few years. He had decided that he was going to go longboarding that day, it wasn’t his fault that the London roads were still pretty icey this time of year and he swears that fire hydrant had never been there before. No worries though, his head, that was lacking a helmet, had completely stopped him from getting to hurt. A few people nearby to the crash had seemed concerned, and a bit squeamish about the blood that was oozing from his head, so to calm them down he had agreed to let them drop him at the hospital to get him checked out. By the time that he was placed in a room with a towel firmly pressed to his head still he felt sluggish. The world seemed to be spinning a little faster in that part of the hospital and he flipped the lights off in the room before taking a seat on the bed. Waiting patiently for a doctor or a nurse to come see him he fiddled with things that were hanging on the wall and continued to keep the towel pressed to his head to hopefully limit the bleeding to the best of his non doctor abilities.

”I’m fine honestly, just a few squeamish tourists is all,” Urie said to the nurse who walked in. He started the statement quick and confident before trailing off a bit with his words as he removed the towel from his forehead and got a good look at who had just walked in the door. Even though he for a moment thought it was twins his vision steadied and realized he was looking directly into the face of the most real life nurse fantasy of his life. She was stunning and he wasn’t sure what to do about that. Urie flinched for a moment at the poking and slowly felt the numbing agent working through his skin making it all feel weird as she got close enough to him to stitch up his face. He watched her working and speaking before trying to respond with a much cooler impressive reason on why he was in the hospital than a longboarding crash in trafalgar square. ”There were like, kids, and cats, and I just had to do my part to help the out. You know, for the greater good and all,” Urie said slowly almost going cross eyed trying to watch her hands stitching up his forehead while he was talking to her. He was pretty sure that the murder victim look was working for him though so he didn’t know why he needed it to be cleaned up, but he’d willingly accept a sponge bath any day from this nurse.

--------------------
user posted image
beautiful sig by steve harrington @ TDA
PM
^
brynnah march
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 04:40 PM
it's just me, myself, and i, solo-ride until i die, cause i got me for life, oh, oh i don't need a hand to hold even when the night is cold cause i got that fire in my soul.
job
healer
hunter's network
aff.
sammi
alias

+stethoscope urie!
Brynnah had seen her fair share of blood and guts in her time of working out of the triage unit--it made her life a bit interesting to say the least, and she found it the most fulfilling. As such, she was used to people being...well...nonchalant about it coming in with injuries that were much more serious than they wanted to admit, so seeing her latest patient with a towel pressed to his head telling her he was fine, she wanted nothing more than to roll her eyes. ”Uh-huh, I’m sure you are fine,” she murmured, ”I’m glad they made you come in at least, head injuries can be more serious than they seem superficially.” Brynnah hated to imagine the number of people who just neglected to come in after similar injuries just due to their sense of pride. It was dangerous, to say the least.

At his explanation, Brynnah laughed a bit, keeping her hands steady as she moved on to the next surgical stitch, ”Oh, I’m so sure--what on earth had to have happened for children and cats to be involved?” she inquired, delicately placing the needle to do the next stitch, and then the next as she worked, finishing her last stitch before sitting down in her chair to look over the chart and determine what she wanted to do next, ”I think we have a few extra scrub tops if you wanted to change your shirt,” she offered rather lightheartedly as she got out a rather large pile of gauze and peroxide to set to work on cleaning him up some, starting to dab the dampened gauze to his face to get all the blood off, ”Now, you’ll want to go get these taken out in about...a week at the latest I would say...your primary care doctor should be able to do it relatively easily, and there shouldn’t be too much of a scar, I made the stitches pretty neat anyway.” She explained before indulging further into head injury protocol, ”Aside from the gash, are you experiencing any other symptoms? Sensitivity to light? Ringing in the ears? Headache? Nausea, dizziness, fatigue, memory disturbances?” she listed off, knowing that she certainly wasn’t going to just let him leave without getting a concussion protocol in. "Your pupils are a bit dilated..." she noted, off hand.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
urie miehm
 Posted: Feb 21 2018, 05:19 PM
N/A
job
nandos manager
na
aff.
jess
alias

355words for brynnah
Urie was pretty sure that he would have been find just laying down for an hour or so and keeping a towel pressed to his head, after all he could have just made sure that he bullied Kavya into being a nurse for him and they would have been fine. ”I’ve got a thick skull, you’d be surprised at the damage this thing can take,” Urie said confidently pointing to his head. Of course it wasn’t exactly flirting protocol to call yourself stupid, but he was pretty sure that if he could just manage a single laugh from the nurse he’d be making progress to hopefully get her number by the time that they were done this evening. Hearing the laugh he’d been waiting for her couldn’t help but smile, feeling the muscles in his face contract and flinch a bit at the feeling as it tightened around the stitchings she was still making he decided to elaborate on his fake news story. ”There was an accident, like a school bus, into. . . an animal shelter,” Urie said and even as the words fell out he knew that it was stupid sounding but he was to far into it to retract any of his statements now.

Urie nodded at the idea of a new shirt, at least he wouldn’t leave the emergency room looking like he had gotten in a fight with a bear, and clearly won. ”Why can’t I come back and have you take them out,” Urie said looking through his lashes up at the nurse. He was pretty sure he would normally be taller than her, but since he was sitting and she was hovering above him still in close proximity he was perfectly fine accepting having to look up into her face. ”Yeah, I have that, most of that,” Urie agreed with the nurse before adding offhandedly, ”I thought it was all symptoms of being in the presence of an Angel.” He was laying it on thick that was for sure, but he was no stranger to the flirting game.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
brynnah march
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 09:28 PM
job
healer
hunter's network
aff.
sammi
alias

+stethoscope urie!
Brynnah had dealt with her fair share of people who came into her triage unit and insisted that they were fine. In fact, most people were that way and frankly she wished they would just let her do her job. It was what she was here for, that was for sure. ”You know that isn’t what your skull is for, right?” she asked lightly, ”At that point I may as well write you a prescription for a helmet.” Brynnah knew that wasn’t necessarily feasible--though she could use her medical opinion to recommend an investment in one if he was going to put himself through enough head trauma to warrant it. However, his flinch did not go unnoticed by Brynnah, ”Did you need more numbing?” She paused enough to check to make sure she still had the syringe relatively handy while he elaborated on his story causing Brynnah to roll her eyes, ”Oh, I’m so sure, was it bingo night for the elderly as well?”

Brynnah finished up the stitches before moving to shuffle through the drawers to find where they had stashed giveaway scrub tops and the like, shooting him a look before pulling one out (as she was trying to estimate his size), ”There, that should be a bit better, maybe a little stiff.” His question caught her a bit off guard, as no one typically voluntarily returned to triage for something silly like that, though she supposed there was nothing technically wrong with it. ”I mean, you could, but there’s quite a few of us working in triage so…” Brynnah’s voice trailed off, a bit confused why he would insist that anyway, head tilting a bit before focusing more on the concussion protocol and symptoms. ”Uh-huh,” Brynnah muttered, ”Perhaps if that angel was actually named ‘Concussion’. Now, do you know what day it is?”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
urie miehm
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 05:06 AM
N/A
job
nandos manager
na
aff.
jess
alias

310 words for brynnah
”I don’t think I need more, it’s more. . . weird, than pain,” Urie said pausing for a moment and trying to find the exact word to describe the feeling of having the nurse stitching up his head. Chuckling when she mentioned the bingo night, missing the fact that she had rolled his eyes, Urie decided to just roll with it thinking that she might have been flirting back with him actually. ”Yeah for sure, they’re super disappointed I’m here instead of calling out bingo numbers,” Urie said with a grin on his face. He of course, did none of these things. It was just a really bad longboarding accident and the nurse was probably right he should probably invest in a helmet at some point or he might continue to get head injuries until one of them is eventually long lasting. When the nurse glanced back at him he flexed his muscles a bit and winked at her before accepting the scrub top that was being handed to him. He didn’t hesitate to peel off his own blood stained shirt, he wasn’t shy, and instead replace it with a new, very sterile smelling, scrub top.

”You mean its not like a restaurant, I can’t request to be placed in a certain nurses section,” Urie asked almost curiously now. He didn’t think he’d ever actually do that, but the idea of just showing up injured and being able to just request the specific nurse on account of she was pretty and did the best work was amusing to him. ”Wait, your name is concussion,” Urie asked looking at her with wide eyes before answering the questions she was asking. ”Yeah, it’s Wednesday,” Urie said swiftly not sure if it really was wednesday, but he thought that it was at least.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
brynnah march
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 06:39 PM
job
healer
hunter's network
aff.
sammi
alias

+stethoscope urie!
Brynnah wasn’t someone who typically had a bunch of incidents that resulted in stitches and the like. She was usually the one administering them, after all which didn’t leave a lot of room for her to get injured herself...Regardless, she could understand that it would feel weird to have someone stitching up your head, especially in a spot where you can kind of see it out of your peripheral vision. It was strange, she’d give him that. Regardless, Brynnah had hoped that he would drop the whole charade of whatever ridiculously unbelievable incident that had happened to bring him here so she could better advise what was going on, but oh no. Still on with the elderly. ”I’m sure they’ll understand--I don’t think it’s easy to scrub blood off of bingo cards if you would’ve bled out.”

Typically, Brynnah was great at determining that, yes these were patients of hers and that there was some sort of ethical dilemma of finding them attractive, and he was no different. It didn’t help that he flexed and winked at her, causing a blush to wash over her features as she found a proper scrub top for him. Did she mention he didn’t hesitate to strip his other shirt off too, causing her to take a sharp breath and stare very intently at the wall above his head because she was trying to be a very impartial and proper medic here, obviously. ”Not, really?” she answered, ”I mean, it’s more of a whoever is free first…” She’d never really had people request for her expertise before except for total (and known) creeps...but regardless. ”Close,” she promised, as if her name would really be that close to the word ‘concussion’, ”Brynnah.” Nothing like concussion. Not at all. ”And I’m going to recommend you get the next few days of rest, nothing crazy, plenty of sleep and water...over the counter pain meds should be fine, I don’t think there’s a fracture or anything, did you need me to write a note to be excused from work or did you have any other questions?”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
urie miehm
 Posted: Jun 24 2018, 11:52 PM
N/A
job
nandos manager
na
aff.
jess
alias

360 words for brynnah
Urie let out a chuckle at her statements. If she was irritated with him lying to her, rather awfully, about what had happened he couldn’t tell. He was so oblivious to a lot right now probably due to the head injury, but he just thought he was being his own charming self and she just wasn’t falling for it. It seemed like every inch he gave her she seemed to run ten back and it was a little off putting. When he removed his shirt and didn’t even get a peek from the good doc herself he knew that he was probably doomed and if he really liked this girl, there was nothing he was going to be able to do other then try a different plan if attack. ”I guess I’ll just have to make it up to them next time,” Urie said pretty sure he hadn’t of been injured enough to actually bleed out, but he was happy to see at least it wasn’t just him joking around now.

”Well that hardly seems fair, what if someone only trusted you as their nurse, then what would they do,” Urie said questioning the situation as if it was a genuinely bad decision to be making. He wasn’t really that concerned, he just wanted to know if it was physically possible for him to actually come in and request her and at what means it would require. If he couldn’t get her to like her by the end of one visit then he’d continue to come until she was ready to admit he was pretty great. ”Brynnah,” Urie repeated to see how the words felt on his tongue. ”I like it,” He decided not that his opinion mattered that much, but he did. ”No no, it’s fine, I know the boss,” Urie said knowing that he wouldn’t need a doctors note to give to himself for missing work. ”And is that it,” Urie said with a slight hint of sadness in his eyes.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
brynnah march
 Posted: Jun 27 2018, 03:51 PM
job
healer
hunter's network
aff.
sammi
alias

+stethoscope urie!
Regardless of any personal thoughts or feelings on the matter, Brynnah was required to maintain a professional front whenever she was working in the hospital, which was never too hard for her, though she sometimes did get flustered when people were blatantly trying to flirt with her. This was definitely one of the instances, and she took a deep breath and shrugged, ”I mean, I’m sure if someone asked for someone in particular...it could probably be made to happen…” her voice trailed off, ”Though I think that only works if they’re here…” Brynnah couldn’t imagine someone getting called in on their day off just due to a request within the emergency room--maybe if it was super busy, or they were on-call (which Brynnah typically was near the hospital if not sleeping in one of the on-call rooms when it was her turn to be on-call).

If anything, Brynnah felt her name was pretty standard--it wasn’t a bad name, but it wasn’t typically one associated with being well-liked, so the statement was a bit off-putting. Not in a bad way, of course, but just in the sort of unexpected way that Brynnah was going to heavily blame on the concussion he was absolutely sporting at that moment. That didn’t stop her from looking at him, blinking a few times in confusion that he didn’t need a doctor’s note because he ‘knew the boss’. Everyone knew their boss, or so it seemed to Brynnah, she was just sure that typical work places expected at least some sort of professional information on the matter (aka my doctor said I can’t work because of this), ”Right…” her voice trailed off, not even bothering hiding the perplexity in her voice, ”And you’re sure?” She wanted to double check before she sent him on his way. ”I mean, if you don’t need a doctor’s note or anything, it is. I don’t think most people want to hang out here all day,” she explained, ”Besides I’m sure there are more patients to attend to as well…”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.