» staff
» updates
19th -- vote for your favourites in the three year awards +here!

1st april -- check out this month's announcements +here!

» spotlights

Add Reply
New Poll

i want your midnights, lucian!
america cruz
 Posted: Jan 1 2018, 04:06 AM
has Rep: 12 pts
i'm headed straight for the castle they wanna make me their queen and there's an old man sitting on the throne that's saying that i probably shouldn't be so mean
job
barista
n/a
aff.
sammi
alias

America typically enjoyed to spend New Years alone, spending it writing music and watching the fireworks go off in London from wherever she felt was most suitable. She wanted to watch them from the London Eye sometime, but that would involve...well she didn’t feel comfortable doing something like that alone. It seemed like an activity to do with a significant other, at the very least and tacked it onto a list for the future. Instead, she opted to chill on one of the cruise boats that would take her along the Thames so she had a brilliant view of all the fireworks, her fancy journal in her lap with a pen and pencil in front of her to scribble out whatever words flowed to her.

Despite the numerous warnings that stated to keep hands, feet, and all other objects inside the boat (a safety precaution), most of the people around her were too drunk to notice her sitting with her legs dangling off the side of the boat, using the railing as a makeshift table to write with as she zoned out waiting for the sky to light up to ring in the new year. Snapping her out of her gaze, she was bumped into (either by someone drunk or someone got pushed into her), and as a result she practically chucked her pencil into the river, ”Hey, watch it!” she snapped, whipping her head around to glare at whoever it was, watching them feign an apology before looking around to see whoever else was around that she was going to end up hoping they don’t push her in the river either when her gaze fell on a familiar face who sure was annoying (as were his outfits), but regardless, ”Linton, what’re you doing here?” she inquired, ”Trying to blind us before the fireworks start?”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
lucian linton
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 01:29 AM
has Rep: 6 pts
n/a
job
music producer
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

'cause once you go without it nothing else will do

Of course Lucian wasn't just going to sit at home on New Year's Eve, he was quite happy to let his hair down (mostly figuratively) and and go and have a few drinks and watch the fireworks. He wasn't planning on drinking heavily, pretty exhausted from the holiday season anyway and aware he had to get back in the studio pretty much immediately after New Year's and he didn't really want to be in bad shape for that. One of his friends had suggested the boat, perhaps to avoid the crowds along the Thames, and he didn't blame them, they'd brought some wine with them and were mostly milling around the boat as it trundled along the Thames, chatting and waiting for the countdown. He'd not had much to drink, but a fair few people had, and all the moving around was just making it hard to navigate at points in the boat. Even on the way back from the toilet Lucian was squeezing through the crowd awkwardly, hoping he'd be able to find a decent spot to see the fireworks from.

He hadn't meant to trip, well, actually someone had elbowed him hard enough to take him by surprise, and as much as he was trying to avoid pushing anyone off the boat he did have a moment of panic as he nudged someone who was sat down. It took a moment to realise who it was, and naturally she looked mad at him, but he supposed he had just shoved her. "Ah, sorry," He said ruefully, hoping she wasn't going to hold this against him forever or something - he didn't put it past her. "No, I just wanted to match the fireworks," He returned, before looking around trying to work out what on earth she was doing. "You know, if you're trying to be a safety hazard you're doing a great job."

tag: wife! | outfit

--------------------
user posted image
set by rustyroses@shadowplay
PMEmail
^
america cruz
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 04:49 PM
i'm headed straight for the castle they wanna make me their queen and there's an old man sitting on the throne that's saying that i probably shouldn't be so mean
job
barista
n/a
aff.
sammi
alias

America found that most of the time she was just overall just annoyed with people. It wasn’t their fault, most of the time, but when they bumped into her and made her drop something? America was just glad it was something to write with and not her notebook or she would have had a full blown crying fit for sure, which would probably be frowned upon in the present company. Regardless, she tilted her head at him, rolling her eyes, ”Yeah, I should’ve expected as much,” she retorted, ”You’re doing a real solid job of it. Pretty sure I can go home, I’ve already seen all the fireworks I need to,” she murmured rather flatly, tone dripping with sarcasm. Of course, his outfits were borderline outrageously ridiculous, but America supposed that it was to each their own--after all she was surely on a plight to freeze to death with her own.

”How did you know? I’m trying to be the best safety hazard I can be, I’m so accomplished, I’ve met my 2017 resolution at last!” she mock cheered before pausing, ”What are you going to do about it--tell on me? I’ve got the best view here, don’t ruin it for me.” It was true--America didn’t have to worry about not being tall enough to see everything, or the inevitable fact that people would be throwing their phones up to take pictures of the fanfare. America was circumventing all of that from her spot here, and she had no intentions of moving. It was perfect for her to sit and write, but it was also perfect enough to be able to see the whole sky unobstructed. It wasn’t as if she was bothering anyone until that moment there, so she had thought she was in the clear. ”Besides, I think you’re the only person who has noticed me here--don’t be a prick to end 2017, it’s bad karma.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
lucian linton
 Posted: Feb 21 2018, 09:00 PM
n/a
job
music producer
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

Lucian knew to expect a certain level of disdain from America, he was pretty much okay with the fact she'd never like him at this point, he'd gotten her to work with him which was what mattered. Still, he couldn't help himself in a certain level of charming cheshire-cat smiles, part habit, part he hoped just his natural way of being. Still, he flashed her an easy one at the mention of his outfit. He was always quite pleased with what he wore, and being well known for wearing lots of bright ridiculous things, and New Years seemed to be the perfect sort of time to do that, he didn't see anything wrong with it. At the very least he was warmer than she looked. "I'm honoured, but I think you'll enjoy the real fireworks better," He pointed out to her, pretty certain he didn't match up to the fifteen minute display above the London Eye as much as he might want to do his best to try.

He raised his eyebrow in thinly veiled amusement. It didn't matter what he said to her she seemed to take offence, but he also felt like informing him her resolution was to be a safety hazard was something he couldn't pass up the opportunity to find funny. "I wasn't going to tell on you," He told her easily, figuring if she was going to get caught she would have by now, and besides, he wouldn't want to be the guy who ruined her view. "Am I being a prick if I ask to join you?" He asked, figuring he might as well also take advantage of this view. "Besides, if you're going to be a safety hazard my suit can act as a warning sign," He joked, giving her a chance to tell him no, of course, he partly expected her to, but he also figured he didn't mind spending some time with her.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
america cruz
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 06:10 AM
job
barista
n/a
aff.
sammi
alias

America couldn’t help her remarks, probably much like Lucian couldn’t help being seemingly smug all the time. It was annoying, and she was aware there were multiple ways to wipe that stupid grin off his face, but one of which would be considered violent assault, and she felt the other one was going to be frowned upon because she wasn’t sure if making out with him would be acceptable given their current level of sobriety. It was fine when they were drunk...or more fine. The thought made her blush and she was glad that they at least had the shroud of night to hide it. ”Yeah, I will,” she nodded, sticking her tongue out at him, ”Though if it makes you feel any better, not many things can top fireworks.” Those little explosions were enthralling and too enticing for her to peel her eyes away from most of the time, which is why she found it to be the best time to assess her emotions and perhaps get some song writing done simultaneously. Especially with the London Eye in the background. While most people would be trying to get the best Instagram shot, she would be too busy taking enough mental pictures to fill a scrapbook.

Her sarcasm was a defense, she knew that, but it definitely became more reassuring that Lucian wasn’t a total narc...not that America necessarily felt like he was, she just...expected the worst out of most people and preferred to be pleasantly surprised. Regardless she mumbled a quiet ‘thank you’ under her breath before turning her gaze to back over the water. America had assumed their conversation was going to be winding down anyway--he likely had other places and people to socialize with and she had...well to be pretty chilly and to wait. The fact that he was asking to join caused her gaze to snap back and look at him in surprise, ”No, you aren’t,” she murmured lightly before gesturing at the open space next to her, waiting for him to sit down as well before scooting a little closer to him, muttering about being cold under her breath as she did--which wasn’t a lie, she had been practically shivering and covered in goosebumps…”Are you sure you want to be hanging out with me to end your year? Or to start the next one?” It was an odd question, but she was under the impression she wasn’t exactly pleasant to be around...and he probably also came with other people who would be expecting him. It was more awkward for America as her mind flashed back to Halloween, especially since New Years countdowns usually ended with a kiss, which was a supremely flustering thought for her.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
lucian linton
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 12:01 AM
n/a
job
music producer
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

Lucian was at the very least not particularly offended that she was more excited by the fireworks than she was his suit, because as perfect as he was certain he looked for the night, he wasn't entirely sure many people cared. "If it makes you feel better I wasn't looking to top them," Lucian promised her with a light laugh, pretty certain it'd be impressive if people were watching him more than ten minutes of a lights show. Still, he liked his outfit and he felt very on theme, which generally was what he was attempting with these outlandish outfits, they weren't so much to stand out as they were to make him feel part of what was going on. He didn't ever really care who did and didn't look at him, usually it was his own opinion of himself that mattered most.

He supposed the fact that she was allowing him to sit there was a good sign for their relationship - their business one, of course, he was definitely being very professional - and he hoped a sign that she didn't completely hate him. "I'm glad, sometimes it's hard to tell," He joked easily, mostly a comment on America's standards more than his own when it came to being an idiot - he usually knew that he was one. He frowned at her question, wondering why it even was a question, perhaps she thought he had someone more important to spend it with but the truth was he didn't particularly have anyone he cared about that much, sure he liked plenty of people, but he wasn't exactly best friends with anyone. "Nah, you'll do," He told her with a grin, sure she would love his tone, but he couldn't help enjoy irritating her more than anything else.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
america cruz
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 05:38 PM
job
barista
n/a
aff.
sammi
alias

America laughed, it was somewhat a foreign sound given their circumstances and she spent most of her time being frustrated and angry with him and what he stood for…”Well it sure looks like you were making an effort to,” she joked lightly before tilting her lines of sight back towards over the water. It was at least very peaceful seeming, which was nice if you asked America. It didn’t matter what the people behind them were doing, they were just background noise and it was unlikely anyone was going to ruin that for her unless they opted to push her into the Thames...which would be more infuriating than anything else. And cold. She supposed it was getting closer to midnight judging by how more people were lining up closer to the edge of the boat (probably for a better view, to which America was going to laugh at them because she had the best view there was, clearly!)

”People can be quite enigmatic,” she mumbled quietly. It wasn’t necessarily a bad thing, if anything it was weird for the two of them to get on so well...especially on her end. Maybe it was the nostalgia of her favorite holiday, or maybe just maybe he wasn’t nearly as awful as she had come to expect out of people within the music industry. It was weird, she’d admit to that that was for sure, but before she would allow her mind to dwell too much on those sorts of tricky details...America opted to roll her eyes rather dramatically at Lucian’s next comments, ”Wow,” she murmured, sarcasm heavy in her tone, ”You really know how to make a girl feel special, don’t you? I’m a delight, how dare you.” Her tone may have seemed much more serious or annoyed, but the smile that splayed across her face betrayed any indication of seriousness on that.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.