» staff
» updates
20th february -- save your characters in this month's activity check +here!

18th february -- supernatural sign ups are now open +here!

» spotlights

Add Reply
New Poll

it's loving with a little twist, duncan!
angel darling
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 12:18 AM
has Rep: 27 pts
I don't even know Why they fall like dominoes Oh my gosh, I did it again He said I broke his heart, it keeps happening I don't know why they always fall for me
job
bouncer
daniel's pack
aff.
hannah
alias

'Cause I know you got a bad reputation

Angel was starting to wonder if she had a sign on her back that said she flirted with people exclusively in galleries, but she had decided it wasn't best to mention this to her date, who seemed charming enough even if his choice of venue was rather funny to her. She was very good at pretending she took paintings incredibly seriously, though, mostly sure she was here for one thing and one thing only, and the fact that she was on her best behaviour for the earlier part of the date meant nothing in the long run. Still, she appreciated the fact that they were in a public place, it meant she got away with dragging her dates to sordid corners and making them discover an enjoyment of public indecency.

She eyed up yet another portrait of Jesus, whoever put this gallery together had an alarming perception of the classics and their horrifying religious overtones, before turning her attention to Duncan, thinking it was only polite to pretend to get to know him before she got bored enough (and more importantly whilst she was still looking for the appropriate dark corner). "So, tell me about the reviewing business?" She asked him sweetly, thinking that was a safe topic where she could nod vacantly and pretend as though she actually cared - unless she was going to get some dirt out of him on restaurants in the area she doubted she was going to be thrilled by it, but it was fine, she could pretend.

tag: duncan | outfit

--------------------
here comes a hurricane, trouble is her middle name
user posted image
sig by my beautiful fave heartfelt@tda
PMEmail
^
duncan laird
 Posted: Jun 26 2017, 11:26 PM
has Rep: 21 pts
You make me happy, whether you know it or not We should be happy, that's what I said from the start I am so happy Knowin' you are the one that I want for the rest of my days For the rest of my days, yo all of my days
job
food critique
civilian
aff.
jess
alias

Duncan wasn’t entirely sure what had possessed him to find a date, but now that he was out on it he found it rather enjoyable. There was something about being in the company of a girl that wasn’t completely insane, painting his nails, or trying to murder him with frying pans that made the evening enjoyable. He had feelings right now, feelings towards certain people in his life that he couldn’t deny but he was now further convinced that they were never going anywhere and like his grandma continued to say to him, he wasn’t getting any younger. Wanting to go out with a pretty woman and actually enjoy her company more than in the lustful manner was something he as an adult deserved so when he met Angel he figured why not? There was no rules anywhere between whatever he and Lizzie had going on stating that he wouldn’t be able to go out on a date if he need a little emotional and intellectual company for once. Duncan had an odd respect for art, something he picked up on after years of being friends with Lucy, and that was why he was sort of enjoying himself at the gallery. If anything he thought it would be a nice place to roam around and talk.

Duncan looked over in surprise when asked about his work, it wasn’t something he often got to talk about other than having to defend his findings and exploring a bit about what he did with the reviewing from a non judgemental vision was something he had to think about for a second before speaking up. ”It’s slow,” Duncan said deciding that was a good term to use. Other than the odds and ends right now in London for new restaurants popping up he spent most of his time false reviewing Lizzie’s cooking because he couldn’t just cave and admit that she was an amazing cook. ”I lot of good food you know, some excellent food and just as much terrible food as there is good food,” Duncan said having tried everything from the newest fish and chips tourist shop down by the thames all the way to the top reserved restaurants in London, but it was slow. ”If i can be honest, I got to say I am missing a bit of the chef life myself, reviewing was supposed to be retirement, but i think I settled to early,” Duncan said with the small startings of a frown tugging at his lips.
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
wonderful set by wildest dreams @ the-dark-arts.net
PM
^
angel darling
 Posted: Jul 9 2017, 10:48 PM
I don't even know Why they fall like dominoes Oh my gosh, I did it again He said I broke his heart, it keeps happening I don't know why they always fall for me
job
bouncer
daniel's pack
aff.
hannah
alias

Angel was rather pro at smiling politely and pretending she cared, even if her eyes were wandering elsewhere and boredom was setting in. She had decided to give Duncan a chance to take her on a date, and fortunately, she was in a good enough mood to humour him. She raised her eyebrow at the first word he could think of being 'slow', to her that sounded the opposite of fun, after all, what was the point of doing something if you didn't get to have fun doing. She decided it was best to nod sympathetically instead, she didn't have much knowledge of restaurant reviewing, after all, she didn't tend to look at the places she was taken to, presuming she dated people with enough good taste to take her somewhere nice. "I can't believe you're retired," She said with an amused giggle, "It sounds like such an old man thing, are you old, Duncan?" Angel teased easily with a sweet smile, finding this more fun to comment on than whether he'd had good or bad food or not.

Still, she was nothing if not attentive to the fact they were talking about him as they wandered through the paintings. She liked the quiet of the gallery in the few rooms that tourists had left alone, but only because it meant that she got to stand too close to her date and look around for those sordid corners she had yet to find appropriately. "Are you working on anything at the moment?" She asked, in an effort to distract him from the fact she was so distracted, and sure that he loved talking about himself, probably and much preferring it to talking about herself where she had to exercise her talent of saying a lot but having it say nothing at all.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
duncan laird
 Posted: Jul 31 2017, 11:02 PM
You make me happy, whether you know it or not We should be happy, that's what I said from the start I am so happy Knowin' you are the one that I want for the rest of my days For the rest of my days, yo all of my days
job
food critique
civilian
aff.
jess
alias

Duncan hadn't been on a date in a very long time, he'd mostly been spending his time running circles around Lizzie and hoping she'd come around. At this point though he was ready to give up and move on, while now he was slowly realizing that somehow between all the fighting and making out he caught an awful case of the feelings. Through this whole thing he was determined to pick up and move on since she would never feel the same about him. This was his first step in the right direction, but he didn't even know the first thing about trying to impress someone anymore, he was at an art gallery for gods sake. He was almost happy to say there was an innuendo coming from Angel that will help get his mind off of Lizzie. "I like to think of it more as experienced," Duncan said equally as lewd.

Duncan walked a few more feet in stride walking and pausing at the next piece of art on the wall, he glanced up at it for a few minutes before turning back to angel wanting people to at least think they were interested in being here. They weren't really, but he was okay with completely turning his attention to Angel instead. "Nothing really important or anything, just this annoying chef who won't take no for an answer is all," Duncan said shrugging and shooting one of his million dollar smiles in Angel's direction.
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
angel darling
 Posted: Aug 8 2017, 11:37 PM
job
bouncer
daniel's pack
aff.
hannah
alias

Angel bit her lip, deciding she liked the sound of experienced, and giggled girlishly. Of course, she was queen of lewd remarks, so never minded when men directed them at her, she thought it was really quite cute when they thought they could out do her. Not that she tended to make it too obvious until she needed to, at least because some guys liked the innocent thing she could pull off quite well - they wanted Angel the actual Angel - and she was half allowing Duncan that side of her. "Oh, I'd like to know more about this experience," She said sweetly, batting her eyelashes at him suggestively, sure that it did help he was a few years older than her, she did always prefer to date someone who at least could keep up with her.

At the mention of an annoying chef, Angel raised an eyebrow and looked amused. "No for an answer?" She questioned, sure that there wasn't much room for saying no in the critiquing business. Even so, she found this rather amusing. "Is he, perhaps, just very in denial?" She asked, assuming this chef was a man without thinking much about it, but not taking into account that anyone would want to keep Duncan's handsome face around even if it meant having their cooking ridiculed relentlessly by him. She, if anything, felt rather sorry for the chef - well, for about a minute before she stopped caring.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
duncan laird
 Posted: Aug 24 2017, 03:12 PM
job
food critique
civilian
aff.
jess
alias

Duncan watched Angel from the corner of his eye. The gallery had been a safe location he thought to go with someone. It was public, they could talk and worst case if things went south so quickly they could actually talk about the art until it made sense for them to part separate ways and realize it wasn’t going to work. Duncan thought things were going pretty well right now. They were off the subject of art, off the subject of his work now and visiting the type of conversations that Duncan liked having. Throwing around the idea of words not being a thing they needed any longer. ”I think we can arrange that,” Duncan said with a smirk on his face wrapping his arm around the waste of his date. Clearly he wanted to find out that he was one hundred percent over Lizzie, and moving directly on was going to help him with that he thought. He couldn’t keep going back to her when he wasn’t getting anything other than blue balls and a severe headache.

Duncan just sighed a bit shaking his head. He stuck close with angel though he could feel the blood in his veins starting to boil just thinking about Lizzie. Whether this was from rage, or other feelings he honestly didn’t know and instead wanted to focus on the rage he felt towards her than any other option he needed to think of. ”She actually,” Duncan said almost through cringed teeth. It would be obvious to anyone who was just listening to him about her that there was severe problems. There was a look of longing in his eye and one of annoyance on his face both being completely misleading and one that made utter sense of knowing the pair of them. ”She’s got me giving her three and four and five do overs and each time she’s getting better, but her attitude gets worse and what kind of critic would I be if I just caved and gave her a good review, I’d never hear the end of it,” Duncan said while Lizzie definitely made huge strides in her performance since meeting, probably since he’d continually been telling her how awful it is, he didn’t even know how to to dig himself out of this hole at this point. Duncan thrived on being around her now and he wasn’t sure he could just write a good review and then watch as she walks away happy, with better business than ever and not a second thought his way ever again. Duncan wasn’t sure he could bear that at this point. Seeing her first once, then multiple times a week now for reviews, bickering and make outs had become so natural to him and wasn’t sure that he knew how to tell her she was amazing in more ways than just the new ways she’d been able to cook.
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
angel darling
 Posted: Oct 1 2017, 12:14 AM
job
bouncer
daniel's pack
aff.
hannah
alias

Angel was glad that for a date Duncan was very much on her line of thinking, and she only smirked for a moment. She was sure she'd get what she wanted out of him, and as usually she hardly stuck around for too long she didn't see much point being subtle about that. Love them and leave them if they weren't going to be useful to you, after all. Still, she didn't want to get him too excited before they had somewhere to go, so she smirked, paying more attention to what he was saying about his chef. Raising an eyebrow at the news it was a woman she realised this put a whole different spin on the situation, and suddenly she was smirking for a whole different reason. "My mistake," She said smoothly, raising her eyebrow at him.

Listening to his apparent problem Angel couldn't help but be amused. It sounded to her as though there was a perfectly reasonable way to stop this, after all, if he gave into a lady's demands that easily he was going to get into some trouble. "Sounds to me as though you like giving her bad reviews," Angel pointed out with a knowing smile, wondering if it was going to be more fun to make fun of him than flirt with him, after all, she did love a bit of fragile male ego to play with. "After all, I'm sure you wouldn't have to see her if you gave her a good review." It seemed rather simple to her, but she didn't care about fixing his problems, only laughing at his reaction, perhaps pushing his buttons a little bit.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
duncan laird
 Posted: Nov 2 2017, 01:54 PM
job
food critique
civilian
aff.
jess
alias

Duncan had been glad he met Angel, seemed like just what he needed to get his mind off of work, and those he had to work with. Even if it was just going to be something for the night, or for a little while, Duncan was glad to be with Angel. For a moment he saw the smirk change, it wasn’t the same playful one it was moments ago, instead she gave him a look he was pretty sure he had seen from Lucy one or two times when talking about Lizzie as well. He didn’t like it. Duncan decided that he was just going to brush it off for sake of salvaging his evening. Though as Angel continued the subject he couldn’t help but feel his neck go warm beneath his collar as she spoke about how he was acting. It was all pretty accurate of course, but even Duncan was denial of his own feelings to himself half the time still, let alone was he going to admit them to somebody that he had taken on a date and was flirting with just minutes ago.

”I don’t like anything about her,” Duncan retorted to Angel accusing him of liking to give bad reviews. ”Trust me, there is no reason I should be subjected to have to continue to eat her cuisine,” Duncan said before feeling completely flabbergasted at the idea of not seeing her anymore. It had become such a regular occurrence for Duncan that’s he’s changed ‘revours review’ in his planner into saying just ‘Lizzie’. Duncan couldn’t tell you when it had made the change, but he knew that it had as he just recently noticed it. ”I could, but that would just mean she’s won. I don’t just give clients good reviews because they annoy one out of me, it’s bad for business if I just give her a good review,” Duncan said hautly justifying his actions to Angel. He didn’t know why he felt suddenly so self conscious, like he had to defend the reasons why he kept going back to Lizzie instead of just mentioning that he liked her, that he liked being around her, that the way her ears twitched when she was angry made him feel a rush of heat pass over his heart. ”She’s just got such a child’s attitude and needs more experience is all,” Duncan said with a shrug.
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
angel darling
 Posted: Dec 29 2017, 12:42 AM
job
bouncer
daniel's pack
aff.
hannah
alias

Angel nodded very slowly, happily watching him with a sly smile. She'd heard men talk about girls like this before, she knew well enough what it meant, and she thought it was hilarious. It frankly, as she didn't really need to sleep with him if she didn't want to, might be more fun to just tease him about this for the rest of the night. "Oh you don't like anything?" She asked, very sweetly like she might not quite believe him. "Are you sure? She can't be all horrible?" Angel batted her eyes at him very innocently, hoping he wouldn't catch on she was making fun, mostly just trying to see how much he really wanted to have sex with this woman.

"Oh, of course, that would mean she won," Angel humoured, nodding slowly as though this was the logic completely of a sane person, when in fact, it just sounded very funny to her. "Well, maybe you should help her, you know?" Angel offered, shrugging a little, "Maybe she needs someone to show her, make her more of a woman," Angel winked at him, giggling to herself at the implication, quite sure if he hadn't realised she was laughing at him before then he would now.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
duncan laird
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 08:01 PM
job
food critique
civilian
aff.
jess
alias

Duncan was so caught up in this emotional feud and confusion between he and lizzie that he didn’t even realize his date, that was meant to take his mind off of her, was suddenly turning into all about her. He was having a hard time understanding how somebody so tiny and so infuriating was somehow controlling his life in ways that he didn’t ask for. At this point in the conversation with Angel he was so heated that he didn’t even realize that the conversation had entirely turned away from where he wanted it to be. ”No, nothing,” Duncan said feeling his ears burning at the lies that were spewing from his mouth. It was a bad habit of his, his grandmother said it was how she always knew he wasn’t telling the truth about things. It would be a horrible thing clearly if anybody other than the inner musings of his head knew that he actually liked being around Lizzie, that he found a lot of things enjoyable about her. It was to little to late, he was already so far down the rabbit hole of loathing to claw his way out, he was in this hatred for the long haul now despite the fact that every day he isn’t with her he subconsciously can't wait for the next time that he sees her.

Duncan nodded for a moment regarding how bad of an idea giving Lizzie a cooking lesson could be. ”I’m pretty sure if I put a knife in her hand that I would end up being stabbed,” Duncan said a little bit of terror flashing before his eyes. He was pretty sure that he would be a horrid teacher when it came to Lizzie, of course he had mentored and taught easily enough in the past, but it was different with Lizzie, neither of them would have the open mindedness or patience to handle a thing like that. After a moment it sunk in what angel was really talking about and his neck and cheeks burned as bright as his ears had just done a minute ago. He didn’t understand the sudden embarrassment, he’d never shied away from girls in the past, ti never had come so difficult for him to get one in bed for him either. Lizzie was different, she was a tease and while he hated everything about it he continued to go back for more torture. ”I’m the last person on this entire planet that she would want to teach her that,” Duncan said bitterly his mind flashing back to all the
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
angel darling
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 09:37 PM
job
bouncer
daniel's pack
aff.
hannah
alias

Angel supposed that for a moment she could feel sorry for Duncan, but frankly, the fact he liked this girl and was on a date with her was just hilarious and a tiny bit pathetic. This generally boded well for Angel who could have her cake and eat it too, after all, the guy was clearly very frustrated and needed someone to help him, it just so happened that technically she wasn't the someone he wanted. "You might enjoy that, you never know," Angel said with a light shrug, fairly certain that girls who stabbed boys they liked probably liked them more than they let on - of course, this was only in Angel's experience. Still, she was going to get tired of making fun of him rather quickly, and she realised this equally as quickly.

"Aw, so sad," Angel said, squeezing his cheek in some form of pity, he clearly wasn't getting what he wanted out of this girl. "Why don't we go somewhere else and cheer you up?" She suggested, not sure he would go for it, but clearly he wasn't going to get what he wanted out of this other girl, and she was right there. "Besides, I'm bored of art," She added with great amusement, having barely paid attention to it in quite a while now, and she was entirely sure they could leave whenever he was ready to, if that meant the date getting towards its end a bit faster then she wasn't complaining.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.