» staff
» updates
19th -- vote for your favourites in the three year awards +here!

1st april -- check out this month's announcements +here!

» spotlights

Add Reply
New Poll

make it last forever, friendship never ends., fae!
aaron oakley
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 10:25 PM
has Rep: 5 pts
The papers say "won't you come back home?" Cause everybody knows you don't Want to give yourself up then tell the truth And God will save you
job
gym instructor
hunters network
aff.
jade
alias

this planet's ours to defend
Aaron knew it was Valentine’s Day and all but that sort of played second fiddle to the fact that he and Fae had a job to do and he had no girlfriend to spoil on the holiday anyway (if he had, he wasn’t quite sure how he would have navigated this, what with also having a wife). He and Fae had to be seen in public being a functional couple anyway, so that was fine, and they had booked a rather generically normal restaurant, and been sat in a booth, which was good because conversation had easily turned to work. They’d moved a little closer so that they wouldn’t be overheard and, at some point, Aaron had stretched his arm around the back of the booth, inadvertently taking up some of Fae’s personal space- he had asked though, but he hadn’t enjoyed being too cramped there. Really, he thought they looked fine, very appropriately couple-like, even if the conversation was decidedly not romantic in the slightest.

“I think you’re the right. The count is hiding something but I don’t think it’s related to our stuff,” he admitted, feeling almost sad that they couldn’t do a side-investigation into the count in question but they didn’t really have the time or resources to do so, because they couldn’t be sure it was a magical mishap. “I just got hopeful when I saw him with Ellison,” he explained, thinking of one of their prime suspects at least, but then turning back to the slice of chocolate cake that sat between them. Yes, okay, this was work, but if work involved chocolate cake, he wasn’t going to argue. “This is really good too, why do we only get one?” he queried, wondering if after such a great meal, it was just decided that people only got one slice of cake to share – a little harsh, if you asked him.

fae / clothes /

--------------------
drop like a bullet shell, dress like a sleeper cell
user posted image
PMEmail
^
fae black
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 12:21 AM
has Rep: 6 pts
N/A
job
photographer
hunter's network
aff.
hannah
alias

Trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat

Fae hadn't been opposed to the fact they were going out to dinner that night. Sure it was Valentine's Day, but she wasn't exactly celebrating personally, and she was going to spend the night with Aaron anyway as neither of them had dates so it just made sense that they improve on their fake marriage and also get to discussing some strategy not in their hotel room. She hadn't minded that they'd ended up remarkably close in the booth, it wasn't like she didn't know Aaron very well, and they were meant to look as though they were on a date. She didn't even really find herself that opposed to being close to him, at least in the sense that it was comfortable enough for her and meant they could talk a little more covertly than if they were sat across from each other at a proper table.

"Are you sure? I guess there's no point worrying about him if he's hiding things that aren't relevant," Fae allowed, frowning as she decided that she didn't much like having a loose end, but there wasn't much point investigating someone that was irrelevant just to eliminate them. "Yeah, well everything he does it shady," Fae allowed, wrinkling her nose slightly, deciding it would be nice if their suspects just stuck to one shady thing so they didn't have to keep getting off track. She took a delicate forkful of the cake herself, and did look slightly rueful they didn't get two. "I guess most people can't manage one each after a big meal," She reasoned, wondering if they could just get cake to go, or perhaps pick up some tescos cake on the way home.

tag: aaron! | outfit

--------------------
user posted image
perfect beauty by heartfelt@tda
PMEmail
^
aaron oakley
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 09:36 PM
The papers say "won't you come back home?" Cause everybody knows you don't Want to give yourself up then tell the truth And God will save you
job
gym instructor
hunters network
aff.
jade
alias

Aaron really did wish that, like their fake marriage, the investigation would run more smoothly. In a way, he was used to shorter missions that might still have larger goals but were very cut-and-dry cases that he and Fae handled efficiently because they were good at that, which wasn’t to say they couldn’t deal with this case, but the combination of a weird form of subtlety, the disguises they had to keep, and the newfound company meant that it wasn’t as easy to just throw themselves into den of vampires after scouting the place out for a few weeks first. Nevertheless, he was determined, because he refused to go back to the Network and say that someone else had to take over just because, for example, neither of them were magical but were trying to get scouted by witches.

“Maybe we should start hanging out at that place he does, the bar. Annabelle?” he tried, unsure if he was remembering the right name, but sure that it was a lady’s name for reasons he didn’t fully understand but was sure the owner had some specific reason for. All he cared about was case progression and, also, this cake, just a little bit. “I’m sorry?” he questioned her, as though this had been Fae’s personal opinion and he had never been so offended in his life. “I don’t think they’ve met us, and I will eat four of these cakes,” he told her, pretty sure he would if he could, although he might regret it later if he did – but it would have been the principle of the matter!

fae / clothes /

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
fae black
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 01:41 AM
has Rep: 6 pts
N/A
job
photographer
hunter's network
aff.
hannah
alias

Trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat

Fae chewed on her lip, because sure they were on a so-called date, but this was also work and she wanted to concentrate and make sure that they ddi a good job. Even if doing a good job meant strategizing with his arm around her, and mentally cursing the rudeness of shady people. Aaron's idea of hanging out at the Annabelle, though did have some merit and she considered it quite seriously. "I think that might be a good idea, it's known for having a presence of witches too, so we might get more than just him," Fae said thoughtfully, glancing up at him, only to remember he was very close and she should probably take that into account when looking over at him. "Plus it would be good to be seen together around that crowd," She added, although they'd have to act rich specifically as well, which was always a fun nuance to try and achieve in their fake marriage.

Fae should have known that speaking so vaguely would only have him horrified, and really he shouldn't take it so personally but she did understand the need for extra cake at least. "Yes, when I said most people I didn't include us," She pointed out with a slight shake of her head, sure that he was being dramatic about the cake situation. Always the slightly more serious of the two, she saw several solutions to this. "If you're so horrified ask for another cake, but I don't know how we eat two cakes romantically, unless we share both," Fae pointed out, feeling as though logistically this was a lot, being a couple was very hard, she'd clearly not been in a relationship in a while to remember this.

tag: aaron! | outfit

--------------------
user posted image
perfect beauty by heartfelt@tda
PMEmail
^
aaron oakley
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 09:03 PM
job
gym instructor
hunters network
aff.
jade
alias

Aaron didn’t mind that they might need to spend more time in bars that weren’t his usual sort of haunt, if it was for the good of the case. He did recognise that there would expenses with it, because, for example, he couldn’t just order the second-cheapest alcohol on the menu, but they had known this going into this, and it would be worth it if they solved everything. “Yeah, we really need to get scouted,” he agreed, finding it rather rude that they couldn’t just sign an application form but needed to show prowess for this cult but, at the same time, didn’t quite know what was expected of them. The best they could do was keep turning up where needed and hoping that the right people were talking about them in return. “Alright, we’ll schedule in some time to go shopping. we can’t wear the same thing twice,” he sighed, sure that this would be a rich people priority, right?

“I can’t help it if we burn a lot of calories,” he decided, which was often true of how much they ate and worked out, but they weren’t really allowed to talk about how hard they worked to stay in shape. People might ask why they needed strict exercise regimes, for example. “It’s alright, I’ll survive,” he sighed tragically, looking over the cake and the few bites it offered, trying to work out how to split this cake in half fairly between them. “We can always come back,” he added, sure that there might be a relevant celebration in the future, like a birthday they needed to celebrate, for example. It wasn’t hard for him to remember that they were meant to be a couple, but it did mean that sometimes he wanted to do things on his own but other people wouldn’t expect that of them- even though he knew Fae wouldn’t care, wife or not, if he wanted extra cake.

fae / clothes /

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.