» staff
» updates
22nd june -- save your characters by posting in activity check +here!

» spotlights

Add Reply
New Poll

skydive, you and i, with just these clothes, duncan!
elizabeth harding
 Posted: Feb 16 2017, 01:20 AM
has Rep: 14 pts
Don't let the curtain catch you, cause you've been here before, The chair is an island darling, you can't touch the floor, And oh my love remind me, what was it that I said? I can't help but pull the earth around me, to make my bed And oh my love remind me, what was it that I did?
job
chef
hunter's network
aff.
hannah
alias

THERE'S NO QUESTION, SHE'S NOT IN A DISGUISE

Valentine’s at the restaurant was just ever so slightly a tiny little bit stressful. She wouldn’t admit that to anyone because she was the infallible Lizzie who never got flustered by anything and was the best at all things. As it turned out, fifty heart shaped deserts were starting to get to her. She was determined not to be defeated, though, she had a lot to do but with hard work and no distractions she would absolutely manage it! Of course, it didn’t help that she knew the boss was in, and nice as she was, Lizzie still didn’t exactly want to seem incompetent in front of her, she was all magical and stuff she could probably smite her if she made a fondant wrong. She peered out of the hatch in the kitchen door that gave some sort of view towards the customers, trying to work out if Esme was still around when she saw who she was talking to. Her cheeks went red, an automatic irritated expression spread over her face and she folded her arms. He hadn’t warned her he was reviewing her that night of all nights, how dare he. Scowling to herself, Lizzie asked to be switched back to the meals letting someone else take over the desserts, wanting to be ready for whatever he decided to order so she could stick it in his face.

Shoving pots and pans around aggressively she started to mutter to herself, mostly about him, mostly about how good she was, a little bit about how stupid his face was – she still remembered the whole talking to his grandma thing, and she really didn’t know how to be after all of that happened. After all, she had thrown a drink at him, met his grandma and then stared at him a lot, it had been a weird night. So deep in thought, Lizzie didn’t hear the kitchen door open at all, didn’t see him come in and certainly didn’t see him head towards her until he was too close for her to escape into the freezer and lock herself there until he went away. Briefly she wondered if she could lock him in the freezer, but that seemed too much like attempted murder. She tried to ignore him, but despite being well aware he was there she jumped out of her skin when he came close, several empty pans littering to the floor. ”Now look what you did,” Lizzie said sharply, bending down to pick them up, putting most down but keeping a frying pan to aggressively point at him. ”What are you doing here?” she asked suspiciously, ”Who said you could come back here, I will kick you out.” Despite her warning, she had a vague idea who had let him come back into the kitchen, she just couldn’t work out why.

tag: duncan <3 | chefs outfit!

--------------------
user posted image
perf set by the bae heartfelt@tda
PMEmail
^
duncan laird
 Posted: Mar 17 2017, 07:19 PM
has Rep: 13 pts
You make me happy, whether you know it or not We should be happy, that's what I said from the start I am so happy Knowin' you are the one that I want for the rest of my days For the rest of my days, yo all of my days
job
food critique
civilian
aff.
jess
alias

Bu-but don’t believe a word It’s just us against the world And we just gotta turn to be heard I hear the crocodiles ticking ’round the world I hear those crocodiles ticking, they go ticking ’round the world
tags: lucy

notes: booty calls, pain brushes and pancakes.

outfit: this is all that matters

ϟ mei
Duncan didn’t know what possessed him to go to Reveours that evening, it was valentine's day of all days to go to a fancy restaurant this was not the day, but here he was walking in like he owned the place. He felt like he might as well have a reserved desk at this point already because of how much he was there reviewing Lizzie’s food. The food had started to grow on him already, but the idea of not getting watching her get frustrated and frazzled like Halloween made Duncan a little sad on the inside. Naturally he decided that the best thing to do was to go to a chef’s worst nightmare and see how much more frazzled he could make her. Slumping into the restaurant’s main area he noticed that it was packed with people and couldn’t imagine what it would be like to actually still be in the industry at this level, he’d spent plenty of time getting his money squared away that he was basically retired at this point and still enjoyed cooking as a hobby. In the lobby of the restaurant he ran into the owner, Esme, and decided he’d strike up a conversation with her, it never hurt, and she was attractive.

The longer the conversation with Esme went the more he realized she was weird, and she for some strange reason thought he had weird feelings for Lizzie that were more than animosity. He glanced over his shoulder in the kitchens general direction with a frown on his face, there was no way that he actually felt something for Lizzie, he would know of all people. He knew that he had a weird soft spot for her, when she was around him ruining it, but that didn’t mean that he actually liked her. Eventually, with much berating he was scooted along and told to take her flowers into the kitchen, he didn’t think it was a good idea, at all, but Esme insisted so he went with it just to not anger the witch. He walked around for a few moments maneuvering and glancing at the way the kitchen was being run, he isn’t going to lie he was very impressed on the way that she was running things in the kitchen, but he wouldn’t admit that to her. Instead he walked over leaning on the counter next to her letting the flowers hang loosely in his hands at his side as he watched the pots and pans fall to the ground. For a moment he was a little terrified as she wielded a heavy metal pan in her direction blaming him for doing nothing but standing there. ”Whoa, don’t blame me for the fact that you get flustered just in my presence,” Duncan said with a smirk on his face. He liked thinking that Lizzie couldn’t keep a handle on her emotions around him, it made him feel like he had the upper hand in their feud.
GOT ONE EYE ON THE ROAD AND ONE ON YOU

--------------------
user posted image
wonderful set by wildest dreams @ the-dark-arts.net
PM
^
elizabeth harding
 Posted: May 15 2017, 02:23 AM
Don't let the curtain catch you, cause you've been here before, The chair is an island darling, you can't touch the floor, And oh my love remind me, what was it that I said? I can't help but pull the earth around me, to make my bed And oh my love remind me, what was it that I did?
job
chef
hunter's network
aff.
hannah
alias

Lizzie didn’t really know why Duncan was there, but she presumed it had something to do with her – the flowers confused her, but she was too busy trying to avoid hitting him with a frying pan to register them properly. She slowly put the pan down on the counter, deciding it was dangerous for both of them, after all, she had already contemplated his murder once that night, she didn’t want to carry it out by accident. See, this was the problem with Duncan, he looked alright and then he opened his mouth and pure stupidity came out, and Lizzie immediately felt her temper rising. Fortunately, this time she had something to throw in his face, and remembering that was just enough to slowly calm her down. ”I’m not flustered, I was surprised,” She told him pointedly, folding her arms and keeping a cool expression as she looked at him.

”So, what do you want? If it’s to review me, there’s no need, I have fans who disagree with you, so I know I’m right, you don’t need to write a new one,” Lizzie told him, still proud of that night, it had been something of a perfect Christmas present to receive, and whilst it was anonymous, she was pretty sure it was most truthful thing she had ever read, and definitely an opinion she trusted more than Duncan, who clearly didn’t know anything about food. Then, of course, her gaze vaguely drifted back to the flowers and she raised her eyebrows, somehow annoyed by them. ”Or are you on a date? Who’s the poor woman?” She asked, strangely more annoyed by the fact he thought he could come back into the kitchen just because he had some date he wanted to impress, she both hated the woman and felt sorry for her, it was an incredibly strange emotion to have, and it was showing on her face as she stopped meeting his eyes in the hope of getting rid of it.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
duncan laird
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 05:10 PM
You make me happy, whether you know it or not We should be happy, that's what I said from the start I am so happy Knowin' you are the one that I want for the rest of my days For the rest of my days, yo all of my days
job
food critique
civilian
aff.
jess
alias

Duncan was almost amused being in the kitchen at a restaurant that wasn’t his. For once he didn’t have to run around and scold idiots for ruining his own signature dishes, he got to watch. He had wanted to silently observe Lizzie from a distance for a moment, something had made him want to see how she worked under pressure, but he had ruined that by being spotted so early. Hands still in the air feigning innocent when she had a frying pan in her hand he slowly lowered them as he watched her setting it down, the last thing he wanted was to get his pretty face smashed in by Taz the tasmanian devil with a frying pan. ”Surprised, flustered, same thing,” Duncan said picking up a whole tomato and tossing it in the air and catching it again like a baseball. He leaned against a counter casually as he continued to do that with a look of mock sincerity on his face while he listened to her speaking about her ‘fans’. Duncan knew what she was speaking about, but he wasn’t exactly keen on letting on that it was him that went out of his way to do something nice for her for the holidays so he let her have her moment for the time being. If he were being honest he had technically found actual nice reviews about her from different people, but ultimately he ended up writing her an anonymous nice letter and he could never be found out.

”Ohhh fans, I see! Well in that case, autograph my tomato Lizzie, wouldn’t want to let it slip past your fans that I met the ever famous Elizabeth Harding,” Duncan said mocking her sarcastically. A truly nice person would just let her have her moments, but Duncan enjoyed seeing her flared up more than he enjoyed seeing her bragging about things. Duncan for half a moment had a confused look on his face, why would he be on a date? Why would he bring her to a restaurant he’s poorly reviewing currently? Why would he bring her near someone who would happily poison him with her cooking if given the chance to avoid a law-suit regarding it? In a quick thinking moment though Duncan decided to see how far jealousy could push her tonight. ”Oh yeah, date. Tall blonde girl sitting out there,” He said nodding his head trying to be convincing even though he was pretty sure every other cook in the kitchen could tell he was obviously lying through his teeth.
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
elizabeth harding
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 12:23 AM
job
chef
hunter's network
aff.
hannah
alias

Lizzie scowled immediately, pretty sure there wasn't a difference and he was only arguing it to make it seem as though she cared whether he was there or not. Which, of course, she absolutely did not care how dare anyone suggest otherwise. She watched with narrow eyes as he played with the tomato as though he owned the place, and was half in mind to snatch it out of his hand if she wasn't planning on using it after a thorough washing. "I'm not signing anything, and that's my tomato," She pointed out with a long glare, pointed enough that she hoped he'd put it down and get out of her face. Maybe he would finally announce he was moving to Mexico and stop bothering her or something because otherwise she couldn't see this whole thing ending nicely.

"And anyway, just because people like me and you were wrong," She added, sticking her tongue out at him, sure he was just being bitter and mean because he could, and now he had proof she was an excellent chef there was absolutely nothing he could do about it. Of course, she had the proof, not him, but she thought the fact it existed was enough of an 'in your face' for her. She glared at him for a long moment at the mention of a tall blonde - truly the opposite of her - and stalked over to the window where she could see the customers to look for this fabled blonde. "I don't see her, maybe she stood you up," Lizzie said spitefully, turning back to him, still not entirely satisfied that he was lying about it - if a blonde did show up she would have to refuse them service it was the only way. "Ugh, why don't you just leave me alone?" She asked with a scowl, suddenly irritated with him more than she was jealous, and making this known by bumping right into him as she walked back towards her oven, sure it was completely acceptable to vent her frustration by hitting him if necessary.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
duncan laird
 Posted: Yesterday at 11:33 pm
job
food critique
civilian
aff.
jess
alias

Duncan was far more amused with this entire situation for it to be healthy for him. He was enjoying seeing Lizzie in her place of work and seeing how easily frazzled she can be under stress in a kitchen, of course it was his stress so it was probably just him he was sure of it at this point. When she got angry with him about a tomato Duncan was way more amused that she was staking claim on a tomato of all things. ”Fine, have it back,” He said giving it a light toss in her direction, if she caught it he would be impressed, if she did not catch it, he would find the whole situation even more hilarious because now there was a smashed tomato involved and who wouldn't find that funny? Duncan just let her go on about the clippings and the letters she had received wondering if he should cut her off and tell her It was him or not? Ultimitely he decided tonight was not the night to let that piece of information go and continued to let her gloat about how amazing of a chef she clearly was, he did however already know that.

A lot offended by the fact that Lizzie thought his fake date stood him up he carried on the light even further because he didn't like the tone she was taking. Pulling his phone out of his pocket he made a quick check and stated confidently. ”She's gotten caught in traffic around picadilly, her taxi driver doesn't know what he's doing apparently,” Duncan said figuring the more specific that he got the least likely he was to be thought as making it up on spot even though he clearly was. When she went to shove past him despite how small she was he had gotten hit unsuspectingly off guard and was knocked off balance. It didn't take him long to fall backward into a stove knock off a few pots and pans and send a poiling pot of sauce crashing to the ground near his feet. Looking horrified around the room he looked at Lizzie immediately pointing blame.

”Now look what you've made me done! All I was doing was bringing you flowers for valentines day and you've gone and ruined a perfectly good pot of sauce,” He said when suddenly someone, who he could only assume was the head chef, was looming over him pointing to the back door of the kitchen leading to the alley that Duncan knew he had parked in. ”Why am I getting kicked out?? Youre little know it all is clearly at fault,” Duncan said pointing directly at Lizzie and grinning when he heard her getting kicked out as well. He clearly wasn't going to be satisfied without dragging her down with him. Confidently he stepped over the puddle of sauce and headed for the door retrieving his keys as he walked ready to take off when he got to the mini cooper.
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.