» staff
» updates
19th -- vote for your favourites in the three year awards +here!

1st april -- check out this month's announcements +here!

» spotlights

Add Reply
New Poll

i live again for the loveliness we knew., vanya!
nikolai vasiliev
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 03:18 AM
has Rep: 11 pts
even if we're discovered, just be sure to wear your best, we will surely make the covers. we can burn it and leave for we are the beautiful thieves.
job
art thief
hunters network
aff.
jade
alias

THOSE FINGERS IN MY HAIR, THAT SLY COME-HITHER STARE
One of the many perks of being Nikolai and Vanessa was that they celebrated two Christmases. It had become obvious very early on that they couldn’t reconcile their respective religious upbringings, so it just made more sense to do everything where possible, and, frankly, two Christmases sounded exactly like what someone should take advantage of in their relationship. Their first Christmas- Vanessa’s Christmas- occurred on the 25th of December and they had followed mostly Bulgarian traditions and lain around, having eaten too much, and then drunk too much and generally enjoyed the festivities. They’d celebrated New Year’s Eve, and then begun to celebrate Nikolai’s Christmas, which happened of the 6th. This was a little more subdued because of the time of year, but that really didn’t stop them from trying to cook too much food and exchange more gifts and play obnoxious Christmas music. It was all almost enough to make Kolya smile, partially because they were very embracing of their holidays which he thought was important and partly because no one could really say no to such a weird set of traditions.

Everything seemed to be going well- in other words, despite both of them trying (a little desperately) to get tipsy, nothing had burnt and, in fact, looked rather delicious. He had piled his plate high rather shamelessly- what? It was Christmas!- eaten happily, and was trying to convince Vanya that [i]of course[i] he found the Christmas cracker joke she got funny and not at all lame. When someone knocked on the door, however, he made a face and waved a hand airily. “I’ll get it,” he assured her, because he wanted to escape this joke about snowmen, heading over to the door. He didn’t know who it could be but assumed it might be, say, a neighbour, assuming their friends were polite enough to call ahead, all things considered; it had been better for everyone with their sort of hobbies to stay away for a while.

Swinging the door open, ready to greet their potential elderly neighbour politely, he was surprised by uniforms and managed to go from looking rather relaxed to harassed in a split second. It wasn’t made easier by their explanation that they had to search the apartment for the second time (!) and how they were sorry to interrupt, etc., but by this point, he had lost his previous cheer, turning to look at Vanya somewhat helplessly. There wasn’t anything he could do to stop it, knew it was best to co-operate, so he could really gesture half-heartedly into the apartment, with a tired, “Yes, go ahead.”

--------------------
you got to get it so you can't put a pin through your alibi to pull the perfect crime.
user posted image
PMEmail
^
vanessa valentinova
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 01:44 AM
has Rep: 15 pts
Can't keep my hands to myself Give me your all and nothing else Oh, I, I want it all Can't keep my hands to myself I mean, I could but why would I want to?<br>
job
art thief
johnny's pack
aff.
hannah
alias

And syncopate my skin to how you're breathing

Vanya was always beyond excited when she remembered they got to have two Christmases, and frankly, after the year they'd had she thought they deserved the extra celebration. She wasn't particularly having much fun with all of this talk of lawyers and court dates and evidence, but she felt Christmas was a day she got to forget all about it, and second Christmas was also a day to forget about it - there was a lot of forgetting going on here. She was more than happy to pile her plate with food, read bad jokes to Kolya that didn't quite translate as well when she thought about them too hard in Bulgarian, but she felt it was worth it for the occasional bad pun. She had done everything that year to make sure they could both enjoy the day, or at the very least, to put a smile on his face, because as much as she was unhappy she knew it was potentially a lot worse for her Fiance.

She'd gotten really quite enthusiatic about the Christmas Cracker jokes, having started to open a few more from the packet they had bought just to read the jokes to him. If anything, by the time the door went she was giggling hysterically whilst at the very same time trying to see if the leftover roast potatoes were still warm enough to eat and pile onto the already ridiculous amount of food on her plate. She didn't really pay attention to what was going on at the door, allowing Kolya to answer it, still giggling happily to herself, it was only when random men entered the room that the smile on her face dropped like she might never be able to find it again.

Instinctively she paused the cheery Christmas music playing and stood up. "I thought they'd finished searching?" She asked Kolya, deciding the safest place was by his side, holding onto his hand like they couldn't take him anywhere if she was holding it. At the very least they didn't seem to be there to arrest him again but that didn't comfort her in the slightest. Still, she thought some warning from them might have been nice, they could have explained it was Russian Christmas day, after all.

tag: kolya | outfit

--------------------
nobody knows if we fake it, you like to watch while we shake it
user posted image
perf set by page thirteen.@tda
PMEmail
^
nikolai vasiliev
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 09:54 PM
has Rep: 11 pts
even if we're discovered, just be sure to wear your best, we will surely make the covers. we can burn it and leave for we are the beautiful thieves.
job
art thief
hunters network
aff.
jade
alias

THOSE FINGERS IN MY HAIR, THAT SLY COME-HITHER STARE
Nikolai knew that even when the police left, it wasn’t going to change the fact that their happy celebration had been ruined and it was going to play on his mind now that it had started. He had almost forgotten the obvious issue with being out of bail, which was that the authorities still suspected him of being a criminal and were doing their investigation still, but because it was Christmas, it had played second fiddle to actual happy times with his fiancée. He knew this wouldn’t ruin his relationship, exactly, because he and Vanya knew very well what a mess they were in, but it was certainly making them more stressed and they both just wanted it to stop. He had been told by his lawyer (see, there went all thoughts of Christmas!) not to speak to anyone without her there, so the most he wanted to offer was the chance to look around, because, he didn’t know, they might have thought that after a potential criminal act that he had nothing to do with, he and Vanya had been stupid enough to keep the evidence in their flat.

At Vanya’s question, he shrugged, as he hadn’t even been there the first time they had searched the place and he didn’t know how much they’d looked around the place. “They want to look again,” he sighed to her, looking quite tired about this because there wasn’t much he could do to speed up this process and he couldn’t really say they should just go back to their celebration, which now looked somewhat sad without people happily filling up their plates and music and general cheer surrounding it, like a reminder that no one else in the country cared about his Christmas. “Maybe it won’t take long,” he suggested to her somewhat hopefully, not sure what else he could tell her when he wasn’t an expert on arrests in general. He would like to hope this would lead to his last run-in with anything involving the actual law.

--------------------
you got to get it so you can't put a pin through your alibi to pull the perfect crime.
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.