» staff
» updates
22nd june -- save your characters by posting in activity check +here!

» spotlights

Add Reply
New Poll

the heavens hum a stun-gun lullaby., wren!
dean kennedy
 Posted: Mar 14 2017, 09:49 PM
has Rep: 15 pts
This house is a circus, berserk as fuck We tend to see that as a perk though. Look What it's done to your friends their memories are pretend And the last thing that they want is for the feeling to end
job
musician
north coven
aff.
jade
alias

Those ones who make sinners out of such lovely lads
Dean wanted to steal a boat. No, to answer literally everyone’s question, he did not know what he was going to do with a boat, but they were everywhere and he felt like they had to be easy to drive, right? He didn’t want to keep the boat, as he had decided that was too much upkeep, but he just wanted to take it for a late-night joyride whilst London assumed he was a viable boat captain or whatever. Fortunately, as he could not steal a boat by himself (he assumed, having little experience in this area), so he had gotten Wren along, mostly by not really telling her what they were up to but insisting it was of the utmost importance. Super important. More important than band practise, which Dean had skipped last night to catch up on sleep and to plan this. The first part had been easiest- finding a boat and then ensuring that it was on a dock that was not highly populated. The lock on the gate had rusted away, and he swung it open, holding it open for Wren as he bounced over to the small boat he had decided was appropriate for a first-timer like himself.

“Do me a favour and get the lock pick kit out of the bag, will you?” he asked, glancing over his shoulder at Wren and the small bag he had given to her to hold, in part because he looked suspicious just standing somewhere so there was no need to throw a shady bag into the mix, and equally because he had told her this bag was very important too. Well, it was; it just didn’t hold drumsticks or anything. He had already glanced around at the area to ensure it was super empty before he stepped onto the boat. Tragically, although the gate had been easy, getting into the cabin required actual work.

wren / clothes /

--------------------
- - - oh, those silly boys in blue, well, they won't catch me and you
user posted image
PMEmail
^
wren haruta
 Posted: Mar 16 2017, 06:04 AM
has Rep: 4 pts
show me how to lie you're getting better all the time and turning all against the one is an art that's hard to teach another clever word sets off an unsuspecting herd and as you get back into line a mob jumps to their feet
job
musician
n/a
aff.
sammi
alias

when i’m down i get real down, and when i’m high i don’t come down
Wren was not someone who was going to turn down someone saying her presence was important--that they needed her help, especially not a band mate. They were her pseudo-family and since she didn’t have her mother to take care of anymore...well she was more complacent about such things, despite the fact she had been higher than a kite when her presence was asked for, and she merrily agreed, not particularly questioning why they were near the river or anything like that. She wasn’t going to judge, even if he made her carry a bag (she’s ridiculously smaller than him, it made no sense), but rather than arguing she continued to walk with him. Obviously they were going to check out a boat, at least that’s what she could assume was going on.

Wren watched him push open the rusty gate, and clearly he knew where they were going--she was honestly more upset that he had been holding out a boat from her. Not that she knew how to drive a boat...she could drive a car, but honestly she always thought she’d look rad on a yacht. Her mind was a little cloudy still, and when he asked her to get the lockpick kit from the bag, she froze. ”I’m sorry, the what? she inquired, hoping he was joking. The majority of her illegal activities were limited to the fun kind--drugs, not breaking and entering, and she felt herself bouncing on her heels anxiously as she handed over the kit, ”Okay, so what are we doing exactly?” she asked, ”Did you forget the key? Actually, I don’t want to know,” she changed her mind, turning away so that she could pretend that it wasn’t happening. Out of sight out of mind, right? After a few seconds, however, Wren turned back around to watch intently, ”Wait, teach me? I thought lockpicks were just a...like a movie thing. Does your girlfriend know you’re good with a lockpick?” she wiggled her eyebrows with the last question, an awkward insinuation coming from her, but oh well.

355 words
leave it to her to want to learn how to use a lockpick

PM
^
dean kennedy
 Posted: Mar 27 2017, 02:48 AM
This house is a circus, berserk as fuck We tend to see that as a perk though. Look What it's done to your friends their memories are pretend And the last thing that they want is for the feeling to end
job
musician
north coven
aff.
jade
alias

“The lock pick kit,” Dean repeated patiently, as though this was what everyone carried with them when they were out and about, a casual part of life: apartment keys, phone, lock picking kit, maybe a bus pass, etc. He knew that he should be more worried about Wren being along for the adventure, but he also suspected that if the police caught up to them, she would bat her eyelashes and they would assume he had kidnapped a five-year-old rather than assume she was an accomplice. Accepting the kit from her, he knelt down to actually pick the lock, inspecting it briefly first to make sure he would do it right; this wasn’t really a skill that he got a lot of mileage out of when you could do other things like make friends with bomb experts. “I mean… I remembered the key in a way,” he pointed out, although it sounded ridiculous even to him. He didn’t mind Wren turning away, although he was briefly surprised when she turned back, even demanding a lock picking lesson. Fortunately, he was always down for minor corruption of his peers, so he shrugged.

“It’s not a movie thing, it’s a vandalism thing. Come here and hold this,” he told her, rolling her eyes at apparent ineptitude, guiding her hands to hold the two parts of the lock pick with uncharacteristic seriousness. After all, he could do this very well and rather discreetly on his own, but it was a little harder to focus on that when he was now also imparting knowledge. Nevertheless, he continued valiantly, “You use this piece to turn the lock. You use this to feel for the cylinders inside, like this,” he explained, somehow attempting to show her through actual use how to pick the lock, assuming she could work out how the thing worked from resistance offered by the cylinders that weren’t ready to move just yet. It was a rather impromptu lesson but he supposed that if she was serious about it, he’d chuck the kit her way when he was done with tonight and she would cause chaos by picking locks in her apartment building. “Anyway, what girlfriend? Am I dating someone with my knowledge again?”

wren / clothes /

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
wren haruta
 Posted: Mar 30 2017, 01:45 AM
show me how to lie you're getting better all the time and turning all against the one is an art that's hard to teach another clever word sets off an unsuspecting herd and as you get back into line a mob jumps to their feet
job
musician
n/a
aff.
sammi
alias

Wren couldn’t believe that not only was a lockpick necessary for their adventure that day, but she was the person who had to carry such a thing. She refused to believe that they were breaking into something--this couldn’t be happening. She wasn’t really sure what possessed Dean to think that she would be the best accomplice for this adventure, seeing as she really didn’t have an illegal experience except with drugs (which had no effect on him), so…”Well, okay, I’ll give you that.” It was creative, a total smart-ass remark that she was sure the police would not enjoy as much as Wren currently was. Maybe they just needed a better sense of humor? Granted, they probably would accuse him of kidnapping her or her being horribly lost if the cops showed up. She was curious how to utilize a lock pick however, like what if she got locked out of her apartment, or her car?

”No, this is totally a movie thing,” Wren corrected, proceeding to follow his direction at what to hold, which just felt horribly awkward in her hands. She was pretty sure that people in movies could do this in two seconds. ”Wait, cylinders?” she inquired, obviously because Wren was no locksmith. ”Are those the locking things where the keys fit in or?” Wren was aware how clueless she sounded, but she tried to follow instruction the best she could until she heard a click and practically dropped everything to raise her arms up in victory, ”Did I do it?” It was a fair question, and it wouldn’t be surprising if she had completely screwed up, but Wren was feeling positive about it. ”That vampire girl you’ve been hanging out with a lot? Uh, her name starts with like an ‘e’ or something?” Wren explained, ”Look, you don’t need to play dumb, I’m not that hopeless.” Obviously, Dean had to be messing with her.

334 words
it's
PM
^
dean kennedy
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 01:21 AM
job
musician
north coven
aff.
jade
alias

Dean still wasn’t sure lock picking was a movie thing, although maybe this was because he didn’t watch enough movies to know how lock picking was represented. He usually fell asleep during them- it was a bad habit, he knew, he had seen the start of The Empire Strikes Back nine times but never finished it. He wanted to ask what Wren would know about this sort of thing but as she was one of those young, hip sorts, he could only shake his head in mild disappointment at the way lock picking was apparently now being portrayed. He was watching the movement of her hands carefully, and at her question, shrugged lazily. “Pretty much, yeah,” he agreed, sure that unless she was willing to wait while he drew a helpful diagram, she was going to figure it out from the doing anyway. Nevertheless, even he was surprised when there was a click, though he tried to hide it.

“Well, I don’t think you broke it,” he suggested optimistically, pulling the door open with ease and then collecting up their tools, nodding at the bag that she still needed to bring with them for part two of this not-crime adventure. He was already heading to the front of the boat and the steering wheel when she spoke again, and he frowned, because he knew who she was talking about but didn’t see why he’d be dating someone. Dating, to him, felt like an inevitable break up. “Yeah, but I’m not dating Etta. And I don’t know why she’d care about me picking locks… She might correct my form,” he admitted, looking put out at this news. He had long since given up on the idea of competing with lost boys; he was a petty criminal, not a gang member. “Anyway, I need a screw driver and I’ve got wire strippers in there,” he continued as though they hadn’t had an awkward segue into his love life. “I could make you do this but you might actually die, which seems unfortunate. Instead, you can tell me who else thinks I’m sleeping with my friends.”

wren / clothes /

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
wren haruta
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 05:39 PM
job
musician
n/a
aff.
sammi
alias

Wren was definitely way more a visual person than her current situation would lead people to think she was. She wasn’t sure when she would actually need to be able to pick a lock in the future, but Wren supposed it wasn’t a bad skill to have--what if she suddenly become irresponsible and needed to break into her own apartment? Why bother calling her landlord or a locksmith when she could just bust in herself? At least, that was what she was going to tell herself to make her feel better about the whole ordeal. ”Oh, thank God,” Wren murmured, relieved as she watched Dean push the door open as she grabbed the bag of things they were obviously going to need and followed him cautiously.

”Oh, is she a lockpick expert?” Wren asked, as if that could be the only reason anyone would correct someone else’s lockpick form. It wasn’t as if she had much experience to draw from in terms of a love life to deal with this situation, and then proceeded to dig through the bag for the tools required, hesitantly pulling them out and looking at them in her hands before he mentioned the fact that she could actually die and promptly held them out for him to grab. If she was going to die prematurely, it wasn’t going to be at the hand of this situation. She’d prefer it be a lot classier if she had a choice in the matter. ”Aw, you think my death would be unfortunate?” she chimed, albeit cheerily. To answer his query about who thought he was sleeping with what’s-her-name, Wren shrugged, ”I don’t know if anyone thinks you’re sleeping with her--I just said she was your girlfriend, didn’t think those were inclusive.”

302 words
it's
PM
^
dean kennedy
 Posted: May 7 2017, 07:24 PM
job
musician
north coven
aff.
jade
alias

“Probably,” Dean agreed, about to explain that Etta was, on an appropriately grouchy day, a tech expert, but he supposed that lockpicking came into this and she probably had one of those fancy machines that did it all for you. He would appreciate such a machine in his life, but he suspected that a) no one wanted to feed his criminal issues and B) he’d have to talk to Etta about it, and that seemed like it’d end up with one of them dangling from a rooftop or something similarly stupid. Accepting the appropriate tools from Wren and getting to work with the hot-wiring portion of the adventure, he thought, vaguely, that he should probably focus on the task at hand rather than listen to Wren, but he also figured, hey, if he electrocuted himself, it’d be a good, traumatic story for Wren.

“Yes. We’d struggle to get a new drummer,” he told her easily, as though this was the most important part of their friendship; frankly, he had already made his peace with a lot of his friends’ mortality, so that part didn’t bother him as much as it should. Carefully stripping wires, he felt like this was a bad time to pause and consider semantics but he did it anyway, working out whether sleeping with someone and dating them were the same thing in his book. “I wouldn’t have her as a girlfriend if we weren’t sleeping together, I’m very boring otherwise,” he decided, getting back to work, only to look up properly when the engine, miraculously, spluttered into life. In direct contrast to his last statement, he considered the steering wheel from his position under it and the array of buttons, before proclaiming, “So can you drive a boat or…?”

wren / clothes /

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
wren haruta
 Posted: May 9 2017, 06:22 PM
job
musician
n/a
aff.
sammi
alias

Wren was intrigued that there could be someone who could be an expert at lockpicking, and maybe she would be around to teach lessons on her next go around, ”Would you think she’d show me tricks?” she inquired, shrugging her shoulders a bit. While Dean was a fine enough teacher, she was sure that if Wren practiced some she would need to learn other tips to make everything run a bit smoother. It seemed like a fun party trick, anyway. Sure, she wasn’t sure when at a party she would need to show off a skill like that, unless maybe someone got locked out of their house at an after-party or something? Who knew? Wren wasn’t going to limit herself.

”Aw, I think that’s the sweetest thing you’ve ever said to me,” Wren chimed brightly. It wasn’t frequently when she was able to say that there was some praise towards her musical talent. Additionally, she liked to think she could be harder to replace, but Wren wasn’t going to proclaim that. It wasn’t like she was expecting Dean to say she was the best drummer in the world--that would be absurd. However, she scrunched her nose at the thought of oh god, the implied hooking up that Dean had said that would have to occur if he had a girlfriend. That sounded...atrocious and messy and she’d really, really rather not, so instead, she decided to drop it just so she wouldn’t become incredibly uncomfortable on a boat with no real escape method because there was no way in hell she was going to jump into that water. ”Do I look like I know how to drive a boat?” Wren inquired, ”Because I definitely don’t. I can barely drive a car.”

Date • Outfit • tag
PM
^
dean kennedy
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 11:30 PM
job
musician
north coven
aff.
jade
alias

“I don’t know if she knows how to teach anyone anything,” Dean said honestly, sure that Etta was probably very skilled but the idea of teaching chirpy Wren might not be her favourite thing to do. Also, and he meant this honestly, the idea of the band hanging out with her- after so much needling about his relationships and what he did in them- made him want to give up and move to America to take part in a pop punk/folk band; he was sure there would be inappropriate winking, and he wasn’t a fan of any kind of side-eyes that might suggest things. Still, if Wren found Etta on her own, he wouldn’t mind- although Simon might stab him for allowing Wren into Neverland casually.

“Really? God, I’m charming,” he decided, sure that this was incredibly true and it was a wonder that more people were not madly in love with Dean. Wren could start the train, obviously, as she was closest to him. He thought he might find the whole scenario charming if Wren was also able to drive a boat, and, from his low vantage point, he shook his head disappointedly at her as though she should immediately go out and get a boating license. “Alright. I used to drive,” he sighed, pulling himself away from the wires once he was sure they would stay and looking at the controls. There seemed to be rather a lot, and he added, “If we crash, I’m blaming you,” rather cheerily, deciding that he ought to just go for it. The boat lurched forward rather dramatically as he attempted to work out how everything worked, he paused, and then started again, attempting to work the boat away from the dock with the expression of someone who had struck gold.

wren / clothes /

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
wren haruta
 Posted: Jun 23 2017, 11:34 PM
job
musician
n/a
aff.
sammi
alias

Wren frowned, staring up at Dean trying to figure out what kind of person couldn’t teach people things. She may be a bit ditzy, but Wren was also aware of how cruel the world could be, and regardless of that...it was hard to imagine someone who couldn’t teach people things. ”Well that isn’t very nice to say about your girlfriend,” she pointed out, ”And besides, it’s super easy to teach people things, I’m pretty sure she would if you asked.” Wren didn’t particularly know this person, though, and it wasn’t as if Wren could just waltz up to her and ask….Wren would be super intimidated and would have to have some sort of chemical in her system in order to deal with it...which mean that she would have to probably be rolling hard or tripping or just...high in general and it would just be way too easy to have Dean ask on her behalf.

”If you were charming, you just ruined it,” Wren retorted. The ego was not something Wren was favorable of, but it was likely partially because Wren didn’t have much of an ego herself...or much self confidence at all, so it kind of just ruined everything when other people did. At least, Wren found that it made her a bit jealous, but that was just how she could be sometimes. However, there was absolutely no reason or need for her to be driving anything. Her car driving skills were not great...she didn’t offer to drive anyone ever out of fear of getting them hurt, so it was probably best that Dean drove the boat. ”Well, I don’t think it’s changed much since then, unless they drove horses back then?” she laughed, jokingly before her eyes widened, ”Wait, we can’t crash, Dean,” she informed him, ”I can’t swim.”

Date • Outfit • tag
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.