» staff
» updates
22nd june -- save your characters by posting in activity check +here!

» spotlights

Add Reply
New Poll

my sweet devoted counterpart., lilly!
prudence bentley
 Posted: Feb 13 2017, 03:11 AM
has Rep: 13 pts
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day. The sun is up, the sky is blue, It's beautiful and so are you
job
student
n/a
aff.
jade
alias

GIVE ME A TASTE OF WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE NEXT TO YOU
Prue’s Valentine’s day, honestly, was going to be rather lonesome. She had no classes that morning, but she was working that evening at the restaurant; as she had no charming paramours to sweep her off her feet, she had agreed to work because it was a little extra cash in her pocket as she dealt with happy couples- not that she was particularly salty about it, figuring this was her lot in life and she could use her spare time to do things like continue her research for her final year project and generally be productive. That plan had been ruined two mornings ago, when she had received a letter and, upon opening it, found that she had been offered a meeting instead. She was sure that Lilly Alcott had better things to do with her time than send letters, but no, here it was, unequivocal proof that she was not considering Halloween a one-off thing, a chance to humour the person who kept asking her strange questions.

She’d gone because, well, you couldn’t really reply to a letter and say no, it wasn’t a casual text. But she did almost get lost from the tube station, finding that she hadn’t been to this small section of London before and had no idea what to expect from the place; her Google search said to expect boats, but that didn’t really tell her what she was looking for. Eventually, she was sure she found it by complete accident, making a wrong turn and suddenly assaulted by a puppet show boat, and another next to it, proclaiming to be a tea room. Well then, she’d thought, all she had to do was find the boat where Lilly wanted to meet her, which had been also helpfully written on the letter. Some further exploring of the strange area found it to be a boat was clearly closed for business, but still bore a cheery name on the side and yes, there was Lilly. Approaching, she attempted to brush her hair out of her eyes, still a little curious about why she had been summoned and hoping it wasn’t an expensive dress (now safely stored in her closet back in Brighton so that she didn’t do something like accidentally tear it).

“Hi,” she greeted, nervous without knowing why. Probably that had something to do with the fact that she still didn’t know what to expect. “You wanted to see me?”

lilly / clothes /

--------------------
the wind is low, the birds will sing that you are part of everything
user posted image
PMEmail
^
lilly alcott
 Posted: Feb 21 2017, 01:20 AM
has Rep: 18 pts
Now Cinderella, don't you go to sleep? It's such a bitter form of refuge. Why don't you know the kingdom's under siege And everybody needs you. Is there still magic in the midnight sun, Or did you leave it back in '61?
job
pianist
primus
aff.
hannah
alias

everybody's watching her but she's looking at you

Of course Lilly had wanted to be with Prue on Valentine’s Day, not that she put much stock in the day of romance as a rule but she thought she could hardly risk letting some other person snap up the girl she wanted on a day like this, and so sending her a love letter and invitation seemed the only appropriate thing to do. Lilly, of course, knew exactly what she was doing when she asked Prue to meet her on a boat that was empty, if only to get her truly alone for a moment. She seated herself on the boat, leaning on the edge every so carefully. She would have dipped her feet into the water but too many had informed her she would get hypothermia as they passed and she found it rather tiresome to listen to. She always felt calm around the water, and she suspected it would be necessary, Christian’s sly comments about her unpleasant future doing nothing to give her faith in her seduction abilities.

Impatient as she was, she was willing to wait a little while to see that she wasn’t completely stood up. She didn’t think Prue would, of course, stand her up – who would dare, frankly? But she did suspect that it was all too hard to find her, not that she minded, it added to her mystery. She watched the lapse of the water against the boat, dipping her chin down against her hands. She had to have a game plan, she supposed, as much as she preferred spontaneity, but the approach had not worked for her at the ball – they had both ended the night dressed, so frankly that was a frustrating failure. The next step was, of course, to take her on real dates, which she hoped Prue would realise this was. After all, Lilly had told Prue her heart would burst should she not see her again, she hoped that would imply more than simply wanting to impart historical knowledge on her – although, of course, she did have some to hand should it please her in a charming way.

She looked up carefully as the nervous looking blonde approached, smiling lightly at her, and gesturing for her to come a little closer. ”You make it sound so formal,” She said with a light smile, ”Come admire the water with me before we begin.” Of course, Lilly thought they could stay on the empty boat forever should she so please, but she had no desire to bore Prue. ”Of course I would want to see you today, you look very beautiful, I knew you would,” She commented easily, giving her a soft smile that certainly did not say anything but tenderness.

tag: wife! | outfit

--------------------
don't you know the kingdom's under siege and everybody needs you
user posted image
amazing set by beyond the rain@tda
PMEmail
^
prudence bentley
 Posted: Feb 27 2017, 04:46 PM
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day. The sun is up, the sky is blue, It's beautiful and so are you
job
student
n/a
aff.
jade
alias

This wasn’t a formal meeting? But Lilly had sent a letter. It had been a very heartfelt letter, although Prue hadn’t fully understood most of it, having scanned it for the details she felt were most important; but Lilly hadn’t written anything all too specific in there, so Prue had to assume that a letter with handwritten calligraphy was obviously an important affair, perhaps on par with the ball. As it was now apparently a casual affair, she didn’t quite know how to go about this, and settled for an hopefully enthusiastic, “Right,” which sounded more confused than anything. Perhaps it would just be best to go along with things until they became clearer; that tended to work for her in other situations.

“Okay,” she said slowly, carefully making her way to the wooden ramp in order to join Lilly on the small boat. She wasn’t entirely sure why the boat was important, but she supposed it was fair to be a good sport about these things, even if she rarely admired water; after all, she lived by a beach, and the Thames somewhat paled in comparison. It would be rude not to though, and she approached Lilly, taking a moment to get used to the rocking of the small boat.

“Is that… relevant to today?” she wondered, unsure why the way she was dressed (rather normally, really, she could see so many other people in jeans and a T-shirt) was important, and privately hoping a makeover wasn’t on the cards. “Or anything you have planned?” Was this fishing for clues about Lilly’s plans subtle at all? She really doubted it.

lilly / clothes /

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
lilly alcott
 Posted: Mar 5 2017, 10:07 PM
Now Cinderella, don't you go to sleep? It's such a bitter form of refuge. Why don't you know the kingdom's under siege And everybody needs you. Is there still magic in the midnight sun, Or did you leave it back in '61?
job
pianist
primus
aff.
hannah
alias

Lilly could see that Prue seemed confused, she supposed she had not yet worked out what it was that Lilly desired, and she hoped to make it clear enough soon, if her letter, if her soft touches last time they had met, hadn’t already done the trick. She hoped that perhaps Prue was being coy on purpose, that she was simply waiting to find her ground, and was not simply oblivious to advances that seemed more than obvious to Lilly. She was hardly a subtle woman when it came to romance, after all. It was hardly as though she was ever to bother to be mysterious for Prue, at least not until it came to her own past. Giving Prue room to sit beside her, Lilly looked into the dark water swaying and lapping against the boat’s side, and found herself drawn to looking at the girl next to her instead. Such a curious thing, she thought, to be distracted from the forces of nature by a girl.

”Your beauty is always relevant, darling,” Lilly promised her softly, with a light smile, before she shook her head in true answer. ”But who is to say I have anything planned? Perhaps I just wanted to see you,” Lilly said, as though this was something that perhaps both of them had to consider rather seriously. Even with her ideas for the day, she did not want to reveal herself too soon, not when she wanted to give her no excuses to leave quite so quickly. ”Have you been here before? Perhaps I can show you around,” Lilly suggested lightly, standing finally to reveal that as usual her clothes were quite inappropriate for the occasion, and she had every intention of wandering along boats with her dress trailing behind them. She held out her hand to the other girl to take lightly, hoping she would accept, at least enough for Lilly to lead her off the boat, not that, of course, she bothered heading towards the entrance of the boat, and decided it was better to step lightly onto the surface of the water instead. ”It’s perfectly safe,” Lilly assured her with an inviting smile.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
prudence bentley
 Posted: Mar 21 2017, 11:14 PM
job
student
n/a
aff.
jade
alias

She still didn’t know what Lilly wanted. Prue was racking her brains for some kind of hint, but she was coming up with a complete blank and supposed that she would have to wait it out to see what Lilly was after. She was never particularly forthcoming with information, after all, and Prue hadn’t worked out how to read her. Maybe she just wanted to hang out, but Prue found this a rather strange thing, considering Lilly probably had other things to do, like buy incredibly revealing dresses or throw parties, things that Prue didn’t consider her idea of a good time (although she’d enjoyed the ball! She’d just recognised it was an exception, not the rule). Obviously, Lilly confirmed that they were apparently just hanging out, but Prue felt like there were easier ways to contact her- she replied to her texts, for instance.

“No, I haven’t, it was, uh… pretty hard to find,” Prue admitted, remembering getting lost from the tube station, something that didn’t happen often nowadays for her. She supposed that just meant that Lilly showing her around wouldn’t be a bad idea, although she still had no idea what one would find there; she had been so pre-occupied with finding Lilly, she had mostly glossed over the truly interesting parts of the place they were in. She had thought, of course, that Lilly would have them go back to the pavement, but no such thing happened, and she peered down at Lilly walking on water with great consternation. She didn’t know why this surprised her, honestly. She wanted to argue against going on the water herself- sure, it was perfectly safe, but also, no, she might slip through and drown.

Lilly hadn’t yet led her wrong though, so taking her hand for balance, she carefully stepped off the boat onto the surface of the water, still nervous in case she plummeted right through. Naturally, she did no such thing, and Prue peered down at her feet, making small ripples across the surface of the water. After a moment of that, she decided it was probably a bad idea to reflect on how weird this was, and chose staring at Lilly instead to hide any apprehension. “Okay,” she started, as though she hadn’t had to briefly question physics. “Where do we start?”

lilly / clothes /

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
lilly alcott
 Posted: Mar 27 2017, 11:00 PM
job
pianist
primus
aff.
hannah
alias

Lilly could hardly see why Prue would be confused, she thought she was making her intentions perfectly clear and she very much wanted Prue to see what it was that she wanted. Of course, Prue was under no obligation to reciprocate this, but at the same time, Lilly very much thought her charm would ensure that Prue saw the benefit of letting Lilly be in her life. ”All the best things are, my flower,” Lilly promised her with a gentle smile, after many years of seeking the best and most interesting she knew the truth of that all too much, even glancing at Prue she could see the truth in that, as she had waited a long while to meet someone as soft and beautiful as her new companion.

Stepping onto the water was probably not the weirdest thing that could happen to those around Lilly, even so, she noted the few looks they got from the shore as they stood on the canal, Lilly was more concerned with Prue, of course, rather glad she didn’t seem scared by the water. Lilly smiled, ”Keep hold of my hand or you’ll fall” Lilly told her – a slight lie, but of course, she could ensure the right part of the water would hold them up if she knew exactly where Prue was. Not that she had an ulterior motive, no, of course not.

Still, Prue was right, they had a place to explore, and Lilly wanted to impress her. ”Perhaps we shall walk, and you point to a boat that interests you, that way we can go where the current takes us, and flow as we please,” Lilly told her lightly, stepping forward, ensuring they kept a leisurely stroll so she could keep the magic working at ease. ”Now tell me how your search for my family has progressed?” Lilly asked, with genuine interest, of course, ”Or have you given up on the endeavour, perhaps?”

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
prudence bentley
 Posted: Apr 10 2017, 11:31 PM
job
student
n/a
aff.
jade
alias

She couldn’t help that she was still distracted by the water, nervously shifting one foot to see the water move beneath it. She had seen weirder, more wonderful feats of magic, but this seemed like it would best her; this might be because she was seeing it in broad daylight and it wasn’t taking place in a home known for strange things happening. This was broad daylight, and she was standing on the River Thames like it meant nothing. “Mhmm,” she agreed vaguely, looking up again when Lilly confirmed that she was holding Prue up, and Prue nodded very seriously, checking that she was still holding hands with Lilly. This made, according to Prue’s knowledge of magic, complete sense: obviously, it would be easier to use her magic if she was holding Prue’s hand, it was all rather clinical.

She frowned slightly at the pun- at least she thought it was a pun- but still nodded, deciding that that was probably the best way to go about things. “I don’t know if anything will beat this but alright,” she decided, sure that after standing on water, a pizzeria might pale in comparison. It didn’t help that her idea of a good time involved things like coffee shops, but she couldn’t quite imagine Lilly ordering a macchiato in her spare time. At Lilly’s question, however, she made a sheepish face and blushed. She hadn’t forgotten! She just hadn’t had time recently.

“No! It’s just…” She felt like it had to be strange to make up excuses as to why she wasn’t looking into someone’s family in great detail; Prue would have found it strange if someone got overly interested in her own. “I’ve had work- I’m a waitress- and my dissertation is due soon, because I’m a third year,” she explained, already sure that this was a lot of responsibilities. “And then my friend, Bassem, got magical roses and I couldn’t figure out what it all meant. It was very strange,” she admitted, making a face. She had taken a picture of the leaflet to send to Bassem, but still didn’t get why a random exhibit was something she needed to attend. “I’ve spent so long trying to work out how Morgan Le Fay is important… Sorry, should I spend more time looking into your family?” she wondered, unsure if it was now rude to have had to postpone a research opportunity. Was this why Lilly was spending time with her?

lilly / clothes /

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
lilly alcott
 Posted: May 15 2017, 02:55 AM
job
pianist
primus
aff.
hannah
alias

Lilly thought it was rather successful of her to be having a romantic river stroll with Prue as they held hands and walked along. Frankly, Lilly wasn’t even sure they needed to come off the water if it meant they could just hold hands the rest of the day, it seemed much more desirable to her. Even better it seemed that Prue was impressed by the magic and Lilly smiled in a sort of satisfied way, and shrugged ever so lightly, sure that this just gave her license to pull these stunts more in the future – not that she wouldn’t anyway, but she liked to have some validation. Of course, Lilly was more interested to hear about what had been distracting Prue from the scintillating task of discovering Lilly’s family tree.

”Of course, your studies are important,” Lilly agreed seriously for a moment, allowing Prue to continue a small smile growing on her ever-knowing expression as she explained further. Still, she knew she could not reveal things when there was a mystery to be had and in the same way she knew nothing about her family tree she was prepared to know nothing of something she had quite a lot of experience in. ”Oh, Morgan Le Fay isn’t the important one,” Lilly said with a sigh – sure that Christian would appreciate that - ”And no, of course not, this seems a very important thing to look into – mysterious magical roses seem to be quite an issue,” Lilly agreed easily, sure she had some idea where they came from too, but she wasn’t to tell Prue that either. ”May I ask why Morgan Le Fay – in connection to the roses, I mean?” Lilly asked with light curiosity, sure there wasn’t anything obvious there, so it would require a little more explanation.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
prudence bentley
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 12:25 AM
job
student
n/a
aff.
jade
alias

Prue wasn’t sure what Lilly would make of the mystery plaguing Prue but, to be fair, Prue didn’t know what to make of it. Like most things, she wanted to figure out what it all meant but didn’t really have a place to start, exactly; she was okay with that, sure that after some light research, more things would make sense and she could work from there, if there was something to be found. But it might not be a viable excuse to stop examining Lilly’s family tree, so maybe she should make time for that too. “Oh,” she started, not sure what to do with this information but supposing that Lilly was about to enlighten her with an explanation; when she didn’t, Prue considered this and then stored it away to ask about later.

“Oh, the roses turned into leaflets that advertised this Morgan Le Fay exhibition… Well, some people had a Merlin one too, I think,” she explained, sure that she remembered this detail from a conversation, although she had been unable to piece together how they were connected, considering the exhibitions were on the same date at the same time in the same place. This didn’t make sense, logically, but then, they were walking on water. “The exhibit’s not for a while, so we’re sort of stuck. I have a picture of the leaflet though?” she tried, just in case Lilly wanted to look at it, although she wasn’t sure if it was Lilly’s thing- although Prue had attended the black and white ball, so she knew that Lilly at least knew a lot about magic. “And a time-lapse video,” she admitted, having set that up the moment she’d gotten home and been very grateful for it when she’d seen the rose’s transformation in pictures.

lilly / clothes /

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.