» staff
» updates
17th june -- check out june's mystery event +here!

1st june -- congratulate this month's spotlight winners +here!

» spotlights

Add Reply
New Poll

and just hold the smile., eloise
joshua walker
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 11:37 PM
has Rep: 28 pts
You leave home, you move on and you do the best you can. I got lost in this whole world and forgot who I am.
job
CEO
shape shifting circle
aff.
jess
alias

380 words for eloise
Josh was really trying to get back into touch with certain things in his life. A major thing that he had spent his time in Iceland reflecting on was his position in the Shape Shifting circle. He hadn’t been doing his best and he knew that it was showing. There was a lot of responsibility with his position, but he knew that and now that he was reviewing himself in new ways he figured he might as well act like the leader he was appointed to be. This did mean that he was meant to make more than just an annual trip to equinox to visit his friend Rory, who was never there anymore so it really wasn’t his favorite thing to do. His new shop keeper was kind of a dick and Josh was convinced that his goal in life was to properly ignore people until they just leave. Josh did not want to just leave though, he wanted to make his life hell if just for a moment because he was bored. Wondering around near the back of the shop Josh took a few books and transformed the titles on them to be misspelled, arranged awkwardly or said things that had absolutely nothing to do with the actual content of the books Josh heard someone approaching and instantly hid the book behind his back turning around just intime to look mock innocent like a child just caught in the act of doing something badly.

For a moment Josh was worried that it might actually be someone who would be upset with him for what he was doing, but when he didn’t recognize the person who had joined him in the books room he just shoved it back on the shelf and shrugged. ”The shop guy up front is kind of a jerk, its not so great anymore,” Josh said smiling and trying to seem semi cheerful. There wasn’t many people that he didn’t talk to in equinox regardless of if he knew them or not, inside these four walls he was more like just he witch that could shapeshift pretty much whatever you asked him to, outside he was big shot CEO and that was a lot more terrifying to him than this was.

--------------------
user posted image
thank you darling page thirteen. at TDA
PM
^
eloise charleston
 Posted: Jan 24 2018, 12:53 AM
has Rep: 6 pts
But it don't make no difference, babe, hey, And I know that I could always try.There's a fire inside everyone of us, You'd better need it now,I got to hold it, yeah, I better use it till the day I die.
job
teaching assistant
n/a
aff.
bex
alias

well i keep moving on
Eloise had never been particularly keen on mastering magic, or exploring any particular side. She'd enjoyed the elemental magic and the healing side...but beside that, none of it appealed to her too much. But in a moment of madness that was steered by alcohol, the blonde had listed one of her new years resolutions was to make more of an effort with her magic. She wasn't going to become her mother overnight (thank god for that), but instead of her bookcase being stacked with trashy romance novels and 'teaching for dummies' - there'd be an occasional infusion of magical how to books. That was how she ended up in this place, that she could only describe as a DIY shop for witches.

Although a witch was more than her home décor, Eloise couldn't help that feel her home lacked a touch, or a magical energy. Her mother's home positively crackled with supernatural vibes, with antiques, family heirlooms and general faux witchy tat strategically placed around each room. The witch had just moved into her accommodation, but it still felt like someone else's home, and that she was the intruder, not a resident. So every so often Eloise found herself adding more and more pieces into her shopping basket, in the hopes of making her place her own. Sure, herbs probably were more practical than pretty, but arranged in a fancy jar with a crisp label, and they'd be part of her aesthetic in no time.

The books were more for actual learning, or to just lend to the illusion that she was learning. Not even to other guests, besides - she had very few visitors. Eloise just wanted to give herself the kick she needed, or to let herself think she was. A basic book on healing would probably do for the time being, the mediocre witch could hardly remember anything she'd been taught about it in the first place. Her fingers skimmed along the each spine as she passed each book, trying to find what she wanted, when a somewhat positive voice broke her concentration. Eloise straightened herself, and offered a smile, "oh, really? I've never been here before...the prices don't seem too terrible though, it's a shame about the service though." She confessed to the stranger, her eyes drawn to the book he put back, "Looking for something in particular?" She asked, secretly hoping they both wanted the same kind of book so he could point her in the right direction. Unless he was just as hopeless as Eloise was - and she'd have to return home defeated and empty handed.

josh | outfit
love, libby

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
joshua walker
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 07:23 PM
You leave home, you move on and you do the best you can. I got lost in this whole world and forgot who I am.
job
CEO
shape shifting circle
aff.
jess
alias

411 words for eloise
Josh was a bit surprised to hear that she hadn’t been before, but he supposed that it was still a shop and just because it had regulars, like himself, that had been going for years and knew the owner and such didn’t mean that everyone was on such jolly terms with the rustic place. ”It’s great, honestly they have top quality as well,” Josh said remembering back in a time where he did actually need to find someplace that had good prices for everything that he might have wanted, or needed when given his weekly allowances. He knew that he’d come a long way since then, but Equinox was now a staple in his past and in his coming forth of being a decent coven leader and witch once again. He sort of rocked back and forth on the balls of his feet for a moment not really sure what else to do, simply he was in the back room with the books just to wreak havoc and he couldn’t very well do that with a witness, so he supposed he should just carry on a conversation and pretend he wasn’t completely up to no good. ”Oh no, not particularly, just peaking about is all,” Josh said with a shrug.

The store hadn’t seemed to get a good stock of things since the last time he was in and so it was like a common grocery run for him right now just to refill a few things and be on his way. ”I’ve read most these books here, I’ve meet the author of that one,” Josh said pointing to a book on display on a table between the two of them. He didn’t know if that was important really, but he figured it didn’t hurt to have something as a conversation starter right now. Most of what he focused on was the shapeshifting world, which the book would be able to give away easily, but he did know a bit about the other types of magic swimming around the world. ”Was there anything you specialize in, like I said, I’ve read most the most, can probably make a good recommendation,” Josh said shrugging and only thinking he might be able to be helpful, it was always nice for him to talk to somebody in this side of the world, especially now as he was trying to reconnect with his inner witch.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
eloise charleston
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 06:44 PM
has Rep: 6 pts
But it don't make no difference, babe, hey, And I know that I could always try.There's a fire inside everyone of us, You'd better need it now,I got to hold it, yeah, I better use it till the day I die.
job
teaching assistant
n/a
aff.
bex
alias

well i keep moving on
Eloise had never really been aware of the magical community, even in Newcastle. She'd collect bits and pieces for her mother when necessary, but she wasn't a regular or a friend of any coven - she was a lone witch, and not a well practised one at that. The witch wasn't ashamed, but that pang of guilt still wallowed in the pit of her stomach nonetheless, combined with a twinge of uncertainty....or maybe it was just because she hadn't eaten yet (hunger and nerves could be easily confused). Eloise had no desire to impress the stranger with an encyclopaedic knowledge of magic...she was still getting to grips with the beginner's guide. "oh good, I'm not really well acquainted with places like this, but the local library doesn't seem to stock anything like this!" she joked; an attempt to quash her nervous nature.

Between marking cursive and helping the youngest students attempt animal origami Eloise hardly had time to achieve something so impressive as reading all the books in the shop...unless he was showing off. Was that something witches did? Her mother took her achievements in her stride, and Eloise's shortcomings. Nevertheless the blonde smiled, all signs of amazement still clear on her face, "How do you find the time? she began to pull out a few random books, inspecting the covers and flicking through the pages - hoping to absorb some of the supernatural talents that the scriptures possessed. Sometimes Eloise wondered if she felt any pull to a particular kind of magic...most of it was difficult. She had no desire to shapeshift, and could make no sense of the logic behind it, dark magic was out of the question...she enjoyed healing but wasn't all that great at it, and she had a strong pull towards the elements, but again: her talent was lacking. "Erm, I'm not sure...my mother wasn't the greatest tutor. Elemental, or healing....or just 'how to survive magic without blowing everything up' would be a great start!" the blonde chuckled...though in all seriousness she wasn't too sure if she was joking or not.

josh | outfit
love, libby

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
joshua walker
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 04:44 PM
job
CEO
shape shifting circle
aff.
jess
alias

479 words for eloise
While Josh knew that he was good at his trade, he was a coven leader with one of the most prestigious and secretive coven’s in the area, he also knew that not everyone was going to be at the same level as he was. At one point he could remember a time where his entire dedication was devoted to his magic learning and though he was trying again to find that dedication he knew that it was going to take a while to learn how to balance things. ”Well lucky for you that things are pretty easy to find at this shop. It’s a staple for lots of people who have been in London a while,” Josh said encouraging. He didn’t want her to feel bad for not knowing much about the trade she was in, or even knowing what magic she might want to focus on, it wasn’t like it was a race or even a competition of any kind. Josh just knew that if you wanted to know magic you had the right and that you could do it at your pace and at your will.

Josh laughed as she asked about time. Time was a funny thing for Josh and while being back in London meant that he didn’t have much time at all anymore he had nothing but time while he was away in Iceland. ”I grew up on the stuff, years of time and escaping from everything is the only way I found the time. Trust me, the city is unforgiving about time,” Josh said being completely honest. If he had to try and find the time to pick up one of these books again now he was almost positive it would take him a full week just to get through the first few chapters. Josh listened to what she was saying about magic and things she was interested in. He ran his fingers across the spines of a few books grabbing two, one on elements and one on healing, both easy to follow and beginner guides that he found might be helpful. ”I’d suggest staying away from fire, if you dont’ want to blow anything up,” Josh said with a wink handing her each book and figuring she could thumb through them and make a decision on her own time if she wanted. ”I do shapeshifting, but I can dabble, if you have any questions ever,” Josh said with a confident smile, he didn’t mind offering help to people who were genuinely interested, he knew that he couldn’t help her proceed to far into her feilds of choice but basicas were easy enough. ”I know how hard it is to reconnect when you’ve had a bad tutor, or when they’ve just ruined it for you,” Josh added with a somber tone.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.