» staff
» updates
19th -- vote for your favourites in the three year awards +here!

1st april -- check out this month's announcements +here!

» spotlights

Add Reply
New Poll

but if you're single that's honestly worse, vincent!
cora reynolds
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 09:54 PM
has Rep: 1 pts
You make me so happy it turns back to sad There's nothing I hate more than what I can't have Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats Alone, unless you wanna come along, oh...
job
matchmaker
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

i'm so furious
At you for making me feel this way But what can I say? you're gorgeous Whisky on ice, Sunset and Vine You've ruined my life, by not being mine
It was not necessarily unusual for Cora to get bored or restless or feel as though she had very little to do sometimes. As much as it was her job to generate business and clients, a lot of it was online and a lot of it was waiting around for something to take effect. She wasn't much for waiting around for things to take effect, it seemed to her that you couldn't just expect everything to fall into place, you had to go get what you wanted. Sadly, what she wanted was a new client to sink her teeth into and not a thousand boring phone calls about advertising that always resulted in the same thing. She knew their app would only gain traction if they got good advertising and people talking about it, but that didn't mean she enjoyed talking to advertising companies. Half the time she thought she could do their job better than them if she had the money and resources.

Deciding that it was definitely in her best interest to put off some calls and meetings, and the things that were technically responsible, but for her own emotional well-being had to be ignored, she decided she had another project in mind. Vincent was probably used to her by now, she knew, and weirdly set in his ways, but that didn't do anything to deter Cora from trying to change things about him. She just felt that he had all this potential and he was hardly meeting it! Or rather, he was scaring away all potential with tragically gross looking trousers. She burst into his office quite happily, sure that if he was busy he could take a break for a minute or two, she was sure it strained his eyes to be staring at a screen all day anyway.

"I got you a present!" She announced, waving a bag at him, a phrase he had no doubt heard before in her quest to dress him appropriately - it just never took, she couldn't understand why.

--------------------
user posted image
beautiful set by snicket!@tda!
PMEmail
^
vincent fitzgerald
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 10:49 PM
has Rep: 2 pts
And it talks to me in tiptoes And it sings to me inside. It cries out in the darkest night and breaks in the morning light, But with all my education I can’t seem to command it, And the words are all escaping, and coming back all damaged, And I would put them back in poetry if I only knew how.
job
app developer
--
aff.
jade
alias

before you came into my life, i missed you so bad
An awful lot of Vincent’s time was used to stare at screens nowadays, which wasn’t ridiculously different to his previous job, but in this case, he had a lot more riding on how he did. They had a small staff at Blindfold, so genuine bugs and coding errors were usually escalated right to him, and he never did know how he caused such issues to happen but he definitely had to fix algorithms before anyone spotted the issue. This meant that he spent his time at a two-monitor set-up, checking numbers and downtime and also, sometimes, he had Youtube videos playing because he could do what he wanted- to a point. That afternoon, he’d been in the midst of checking over some performance figures from the previous month to see if they were hitting targets (he did have to submit reports on that sort of thing) when the door burst open, and he wished he could have been surprised, but only Cora really threw the door open with such gusto; everyone else usually knocked.

“Is it coffee?” he asked, glancing at the bag warily. That didn’t look like a Costa bag, so he was already disappointed but he also didn’t know why she needed to constantly go shopping for him. She had seen his wardrobe. She had definitely seen that he owned many clothes, more than he really needed to wear, and thus he wasn’t really a stylistic charity case, albeit he would occasionally admit that he preferred a rather simplistic style. “It’s clothes, isn’t it? Don’t you have that meeting this afternoon? Has that been cancelled?” he wondered, checking their mutual (colour-coded) schedule on his screen to see what had happened there.

cora / clothes /

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
cora reynolds
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 12:01 AM
has Rep: 1 pts
You make me so happy it turns back to sad There's nothing I hate more than what I can't have Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats Alone, unless you wanna come along, oh...
job
matchmaker
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

i'm so furious
At you for making me feel this way But what can I say? you're gorgeous Whisky on ice, Sunset and Vine You've ruined my life, by not being mine
Cora was glad they both got to have a break, she didn't think it was good for them to overwork themselves, and she felt like Vincent overworked himself pretty much constantly. She understood he had a hard job that had pretty much constant work to it, and she knew how hard he worked, so it only made sense that she do her best, as his partner, to help him where she could. Unfortunately she knew nothing about coding so it just had to be in the outside of work life department. "It's not coffee," She informed him easily, ignoring the obviousness of the statement, she knew he liked to make these sorts of jokes and clearly just didn't appreciate that if she was going to bring him coffee he would know about it.

Smiling brightly that he guessed so easily, deciding not to read into her own predictability too much, she immediately waved off the idea of her meeting. "Yes, I have a meeting, but don't worry I've got plenty of time," She informed him airily. It wasn't that she didn't want to do her work, of course, it just that meetings tended to be boring and tiresome unless they involved a make over or preparing a couple for their future wedding. "Listen, just try them on, okay? For me?" She pleaded, batting her eyelashes as coquettishly as she could and holding out the bag to him in the hopes that this would convince him.

--------------------
user posted image
beautiful set by snicket!@tda!
PMEmail
^
vincent fitzgerald
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 08:54 PM
has Rep: 2 pts
And it talks to me in tiptoes And it sings to me inside. It cries out in the darkest night and breaks in the morning light, But with all my education I can’t seem to command it, And the words are all escaping, and coming back all damaged, And I would put them back in poetry if I only knew how.
job
app developer
--
aff.
jade
alias

before you came into my life, i missed you so bad
Vincent didn’t really mind Cora’s flights of fancy or, rather, he had gotten used to them and he hadn’t agreed to Blindfold with her without knowing that it would involve a lot of her general spontaneity. He just didn’t expect so much of it to involve him directly, as he was usually quite comfortable doing his own thing or getting on with work while she did, well, whatever she needed to do as the face of the company (not that Vincent was shy- he just knew where his strengths lay here). He wasn’t sure she had plenty of time either, and he frowned. “But did you read the report I wrote…” he started, but she had already changed tack to his wardrobe, and he needed to defend it.

“Here, in the office?” he checked as though they were still in a rather large national office and not in their tiny version where no one would really recognise a change of clothes if he strolled around looking slightly more up-to-date in whatever Cora had purchased. Also, he really would have preferred coffee. Accepting the bag from her, he rested it on the floor rather than look through whatever she had purchased. “What’s wrong with this? It’s work appropriate,” he pointed out, looking down at his attire which he had worn in offices for years now.

cora / clothes /

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.