» staff
» updates
22nd june -- save your characters by posting in activity check +here!

» spotlights

Add Reply
New Poll

they carried on like long division., sasha!
peter summers
 Posted: Apr 7 2017, 10:14 PM
has Rep: 4 pts
I bow down to pray I try to make the worse seem better Lord show me the way To cut through all this worn out leather I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away But baby I just need one good one to stay
job
student
daniel's pack
aff.
jade
alias

we shared a bed in which i could not sleep
Peter didn’t realise how long he had been in the gardens until he had looked up, mid-book, and realised that it was, in fact, completely dark around him. He had been taking his afternoon off as a chance to read up on a few concepts in market trading whilst simultaneously preparing for the youth group’s trip to the gardens next week (where they would be learning about sustainability and having a nice picnic together) and, having settled next to an exhibit on the life cycle of trees, he had only paused long enough to quickly scrawl a note to himself on a post-it before sticking that in his thin book. He was not in the habit of defacing books, even if he owned them. But he had gotten distracted by the rest of the chapter and by the time he was sure that he understood these concepts, night had fallen, the area around him was empty, and he fished for his phone with great trepidation, unable to comprehend how he had missed a check-in. In fact, whilst staring at his phone in surprise, his parents had phoned, and he had assured them that he was on his way home- because he was. It was ridiculous to be out so late on a Friday night.

He had headed to the nearest entrance, a little nervous about the lack of people in the gardens. He thought maybe he’d see a straggler or two, but maybe everyone else was closer to the exit than he was; he sped up appropriately, sure that the gate wasn’t actually that far. When he reached it, although he could see that it was closed, he still- just in case- reached out to push on it, even though the padlock was clearly visible. It took him half a second too long to realise he was not the only person there, and he turned, wide-eyed, to see who else was beside him; perhaps he was about to get inordinately lucky and it would be a groundskeeper of some sort. Instead, what he got was enough streetlights to see an appropriate sweater, messy hair, a similarly horrified expression. The horror, Peter realised latently, was because he recognised this person and, just like that, he went from terrified at the sight of this padlocked gate to clearing his expression entirely; there was a logical solution and he ought to remain looking calm, cool, and collected.

He broke the silence. It was important to have the upper hand. “It’s a good job you finally got around to tying your laces,” he said easily, adjusting the book in one hand so that he could look as put together as he did not feel. “Is it possible you know a different way out of here, or is that beyond you?”

sasha / clothes /

--------------------
and soon everybody will ask what became of you -
user posted image
'cause your heart was dying fast and you didn't know what to do.
PMEmail
^
sasha petrov
 Posted: Apr 9 2017, 12:13 PM
has Rep: 5 pts
And after the storm, I run and run as the rains come And I look up, I look up, On my knees and out of luck, I look up. Night has always pushed up day You must know life to see decay But I won't rot, I won't rot
job
student
gerard's pack
aff.
leah
alias

let my love open the door
HUSBAND // OUTFIT // 719 WORDS
Sasha had had a long, tiring, exasperating day. Being a teaching assistant was proving to be far more difficult than he’d imagined; the work was almost double in comparison to what he was generally used to and the amount of research and extra reading required was close to inhuman proportions. Sasha didn’t object to the extra effort - he was always ready to absorb any and all forms of knowledge - but what he truly struggled with, was the grading and evaluation. He was meant to look through student assignments, attach appropriate feedback and appropriate grades before passing the papers on to the senior professor, and he found himself to be pretty terrible at it. He always shied away from offering criticism which was too harsh or too negative; and he really didn’t really have it in him to give someone a bad grade. He was, in crude terms, “too nice” to fail a student, which became his biggest failing as a teaching assistant.

After having agonized over the latest slew of assignments all morning, Sasha had finally decided to take a break. He’d initially just decided to take a short walk, but had become so immersed in his thoughts and in trying to resist an oncoming panic attack that he soon found himself having wandered off a considerable distance from the University. Looking around, he realized that he’d walked all the way to South London, close to where Kew Gardens was. He exhaled audibly, now castigating himself even further for having come so far and having neglected his so-called responsibilities. But he was so tired from all the walking that he decided it was time to go home, unwind over some vodka, and turn in.

The sun was already beginning to set and he wasn’t really feeling up to taking the tube. Left with very few options, he made his way to Kew Gardens and settled down on a bench near the Nash Conservatory. He texted Zoya, asking whether or not she could come pick him up. Gerard let her borrow unwanted cars from the garage sometimes, and Sasha hoped she could find a suitable car to borrow at the moment and come get him.While he waited for her response, he fished out his Analytical Math textbook from the messenger bag still dangling from his shoulders, and began sifting through it, hoping to get some more reading done. After what seemed like an eternity - during which he got through at least two whole chapters - his phone pinged. Zoya was stuck working a long shift and hadn’t been able to get out of it, despite having tried. With a sigh, he got up and booked an Uber instead, deeply frustrated at himself for having wasted so much time. The cab was ten minutes away, but the sky was getting darker now, the unexplained chill in the air making him shiver a little.

As he began walking towards what he thought was the exit, a distinct feeling of dread began to creep up within him. There were hardly any people around (in fact, he was probably the only one near where he was standing), and with the increasing darkness it was difficult to see where he was going, whether he was even in the right place. He was momentarily relieved to spot a flash of metal and find that it was indeed, the gate. But his relief dissipated far too quickly; not only because he realized the gate was locked, but because of the sharply-dressed, infuriatingly well-put-together young man who stood beside it. “My shoes are perfectly tied, thank you,” he retorted in response, bristling at the boy’s deeply patronizing comment.

Peter Summers never failed to get under his skin - what with his annoying deadpan snark and perfectly cultivated composure. And gosh, did he have to wear tight blue sweatervests all the time? “Just because you saw me slip up once doesn’t mean I’m a complete klutz.” Sasha looked Peter up and down in further annoyance, extremely peeved to have to run into the very last person he’d wanted to see on a day which was already turning out so disastrously unproductive. “If you’re so intelligent, why haven’t you figured out a way yet?”

--------------------
there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears; and love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
user posted image
page thirteen@tda feeds my trashiness too well
PM
^
peter summers
 Posted: Apr 14 2017, 07:39 PM
I bow down to pray I try to make the worse seem better Lord show me the way To cut through all this worn out leather I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away But baby I just need one good one to stay
job
student
daniel's pack
aff.
jade
alias

This was, frankly speaking, not an ideal scenario. Peter was not a rule-breaker. He didn’t loiter in places after hours; that wasn’t a life for him. He had told his parents that he would be home, and he was determined not to break that promise. He had been sure that, with a few polite calls, perhaps, he would be fine. This had been ruined by Sasha Petrov turning up, and although Peter had gotten the first jibe in, that wouldn’t really last. Glancing down to ensure that Sasha was even telling the truth, he didn’t even know why he bothered; it was so dark in there, despite the glow of street lamps outside, that Sasha could have been wearing clown shoes and Peter wouldn’t have been able to see. This only internally irked him more; he was obviously supposed to be on the other side of the gate.

“Technically, it was two slip-ups. Your laces, and your choice in storage solutions,” he pointed out, still willing to point out that his own folder selections were much stronger and he wouldn’t hear a word against that. He doubted that Sasha would appreciate the shade- no pun intended- but really, what else was there for him to do when trapped here? In fact, at Sasha’s comment, he paused, suddenly put on the spot. The truth, of course, was that he hadn’t had time to think of a solution to his problem and carry it out. The idea of confessing this, however, seemed impossible. He had started this conversation off on the right foot and he was determined to continue acting like he knew exactly what he was doing and what was going on. He was obviously the one more qualified to make decisions here, simply based on- he didn’t know- superior folder choices and a strong dress sense.

“I have,” he decided, even though, fine, he hadn’t. But whatever came out, he was going to go with it. The gates were, presumably, all locked- but he wouldn’t know until he checked each one, and he simply didn’t have the time to walk the entire gardens looking for an unlocked gate. He’d be there all night if he did. “I was going to go to the Treetop Walkway and see if I could spot an open gate or perhaps a groundskeeper's home from there,” he explained, confident and sure of this solution that he had thought of approximately two seconds previously. “You’re welcome,” he continued in the same tone of voice, as though any other option would be ridiculous but only because he had logically made more sense, “to join me.”

sasha / clothes /

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
sasha petrov
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 08:08 AM
And after the storm, I run and run as the rains come And I look up, I look up, On my knees and out of luck, I look up. Night has always pushed up day You must know life to see decay But I won't rot, I won't rot
job
student
gerard's pack
aff.
leah
alias

HUSBAND // OUTFIT // 415 WORDS
Sasha’s initial panic had now been replaced with thorough annoyance. Honestly, what did this boy think? He could just waltz into Kew Gardens where Sasha was not only stuck, but was visibly distressed on being stuck, and continue to criticize his stationery choices? Peter Summers may think he was better than Sasha, but he really wasn’t. Especially not when it came to picking folders, because Sasha was always going superior in that regard, thank you very much. “Do not talk to me about storage solutions,” he replied with distinctly furrowed brows, “You don’t know anything about them.” He pulled his arms across his chest and stood there glaring at Peter defiantly, making his disapproval of the other boy abundantly clear.

He was, however, distracted from his somewhat aggressive defence of twin-pocket folders by Peter’s insistence that he’d found a way out. Sasha was skeptical, not at all willing to trust his arch-nemesis’ instincts, but seeing that he had no other choice, he had to follow Peter to the said Treetop Walkway. “Don’t look so smug,” Sasha retorted, steadily keeping pace with the other boy as they made their way to the walkway’s entrance, “We don’t know how helpful this is going to be yet. It may turn out a total bust, seeing as it’s your idea.” As freely as Sasha criticized Peter, he realized he still didn't have a better idea of his own and was still (however grudgingly) following Peter and bumping shoulders with him as they slowly climbed onto the deserted walkway. Panting a little from the surprisingly long climb, Sasha walked along the bridge, Peter still close enough by his side that their hands continued to brush. Looking down from where they were, Kew Gardens looked almost like an endless maze with all its abundant conservatories and foliage, and yet, the sight was oddly breathtaking. Sasha had to take a moment to just admire the place, struck by how vast and majestic it was. On any other day, he would be revelling in the view; would probably be sitting here curled up with a book and enjoying the solitude; but for now he had Peter still beside him and that was enough to sour his mood. “Do you see anything?” Sasha retorted, frustrated that he was stuck with Peter so close to him, “Did your oh-so-clever plan succeed?”

--------------------
there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears; and love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
user posted image
PM
^
peter summers
 Posted: May 6 2017, 01:39 AM
job
student
daniel's pack
aff.
jade
alias

“I know mine are better,” Peter pointed out as though this was incredibly obvious. There was no point in getting defensive over it, he thought, feeling like if he was in the right, the best thing to do was to just accept it; in fact, he was often in the right and though he didn’t know much about Sasha, he knew enough to know that he had, so far, managed to help with fallen books, point out good stationery choices and now- well, he was apparently going to single-handedly get them out of Kew Gardens with his ingenuity. He felt like it was a test of his brainpower and, now with Sasha there, he had to prove that he was smarter. On the other hand, he hadn’t seen Sasha come up with any smart solutions in the time they’d been there, so he was already winning.

He knew the location of the Walkway from his earlier walk around the place and he led the way, eyes half-fixed on the shadowy structure in the distance and half on the paths they were on, looking rather determined and all-knowing about this. At Sasha’s comment, therefore, he cast him a look. “I’m not,” he argued, pretty sure he looked as he always did and that Sasha might just be imagining any level of smugness from him. He even, out of pure kindness, ignored the comment about his idea being a bad one; he thought it was probably the best he was going to get, considering their location and the lack of people around. At the walkway, he left his textbook on the nearest bench, hoping he’d grab it on the way down, and having both hands free allowed him to keep pace with Sasha on the way up. He was privately glad that he was, in fact, supernatural; there would be something vaguely embarrassing about getting out of breath halfway up.

In fact, standing at the top of Kew Gardens didn’t make him feel any better about getting out of there. It was incredibly pretty- but it would have been nicer in the daylight, he thought. Still, maintaining composure, he rested his hands on the railing as he peered out over the gardens, trying to spot something helpful. What he saw, even with stronger werewolf vision, was a lot of locked gates and no lights or people. “I see that we’re definitely on our own,” he decided, still looking over the gardens in case he missed something. Not particularly short at all, he still tip-toed as though that would help. “Would you like to look for phone reception or shelter?” he enquired as though this were an entirely normal question to ask. He managed, with great focus, to ensure his tone was still as all-knowing and calm as ever; here was Peter, offering completely normal and acceptable solutions to a problem, Sasha could never hope to match up.

sasha / clothes /

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
sasha petrov
 Posted: May 22 2017, 06:37 PM
job
student
gerard's pack
aff.
leah
alias

HUSBAND // OUTFIT // 388 WORDS
It was evident that they were on their own, neither of them having spotted any signs of life even from the high vantage point the walkway offered, but Peter spelling it out like that made the horrific realization sink in further. Sasha had already had a terrible day, but to make things even worse, he was now stuck in a huge maze-like garden with no visible way out and his worst enemy for company. He let out an audible groan, making his frustration abundantly clear (as if it wasn’t already). Though it wasn’t technically Peter’s fault that they hadn’t yet found a way out, Sasha chose to blame him anyway. Peter Summers and his ridiculous sweater vests and stationery elitism and penchant for collecting Sasha’s books when they fell everywhere had so far only brought disaster to his life. “My phone’s battery died earlier,” he pouted, “Or else I would’ve tried to call someone sooner.” Turning to Peter with unimpressed glare, he said, “Why don’t you try your cell?” He was sure Peter, being the infuriatingly put-together person that he was, would definitely have a logical retort for that too, so Sasha continued, not waiting for his answer, “We could go to one of the greenhouses or conservatories for shelter? They should be cosy enough to wait in until someone came around.”

Pleased with his suggestion (which he was convinced was the most practical thing to do), Sasha made his way back down the walkway again, Peter close on his heels. He’d almost hoped Peter wouldn’t follow, but of course, Sasha wasn’t going to be that lucky. They kept walking in the general direction of where Sasha hoped the conservatories would be, and soon enough, they spotted the Alpine House. Getting a little excited, Sasha rushed over to its entrance, hoping against hope that it wouldn’t be shut yet, and to his immense relief, it wasn’t. “We should wait here,” he announced very seriously, as if that wasn’t already obvious, “And we could also look at some interesting plants in the process.” It wasn’t the most ideal situation, being holed up in a greenhouse with his worst enemy, but at least the prospect of admiring botanical phenomena made it marginally tolerable.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
peter summers
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 10:14 PM
job
student
daniel's pack
aff.
jade
alias

Peter frowned automatically at the thought of Sasha’s phone dying earlier on, finding this faintly ridiculous in a strange way. Clearly, Sasha should learn to reserve his battery for emergencies like this, and had probably wasted all of his time on Facebook, for instance, rather than thinking ahead that being able to phone someone would be more appropriate in this situation. At the question being shot at him, he reached for his own phone, as if to prove that he did, in fact, have his phone on hand, fully-charged, and possessing a rather strong torch. Unlocking it with the air of someone who had just written their magnum opus and would be showing it off at every opportunity, he paused at the sight of the symbols at the top. “No phone signal,” he offered judiciously, feeling this was at least far more appropriate than no phone at all. Clearly, if he’d had phone signal, he would have been able to phone someone; this was out of his hands.

Still, the walkway was a bust, in the conventional sense. It hadn’t offered a way out; largely, it had told him he was locked in. He considered this thought as he headed down the stairs, following Sasha to see whether his smart suggestion would pay off. He didn’t know how warm the areas would be this time of year, but he was willing to find out, still periodically checking his phone for signal. He was surprised to find the greenhouses open and he dithered at the doorway before deciding that it wasn’t a bad thing to do if he was trying to find a way out. “How long,” he started, examining the nearest plant, a large creeper-looking thing that loomed over them, “do you intend to stay here?” He didn’t think his solution worked either; pretty as it could be, a greenhouse at night seemed somewhat sinister.

sasha / clothes /

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
sasha petrov
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 07:43 PM
job
student
gerard's pack
aff.
leah
alias

HUSBAND // OUTFIT // 443 WORDS
Sasha had been supremely pleased when he’d suggested they take shelter in the greenhouse, but Peter’s skepticism considerably dampened his mood. He scowled at the other boy, hoping that since he had no concrete answer to the question, he could simply quell Peter’s general sarcasm by a withering look. But alas, he had no such luck. Peter continued to annoy him with just his mere presence. “As long as it takes,” Sasha replied, purposefully vague, appearing to know what he was doing even though he really wasn’t, “It’s only a matter of time until someone comes along to close down or tidy up the place. They’ll probably have the keys to unlock the main exit.” He made it sound so logical that he almost believed it himself, positive that the plan would work. In reality, there were so many loopholes in the plan that he didn’t even want to begin to take it apart. He was pretty sure if he thought about it too hard he’d have yet another anxiety attack.

So he chose to distract himself by wandering around the place, trying to hum under his breath as he examined the exotic plants at display. He hadn’t ever been in a greenhouse this big before, and he had to admit that it was more than a little fascinating. He ran his fingers softly along the spine of the plants, inhaling their scents wherever he could, and carefully reading all the placards attached to them which held added information about every species. He almost forgot about Peter for a blissful moment, but alas, the bliss didn’t last long and he found himself, yet again, standing far too close to Peter for comfort. “I-uh..” Sasha shuffled awkwardly and extricated himself, trying to put some distance between them. He felt terribly self-conscious, a tad unnerved by how he continuously kept coming into such close proximity with Peter. He shrugged off his jacket, feeling a little too warm all of a sudden. He told himself it was just the stuffy atmosphere of the greenhouse, but the scattered beating of his heart proved otherwise. He paced in circles for a few minutes, aware of how stupid he probably looked, and then finally found a spot in a corner and settled there. “I’ll just stand here and, uh, wait. And you can--you can wait anywhere you want.” Sasha sounded remarkably less self-assured than he did when they’d entered the greenhouse, so he desperately tried to steady his voice, not wanting to show weakness in front of the boy who was the very bane of his existence.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.