» staff
» updates
19th -- vote for your favourites in the three year awards +here!

1st april -- check out this month's announcements +here!

» spotlights

Add Reply
New Poll

you wear those shoes and i will wear that dress., caspar!
lettie bridgerton
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 12:10 AM
has Rep: 4 pts
Hold onto hope if you got it Don't let it go for nobody And they say that dreaming is free But I wouldn't care what it cost me
job
student
--
aff.
jade
alias

you're my candy girl, the kind with the swirls
Lettie really had only stopped in for a quick coffee that afternoon but, between a new book she’d bought, the sudden burst of torrential rain, and an exhausting day of graduate job hunting (some of us had legacies to avoid!), sitting down for fifteen minutes had become getting utterly engrossed in her new book. She had finished her drink ages ago, but no one had kicked her off her table, probably because she had inadvertently hidden herself away in a corner where no one really spot her without trying. She didn’t mind. She hardly noticed when it got dark outside and the coffee shop started to turn on the lights, nor when the clientele changed from harried shoppers to much more leisurely vampires. She didn’t notice when new people strolled in and, in fact, she might have accidentally stayed there even longer if not for two issues: the first was that her neck started to hurt from poring over the book so much, and the second was that she could sense some sort of commotion near her table, and she wanted to know what it was.

Looking up, she didn’t know what she expected (maybe an overzealous pushchair user or something), but she ended up looking directly at Caspar, which had a dual effect of being both very surprising and nerve-wracking. She didn’t know he had been there. How long had he been there? How long had she been there? “Oh! Caspar!” she started, trying to sound casual and effortless, but, in a bid to look super chill, almost ended up whacking her empty mug off the table, only managing to stop it by throwing her book down before it skittered right off the edge. Somehow, this didn’t strike her as a favourable impression, but maybe he’d be impressed by… how she hadn’t broken it? She didn’t know. “Um, hi! Again. How are you?” she asked, feeling weirdly formal for it and then realising maybe he wasn’t lurking by her half-empty table just to hang out. “Sorry, were you looking for somewhere to sit?” She had been a total table-hog, and she hadn’t meant to be!

caspar / clothes /

--------------------
that smile's gonna take you places and i know you wanna see some faces
user posted image
PMEmail
^
caspar bertram
 Posted: Feb 20 2018, 05:32 PM
Genius only comes along In storms of fabled foreign tongues Tripping eyes, and flooded lungs Northern downpour sends its love
job
artist
n/a
aff.
vicki
alias

I don't know what I'm supposed to do, Haunted by the ghost of you. Oh, take me back to the night we met
Caspar had spent the day doing what he usually did most days; trailing art galleries, criticising his own work, wrinkling his nose when people praised said work and drinking copious amounts of coffee (both terrible and amazing). Though he knew his life might have been seen as boring to outsiders, not exactly big on change (he really did suffer as a vampire), he was perfectly content with his simple routine. It also included stopping at his favourite coffee shop (not that he had favourite things, but he frequented it quite often so he decided that it must have made it his favourite). Stepping in to the relatively quiet café, most of the commuters and shoppers now home, leaving only a few stragglers and vampires like himself, he made his way to the counter.

Leisurely glancing around, he wasn’t expecting to see anyone of interest but there, in the corner, was the familiar blonde hair of Lettie and amid the surprise he felt, he also felt extremely nervous, causing him to bump into the chair in front of him. Feeling her eyes on him, he wanted to disappear but he was frozen on the spot. He could only smile awkwardly when she said his name, although he felt marginally better when he watched her nearly knock her mug off the table. ”Hi again.” He started, unsure of himself and lamely repeating Lettie’s words back to her. ”I’m good. How are you?” Shuffling on his feet, he shook his head at her question. ”No! I was just coming in for coffee. I mean, I will need to sit down while I drink my coffee, but I…” He trailed off, fumbling his words and wishing he would die all over again. ”I mean, yes I am. Looking for a seat, that is.” .

lettie│outfit
love, libby

--------------------
user posted image
amazing set by page thirteen. @ tda
PM
^
lettie bridgerton
 Posted: Mar 31 2018, 11:47 AM
Hold onto hope if you got it Don't let it go for nobody And they say that dreaming is free But I wouldn't care what it cost me
job
student
--
aff.
jade
alias

you're my candy girl, the kind with the swirls
Lettie couldn’t help but feel endeared slightly- not in a weird way but after making a mess of herself, it was a relief that she was not the only one stumbling over her words, because she had felt like Caspar might get suspicious and ask her to explain why on Earth she was doing stupid things and the answer was that she didn’t know. (Okay, she did know. But she didn’t want to think it out loud because it was ridiculous!) Trying to look non-threatening but not entirely sure how she did that (look like herself?), she shrugged. “I’m good too,” she agreed, not sure she would have said if she was otherwise anyway, but that wasn’t the point.

She thought she had asked a relatively simple question, all things considered, but he seemed to treat it like she had asked for an entire essay of sorts about the spare seat. She didn’t know what she would even talk to him about, because something about immediately diving back into her book felt rude, somehow. She didn’t want to just immediately ask his opinion on every piece of art ever, just to see if they agreed, but at the same time, she totally did. “Yeah, that one’s free,” she said, trying to subtly kick her bag closer to herself so that he might have leg room. “Have you, um, see any good art recently?” she asked, internally cringing at her attempt to be casual.

caspar / clothes /

--------------------
that smile's gonna take you places and i know you wanna see some faces
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.