» staff
» updates
20th february -- save your characters in this month's activity check +here!

18th february -- supernatural sign ups are now open +here!

» spotlights

Add Reply
New Poll

i feel like coming undone, stephen!
nadia snow
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 12:05 AM
has Rep: 8 pts
You pick me up and take me home again Head out the window again We're hollow like the bottles that we drain You drape your wrists over the steering wheel Pulses can drive from here We might be hollow, but we're brave
job
ballet dancer
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

Drink up your movements, still I can't get enough

Nadia was fine! She was! She had only had one glass... or was it two? Maybe three if you counted the first one... of something, she had forgotten quite what it was. She knew Stephen wouldn't notice, she was a wonderful actress, of course! She knew she shouldn't have done it, but not drinking was remarkably hard and she'd just thought it would calm her nerves. After all, having to go on a date where she couldn't drink seemed like a lot, and frankly, what if he didn't like her company when she was a sober, slightly anxious mess? What if he just didn't like her sober at all? She knew he had been helping her very patiently, but that hardly meant talking about anything important when it mostly revolved around the fact she drank too much. On a date she had to make actual conversation, and she had to do so without a safety net. No one could fault anything she said when she drank, because after all, she was just drunk! Now, what came out of her mouth was simply who she was, and she'd never particularly been fond of that.

She felt better now that she'd had something to drink, a relief had spread through her. She'd had another one because it had felt so good, and then a third once she'd realised Stephen was going to be upset with her. She didn't want to lose him, but she felt it might be an inevitability. Either he was going to get tired of her failures, or he would see her for what she truly was, and she enjoyed neither outcome. A terrible part of her was ready to destroy their relationship herself if it spared her the fact he would leave her anyway. In a way, this was part of that.

She'd shown up a few minutes late, admittedly because she'd almost considered cancelling. No, though, she could act her way through it and he would never notice. Besides, he'd booked a wonderful boat trip for the two of them and she would hate to leave him alone on a boat of all things. When she finally stepped on, giving him a bright smile and a kiss on the cheek. "I'm rather glad you didn't leave without me, navigating around the lives of other people is so awfully hard this time of day," She lied easily, realising all too late she shouldn't have gotten too close to him, but perhaps he hadn't noticed!

tag: bae! | outfit

--------------------
choose your last words, this is the last time cause you and i, we were born to die
user posted image
PMEmail
^
stephen knight
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 12:30 AM
has Rep: 8 pts
Another head aches, another heart breaks I am so much older than I can take And my affection, well it comes and goes I need direction to perfection, no no no no Help me out
job
accountant
n/a
aff.
jade
alias

It’s a privilege to be loved by you.
Stephen wasn’t big on celebrating Valentine’s day, specifically, so it was safe to say Nadia was bringing it out of him, but after all, he had a girlfriend and they were romantics, so they fulfilled all of the requirements to celebrate the holiday. They might have had a few struggles since Christmas, but this was sort of the nature of relationships, and he didn’t give up because of a minor setback- not that excessive drinking struck him as a minor setback but he liked Nadia enough to want this to work very much and that made him rather more willing to keep at it. Anyway, she had done well enough recently. They didn’t spend every evening together or anything and he definitely still got some texts where he was suspicious of her level of inebriation when she sent them, but when they were together, she seemed to respect the fact he was not comfortable with alcohol being present with them. It had had a good effect on him; less drinking meant that his numbers weren’t messing up as much as they had before.

He had arrived on time at the boat ride they were supposed to take which, while it featured no alcohol, still featured a nice view of London and a good callback to how they’d met. Nadia, however, was late, which wasn’t like her, not when it came to them being together. She certainly wouldn’t keep him waiting, because it just didn’t strike as something she would like to do, but, still, he waited, looking a little confused at this turn of events. Fortunately, she turned up eventually, not horrendously late, and he brightened up immediately. “Hello, stranger,” he greeted, as he did tend to when they met up at date locations (as opposed to travelling there together). He’d held out a hand to help her onto the boat, about to tell that he quite appreciated this ensemble on her, when she stepped closer and, in any other circumstance, he would quite like a kiss on the cheek, being a traditionalist. Except this time, he was sure he smelt wine. “Have you been drinking again?”

nadia / clothes /

--------------------
we're holding our own in a great big storm -
user posted image
and though we're cutting it close, we won't let go.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.