» staff
» updates
15th september -- supernatural sign ups are now open +here!

» spotlights

Closed
New Poll

i'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, isla!
daisy danbury
 Posted: Feb 27 2017, 06:45 PM
has Rep: 9 pts
In a minute, I'll be hoping that you're outside Another second, you'll be walking on my wild side You know I'm ready for anything to happen Take this passion, turn it into action
job
intern
east coven
aff.
leah
alias

you've got my head spinning, no kidding
ISLA <3 // OUTFIT // 522 WORDS

It wasn’t every day big, significant assignments came Daisy’s way. In fact, since being a vampire didn’t win her any favors with the rest of the Ministry, she was often relegated to the sidelines and made to do something menial or totally below her pay grade instead of given a chance to work on the more important pieces of legislation. It was frustrating, but Daisy knew how to persevere. She didn’t let the stubbornness of her colleagues bother her and kept circling the case files like a hawk, ready to pounce on something whenever she got a chance, especially the ones where she knew she’d prove to be an invaluable source of help. And that’s how she had stumbled upon Isla Lee’s case - a petition to let her adopt children as a vampire - and had instantly made her move. It was a cause Daisy was ridiculously passionate about, and she just knew she had to be on this case, had to advocate for this woman and help her find justice. To her greatest astonishment and pleasure, things had, for once, worked out for her. Vita had intervened with the higher-ups and Daisy had been relentless in her determination, and finally, having had no other choice but to humor her, Daisy’s bosses had put her on the case. Though of course, she still had to report to Vita and didn’t have full control, but that wasn’t much of a big deal since Vita was basically the best person to work under.

Daisy had been thorough with her research (it being her first important assignment and all) and had looked up everything she could find on Isla, studying her situation minutely. They’d scheduled a preliminary meeting, which fortunately, her superiors had let her conduct on her own since it was mainly for the purpose of information gathering and verifying the details of her situation. As she waited for Isla in the tiny conference room the ministry had so kindly provided for this meeting, Daisy poured herself some coffee and went through the files again, trying to think of ways in which she could circumvent the extremely rigid system in place when it came to vampire adoption. About fifteen to twenty minutes passed when she heard a hesitant knock on the door, and looking up, found her client there, seeming a little shy. Armed with her widest and most charming smile, Daisy got up to greet her. “Oh hello, Miss Lee!” she said as she shook the other vampire’s hand, “I’m Daisy, and I’ll be helping you out with your case.” Gesturing her to take the seat right opposite Daisy’s, she continued, “I hope you didn’t have much trouble finding the place. I know the building’s old and shoddy.” She couldn’t help but roll her eyes a little, as she was prone to do whenever she got a chance to diss this the archaic nature of this place, but soon snapped out of it and shifted her focus back to Isla. “Do you want coffee, tea, or anything else before we begin?”

--------------------
user posted image
wildest dreams@tda makes perfect things.
PM
^
isla lee
 Posted: Mar 1 2017, 02:57 AM
has Rep: 7 pts
I bow down to pray I try to make the worse seem better Lord, show me the way To cut through all his worn out leather I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away But baby, I just need one good one to stay
job
homicide detective
south coven
aff.
hannah
alias

my fingers laced together and I made a little prison

Isla knew to some degree that going after her right to adopt was a fruitless venture. She was a vampire now, she had to accept the consequences that came with that. Even so, she'd not had much trouble adapting to bloodlust - she was already a woman with a very high sense of control - and she knew what she wanted, what she refused to lose, and that was her chance to raise a child. It was hard to explain why it was so important to her, but it had been part of her plan, and if she could have nothing else, if she could not have the perfect marriage and career, then she wanted the child she deserved. To be a mother was a great thing, a responsibility that Isla did not take lightly, and she wanted the chance that her own mother had ripped away from her, she wanted to see her child grow up, to make a mark on the world. She wanted to make up for the mistakes her grandparents had made with her, to prove that she was warmer and could love more than anyone suspected of her. There was a deep passion in Isla, she had always put it all into the idea of motherhood. So, it was this that compelled her to talk to the Department of Supernatural Affairs, that had her scheduling appointments and referals and talking to people on the phone as calmly as possible until they would listen to her. She knew what she got was a simple way to brush her under the carpet, to have someone look at her case, and no doubt tell her it was impossible, but she was going to try anyway.

Perfectly on time, impeccably dressed, and with no visible signs of nervousness, Isla arrived to her meeting. She knew the name of the girl she was meeting, and what to bring along with her, but otherwise she had yet to work out what to expect. She suspected there would be no good outcome right away, but she could fight for what she wanted, as placid as she might seem to those who did not know her. Having been lead to the correct door, she knocked politely, thanking the person who had shown her the way, and entered when invited. Isla would always have her perfect manners and graces, they carried her through more than anyone could imagine. "It's lovely to meet you," Isla said, her soft voice still held a presence as she surveyed the small room carefully. She could see she was hardly being given the star treatment, but as she held no expectations she had yet to be disappointed. She took her seat, crossing her ankles carefully and placing her purse by her side, her hands clasped gently on her lap. "Not at all, I had some idea where it was, and the power of Google helped with the rest," She assured Daisy, deciding it was best not to comment on the state of the building, after all, she could see how important the supernatural creatures were to those in high government. "A cup of tea would be perfect," Isla told her out of habit, only remembering latently that she didn't particularly need it, but she supposed it would be nice to have something to do with her hands whilst she spoke to Daisy. "I appreciate you meeting with me," Isla commented lightly, "I know my case isn't an easy one."

tag: wife! | outfit

--------------------
living in ruins of a palace within my dreams
user posted image
PMEmail
^
daisy danbury
 Posted: Mar 14 2017, 05:08 AM
In a minute, I'll be hoping that you're outside Another second, you'll be walking on my wild side You know I'm ready for anything to happen Take this passion, turn it into action
job
intern
east coven
aff.
leah
alias

WIFE // OUTFIT // 382 WORDS
As Isla looked around the room, Daisy had a chance to look more closely at her. The younger vampire had a soft, almost hesitant quality to her which Daisy couldn’t help but find a tiny bit endearing, a tiny bit heartwarming. She was suddenly all the more determined to help this woman, in every way possible - she felt like Isla deserved it, deserved someone who would fight for her. “It’s lovely to meet you too,” Daisy replied with her signature luminous smile, following it up with a mellow giggle at Isla’s quip about using Google. Once Isla settled into the chair beside her, Daisy got up to pour them both some tea from the meagre teapot the Ministry had so squeamishly provided for this meeting, and set the cups on the table. “Ah yes, it’s definitely not an easy case,” she sighed in between smiles, “but I’m going to do everything in my power to get you that adoption permit, rest assured.” She hoped that what she lacked in experience (and influence), she could make up for with sheer enthusiasm and willpower.

“Now, to review the specifics of your case,” she continued, rifling through her files again, “You were turned fairly recently, am I right?” She paused briefly to look directly into Isla’s eyes, knowing the subject had potential to be a sensitive one. She wanted to assure the other vampire that it was okay to talk about it, that this was a safe space, that Daisy was going to be more than understanding about every little detail of Isla’s situation. “If you don’t mind, would you like to elaborate a little bit on why you want to adopt?” She briefly wondered whether squeezing Isla’s hand (to offer comfort, of course) would be a little too forward, but decided to do it anyway. This was a difficult thing to talk about for any vampire, and judging from how skittish Isla seemed, it was more so for her. The least Daisy could do was to hold her hand through this uncomfortable conversation. And if Isla’s hand was softer and more beautiful than she was expecting it to be, she was definitely not going to dwell on that fact at all.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
isla lee
 Posted: Mar 27 2017, 10:54 PM
I bow down to pray I try to make the worse seem better Lord, show me the way To cut through all his worn out leather I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away But baby, I just need one good one to stay
job
homicide detective
south coven
aff.
hannah
alias

Isla couldn’t help but immediately examine the girl – working out who you were dealing with was usually the best start to getting what you were want. Of course, she doubted that this girl was going to be too much of a hurdle, she was bubbly and sweet and held a certain charm to her that Isla suspected could be helpful should Daisy be on her side. Isla suspected she wouldn’t be adverse to the case, unless she planned to tell her it was a definite no with a bright grin on her face, but Isla knew that her own optimism could work against her, and instead considered it at a reserved distance until she knew whether it was worth investing hope in. ”That’s very kind of you,” Isla told her with a gentle smile. She appreciated Daisy already, she was clearly enthusiastic, and whilst Isla suspected it would not be easy, she was sure her determination was not false. Of course, she bit her tongue in asking how exactly Daisy planned to do this, sure that this would become apparent soon enough.

Isla nodded in confirmation, taking a sip of her tea, keeping the cup in her hand for something to do for the moment. ”Yes, only a few months ago,” Isla explained – she could talk about it clinically, of course, when she had to. The specifics of her turning had to be said, it was how she felt about it that she struggled to explain to those around her. She was never very forthcoming with feelings, however, preferring to seem calm in the face of all adversity, whether it was the truth or not. Isla opened her mouth to explain her situation, after all, the tale would certainly provide sympathy, and found herself cut off with the mild surprise of her free hand being taken. She blinked ever so slightly, but did not pull away from Daisy’s soft hand, rather touched she thought that so much comfort was necessary. ”I intended to adopt before I was turned, my husband at the time was turned into a werewolf, and I didn’t want to risk a werewolf child, so we divorced, and I planned to adopt a child by myself. Then, of course, I was turned, and truly have no other choice,” Isla explained. Of course, she looked sad, but it didn’t betray her calmness too much, as she was only left with the smallest of frowns, and a look in her eye that only those who had their life turned to ruin could possess.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
daisy danbury
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 07:13 PM
job
intern
east coven
aff.
leah
alias

WIFE // OUTFIT // 514 WORDS
Daisy listened quietly and intently as Isla talked about her werewolf ex-husband and her unexpected turning, holding the other vampire’s hand as tenderly as possible and offering light squeezes whenever she sensed her grow more tense. Isla was trying her best to appear calm and neutral, but the sadness in her eyes was palpable -which broke Daisy’s heart a little. She suddenly felt an inexplicable rush of affection for this woman and felt the need to comfort her, to tell her that everything would be okay, that vampirism isn’t half-bad once you get used to it, that the adoption - though a tricky thing to make happen - would eventually come through. But alas, she was in no position to offer such reassurances, being technically still a stranger. All she could do was put another hand on Isla’s shoulder and say, “You’re going to be fine.”

Daisy stared deep into her eyes, trying to communicate her support and all the whole host of confusing emotions she was experiencing at the moment. “I was turned without my consent too,” she replied softly, almost in a whisper. Daisy hardly talked about her traumatic turning these days, preferring to put that behind and focus on the present. But she figured it wouldn’t hurt opening up to Isla a little. Perhaps, the knowledge that Daisy was a vampire too, and had to struggle with it too once upon a time, would put her a little at ease. “It wasn’t...nice at all at first. But I made it through, and you will too. You’ll get to have a child, and you’ll be an amazing mother. I’m sure of it.” She squeezed Isla’s hand again, this time a little firmer.

The air had shifted between them, had gotten more...serious, in a way. Daisy’s heart was beating faster than usual, and she had to quickly tamp it down. She had to defuse the tension and get back to business. “Anyway,” she said, trying to revert back to her initial breezy tone and gently letting go of Isla’s hand to focus back on the papers in front of her, “Uh, you’ve filled in all the appropriate forms, and I’m going to file an official petition on your behalf.” Her tone was businesslike, but she still couldn’t help but be affected by the woman in front of her, and her beautiful, sad eyes. She still couldn’t help but be as tender, as warm, as possible. “But the anti-vampire laws here are extremely strict, and the Ministry isn’t often willing to budge on them. So we’re going to have to put up a fight, you and I.” The words came out sounding a little more intimate than Daisy had initially intended, and she had to pause to catch her breath. But once she looked up at Isla again, she realized she meant it. She was willing to go down fighting for this woman, hook line and sinker. And it didn’t matter that she’d only just met her.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
isla lee
 Posted: May 15 2017, 02:43 AM
job
homicide detective
south coven
aff.
hannah
alias

Isla never really considered herself someone who needed sympathy. It wasn’t something she had ever had much of as a child, and she had learned to go along without it, she wouldn’t even say she was very good at giving real sympathy in return, generally simply accepting pain as a part of life. Still, the fact Daisy was so intent on comforting her brought a tint of amusement to her expression, allowing her to do so without complaint because she thought it was sweet, and very kind, even if it was unnecessary. ”Of course,” Isla said with a measured smile, not someone to milk her pain, certainly not in public, and she would be fine – of course, if she got what she wanted.

Of course, being turned without consent was the sort of thing that had bothered Isla immensely about her turning, but there was very little she could do about it now. It was done now, and as much as she could waste time hating the person who had hurt her she had no choice but to move on with her life. It did nothing to please her that Daisy had shared the same experience, and whilst the surge of anger towards anyone who do something terrible to Daisy was rather immediate, she knew it was strange to feel protective of someone she had only just met and she decided to push that away in favour of concentrating on the matter at hand. ”I’m very sorry to hear that,” Isla said gently, no trace of the protectiveness in her voice or expression. ”I appreciate your faith in me, it means a lot to me,” Isla added with the lightest of smiles, deciding she trusted this girl.

Isla allowed Daisy to reset the meeting to something more professional without any complaint, nodding thoughtfully at her explanation of the whole process, Isla expected it wasn’t going to be even remotely simple and Daisy easily confirmed this. Isla looked up at the suddenness of being told they would do something together, and for once the smile she gave Daisy wasn’t entirely practiced, she really did like her, the determination was more than admirable. ”I can put up a fight,” Isla promised, her soft voice probably doing nothing to make it sound convincing, but she let just a hint of herself into her expression, just enough to let Daisy know there was a little more than the poised woman she saw in front of her. It was gone as quickly as it came, and Isla returned to her softened look. ”Of course, I don’t expect anything to happen immediately, but do you perhaps have an idea when the paperwork will be processed?” Isla asked, thinking it would be good to have a time frame in her diary before they met again.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
daisy danbury
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 08:30 PM
job
intern
east coven
aff.
leah
alias

WIFE // OUTFIT // 407 WORDS
The rush of affection and protectiveness Daisy felt towards Isla was unprecedented. Daisy saw countless clients on a daily basis, many of them bringing in grievances that were far graver than Isla’s, and yet, there was something different about this woman. Daisy felt a level of empathy with her that she hadn’t with anyone before, and she was stunned by the intensity of it, suddenly overcome by how deeply attached she felt to Isla. “You deserve every bit of my faith,” Daisy replied, soft and slow, and meaning every word. “You’re a wonderful woman, Isla. And you will be alright, no matter what happens.” The minute the words were out her mouth, Daisy had a sneaking suspicion that they weren’t just empty platitudes. If Isla didn’t, somehow, end up alright on the other side of this, Daisy was going to make sure she did. And really, when Daisy was determined to see something through, very little could stop her - not even the combined forces of the Ministry of Supernatural Affairs.

Daisy smiled indulgently when Isla admitted that she could put up a fight. Even though she might not know the other woman too well, Daisy truly believed her. Despite how soft and fragile she looked, Isla had the air of someone who’d seen a lot of terrible things in her life, and had survived it all - and that made her a fighter indeed. The thought only made Daisy want to protect and stand up for her even more, and now she was convinced that she was going to do anything in her power to see this permit come through. Even if she had to personally barge into Daniel Heart’s office and blackmail him into approving it. “I’m not going to sugarcoat it for you, Isla,” she replied, teeth gritted determinedly, “Cases like these take a while. The law is insanely difficult to work around, and the attitudes of the people who work here don’t help things. But I assure you, I’m going to do everything, I mean everything, to make sure you win. I’m with you on this for the long haul, and I hope you can trust me to have your back.” She stared back at Isla, her gaze both fierce and intense, hoping that the look in her eyes adequately conveyed that Daisy was truly prepared to lay down her life for this.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
isla lee
 Posted: Jul 3 2017, 11:55 PM
job
homicide detective
south coven
aff.
hannah
alias

Isla thought that Daisy might be a little quick to have so much faith in her, after all, Isla did not think she was a wonderful, or perfect sort of woman, she was just someone who knew very much what she wanted, and would go to the end of the earth to get it. Still, she knew it was impolite to reject a compliment and she gave a soft smile to Daisy. "I appreciate that very much," Isla told her. Whether it was true or not, if it was enough for Daisy to want to help her, then Isla would not complain, she knew she would not get far without help, and despite her usual independence, she could not do this alone. It took two to make a baby, after all, and in this case, it would be herself and Daisy, no matter what it took.

Of course, Isla was well aware that it would be difficult, and the news confirmed by Daisy did nothing to phase or deter her. She had an eternity, after all, that was perhaps the only benefit of her predicament. If she had to wait a hundred or a thousand years, and fight every day of that to get what she wanted, then certainly that would be what she did. Daisy's determination was, at the very least, a step in the direction she wanted, and Isla smiled at her. "That's truly all I needed to hear," Isla assured her, deciding that if that was all then it was time to take her leave. "You have my number, call me if there's any news at all, otherwise we'll schedule a new meeting when there's some idea of the results of the petition," Isla told her, thinking that this would be more convenient for both of them. She stood up and shook Daisy's hand. "Thank you for your help," Isla said, of course, appreciating it, even in her politeness. Then, she headed out, thinking that at the very least something had been started in that room, it would take time to see where it went.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.