» staff
» updates
22nd june -- save your characters by posting in activity check +here!

» spotlights

Add Reply
New Poll

the study, tag - christian, lucy, violet
a cloaked person
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 09:01 PM
has Rep: 0 pts
Tell me why Ain't nothin' but a heartache Tell me why Ain't nothin' but a mistake Tell me why I never wanna hear you say I want it that way
job
leader
circle of seven
aff.
no one
alias

N/A

room: the study
PARTICIPANTS: CHRISTIAN ALCOTT, LUCY HARMON, VIOLET LOCKWOOD.
The room is bright, but it is not filled with sunlight, per say, more the strange fluorescent lights that only an office building can provide. You are certainly high up, but it doesn’t seem to give you any clue as to where you are, but you can imagine floors and floors of identical rooms below you. The room itself is big, but filled with one long table that is surrounded by lots of important looking chairs. It gives off a strange feeling, however, this is a conference room perhaps, but one that has seen more than the average meeting, something strange occurs here in this big, practically empty room, but you could never quite put your finger on what it was. The scent of coffee still lingers and the lights flicker slightly above you.

The table is almost empty, as you approach you see two plain files waiting in the centre of the table. They are almost asking to be chosen, but you may only choose one, the contents completely unknown to you, however, the choice is important, and the files impressive looking. It is clear you must choose carefully, but you will not choose alone, just know the contents may change everything.

All tagged characters must respond, and a unanimous choice must be made. You have until the 18th of June.
PMEmail
^
lucy harmon
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 11:22 PM
has Rep: 8 pts
oh i don't know what you've been told but this gal right here is gonna rule the world yeah that is where i'm gonna be because i wanna be no i don't wanna sit still, look pretty
job
artist
primus circle
aff.
sammi
alias

Usually one could figure out that they were dreaming by trying to establish how they had gotten there, but in this case Lucy was sure she was awake, but she also wasn’t sure how she had gotten into this room. It smelled like coffee, like some meeting had happened there. The room had an eerie air about it, and Lucy found herself standing over a table which had nothing but two folders on it. Lucy wasn’t alone in the room, she recognized Christian easily and the other woman...well Lucy was more invested in trying to figure out how to proceed from here. She couldn’t remember anything, but that coffee smelt fairly familiar…”So, uh,” she started, gaze shifting over to Christian. ”Obviously one of these needs checked out...or something other than us standing around like mob bosses or whatever.”

It was natural for her to find herself taking charge, or at the very least orchestrating some sort of...control on the situation. If she couldn’t remember how she got there, and she couldn’t feasibly locate a way out, then it was clear that she needed to ensure she got out. She wanted to reach out and just grab one of the folders, but...honestly Lucy wasn’t sure which one she wanted to grab. ”Which one of these look the most...worn to you?” she inquired, hand hovering above them, paint on her hands still wet from what she was working on earlier and Lucy was suddenly glad she wasn’t in the middle of using the pottery wheel when she blacked out and ended up here...it would have been far more messy. ”I think it’s this one, but the lights make everything look off...that’s how office lighting is supposed to work anyway.”

304 words • Outfit with hands covered in paint • mob bosses

PM
^
christian alcott
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 11:38 PM
has Rep: 11 pts
show me your love before the world catches up 'cause there's always time for second guesses i don't wanna know. if you're gonna be the death of me, that's how i wanna go.
job
doctor
primus | h network
aff.
jade
alias

tonight i'll be the libertine ,
tonight just be the death of me
Frankly speaking, Chris had no idea how he had appeared in this room. Working long hours with two organisations, maintaining his home and balancing his social life- these were all reasons to be so exhausted he didn’t remember entering the room, but here he was, accompanied by two women, sure that he hadn’t entered an office in a long time, his one at work notwithstanding as that one was covered in children’s toys and brightly coloured pictures of himself where he resembled a potato. He recognised Lucy; in any other circumstance, he would have given her a smile and enquired about her latest exhibition. He did not recognise the other woman but, after a scrutinising glance, he could surmise that she was also a witch, albeit not one he knew; he did give her a brief smile, mostly because he could handle himself, and he knew Lucy could, but she had just been thrown into a situation with two strangers who knew all sorts of secret things about magic.

This knowledge did not extend to the files on the large table, and he took a step forward to examine them, checking the nearest chair before he rested a hand on it gingerly as though it might be cursed. He was, he’d admit, glad that Lucy had taken the initiative, but only because he had worried that there might be reading involved- and his reading skill was, rather lamentably, not as strong as he’d like it to be; he was not happy admitting a learning difficulty to present company, although he suspected he might have to. “Is that how you’re supposed to decide?” he enquired politely, ready to point out issues in their thinking if they presented themselves; he didn’t want to rush into anything, he wasn’t the sort. Still, he looked at them both very seriously before he proclaimed, “The one on the right,” and turned to their third companion to add, “Don’t you think?”

mob bosses / clothes

--------------------
later that night i held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world
user posted image
and whispered, where does it hurt? it answered everywhere everywhere everywhere.
PMEmail
^
violet lockwood
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 05:04 PM
has Rep: none
Girl ease my mind Liquify I need you mine Can't fake it 'Cause you haunt me, baby I feel you in the wind chill And it's so real, straight through my bones I can only just imagine Your passion, you take me home
job
student
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

N/A

I'm a belle to remember
Do you remember?

Violet had been doing her best to distance herself from magic whilst she was under close watch from her parents, and trying to help Rosie as best as she could. As it stood, disappearing into nowhere from the middle of the street where anyone could see her was not what she called keeping it low key. Looking around the room, her immediate thought was not 'where am i?' But, in fact, was more to the effect of 'what have I done this time?' She didn't trust her magic so much these days, as much as she was pushing its limits to attempt to fix what she had done, it almost wasn't a surprise that she was disappearing into random rooms these days, it was probably just a side effect of what she couldn't control. She didn't entirely realise that it was nothing to do with her, but the thought at least kept her calm as she tried to work out what had happened.

She was not alone, she realised, and whilst she was not concerned how she got there, she was concerned why on earth they were talking like this was entirely normal. She wasn't exactly an experienced enough witch to know other witches when she saw them, and didn't realise that strange magic was a common occurrence for some people. "Um, as fascinating as the files are, are we not... worried...?" She looked between the two faces, assuming they were in the same situation as her, but they both seemed rather calm. She pressed her lips together. "Apparently not then," Violet muttered moreso to herself than the others and looked at the files in front of her. "Sure, the one on the right looks like it'll hold all the answers," She told him, there was a hint of sarcasm, not sure she cared what was in the files, but she was a stressed student she couldn't make decisions for the life of her anyway.

tag: lucy, chris | outfit

--------------------
i've been crossing all the lines, all the lines, kissed your girls and made you cry
user posted image
PMEmail
^
lucy harmon
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 02:15 AM
oh i don't know what you've been told but this gal right here is gonna rule the world yeah that is where i'm gonna be because i wanna be no i don't wanna sit still, look pretty
job
artist
primus circle
aff.
sammi
alias

Frankly, Lucy wasn’t very appreciative of the tone of her fellow witches (as she could say she was pretty in tune to detecting magic and the like). ”Well, I’m not sure how else you would suggest we pick a file to look at considering that seems to be the clear thing to do here.” Lucy was, however, not going to humor the other girl who wanted her to show some concern. Why bother showing concern when she could be working on getting them out of there instead? ”The right one?” she repeated after Christian, narrowing her eyes as she looked down at the files before the other girl weighed in rather sarcastically.

”Okay, rather than being completely unproductive,” Lucy snarked, ”Why don’t you tell me which one you would choose and why?” Lucy hadn’t meant to sound so hostile (really, she didn’t), but she also felt that it was completely counter-productive to actually argue or antagonize one another over this. They were adults, they could have a healthy debate and come to a consensus. Her gaze shifted back to the files before them, trying to concentrate and figure out if one of them felt more...magical in a sense than the other to no avail. ”Honestly Chris, I think you may be right about the one on the right,” she nodded, ”At least from a gut instinct standpoint.” But of course, she wasn’t just going to initiate anything until she had the other woman’s opinion considered as well, as it was only fair since the three of them were stuck in the room together. ”But the sooner we decide, the sooner we can presumably get out of here,” she added, as if this were to assuage the other woman.

304 words • Outfit with hands covered in paint • mob bosses
PM
^
christian alcott
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 08:38 PM
show me your love before the world catches up 'cause there's always time for second guesses i don't wanna know. if you're gonna be the death of me, that's how i wanna go.
job
doctor
primus | h network
aff.
jade
alias

There was briefly a sticky moment, what with the sarcasm and the immediately unhappy response to it, and Chris, who was not pre-disposed to mediating unless he thought he genuinely needed to, had to press his lips together to avoid a smile. The fact remained that it shouldn't have amused him, but he liked that everyone had felt that sarcasm was the appropriate response and, if not, getting irate would be better. Looking between the pair, he finally offered to the younger girl, "If we don't have any answers, then the best thing we can do is make a guess. We don't know what the consequences will be either way, and I've known Lucy long enough to trust her when I need to," he explained seriously, a hint of lecturing in his tone- not enough to be rude, more like he was gently explaining the intricacies of magic as it had once been explained to him. He supposed that while he and Lucy were fine to jump in with something magical and dangerous, it might not seem so simple to someone who hadn't had much experience with the weird and wonderful.

Still, there seemed to be something close to a unanimous decision coming, he was sure; he didn't think there was any need to change his mind - unless, of course, it turned out he had been terribly wrong, which he would need to apologise appropriately for. "Well, my choice still stands then, I think," he considered seriously, looking between the two girls expectantly. He was sure that now, really, was the time to disagree, if they wanted to.

mob bosses / clothes

--------------------
later that night i held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world
user posted image
and whispered, where does it hurt? it answered everywhere everywhere everywhere.
PMEmail
^
violet lockwood
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 11:53 PM
Girl ease my mind Liquify I need you mine Can't fake it 'Cause you haunt me, baby I feel you in the wind chill And it's so real, straight through my bones I can only just imagine Your passion, you take me home
job
student
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

N/A

I'm a belle to remember
Do you remember?

Violet knew her attitude wasn't going to endear anyone but she wasn't the sort of person who had any patience for what she didn't understand, and as much as she was not like her family, the aristocratic air still came through as she stared at the two. They clearly thought themselves much smarter than she was, and she didn't particularly appreciate it. Raising an eyebrow at the girl who demanded her reasons she shook her head thinking it absolutely ridiculous, there was clearly no rhyme or reason to this, you had a fifty/fifty chance of picking something, and frankly, you didn't know what you were picking between so it didn't matter which you chose. "I just don't think it matters," She shot back, "You can't have a reason for picking something when you don't know what it is, and there's no guarantee it'll give us anything helpful." She rolled her eyes, remembering why she usually kept her mouth shut, unfortunately, this called for her opinion.

Her gaze turned to the man who was very calmly lecturing her as though she were a child who had no idea what she was doing. She thought this rather rude as, despite the attitude, she had originally agreed with him when he had asked her opinion. Still the fact they were both acting as though she had no instincts herself was rather irritating, and very much not at all what she wanted. "Yes well you being good friends is all well and good but I'll believe it when your instincts get us out of here," She told them both shortly. Still, she shook her head, deciding she would make the decision unanimous for them, and leaned over to open the right one whether they like it or not.

--------------------
i've been crossing all the lines, all the lines, kissed your girls and made you cry
user posted image
PMEmail
^
a cloaked person
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 04:28 PM
has Rep: 0 pts
Tell me why Ain't nothin' but a heartache Tell me why Ain't nothin' but a mistake Tell me why I never wanna hear you say I want it that way
job
leader
circle of seven
aff.
no one
alias

N/A

You have selected the item on the right.

The single piece of paper in the file has only this information:

Capote, 1966
Dumas, 1844
Verne, 1968
Golding, 1954
Austen, 1817
Foer, 2005
Wells, 1895
Dickens, 1861

Solve the mystery to end the game. Need help? Violet Lockwood seems to be hiding a smartphone on her person.
PMEmail
^
lucy harmon
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 04:44 PM
job
artist
primus circle
aff.
sammi
alias

Lucy likely could have continued to bicker with the other girl in their presence had she not made the move to open the file before them, and rather than deciding to argue or anything along those lines decided to turn her attention to the sheet of paper it contained...founding herself staring at the list of names and dates which was just becoming more and more of a frustration for her. Lucy vaguely recognized some of the names as authors, though she wasn’t much of a reader. If this was a list of painters or other artists she might be able to provide more insight, but alas….”Well, a bunch of dates and uh….I think they’re all authors?” she asked, shrugging, ”At least, I know some of them are.”

However, regardless of whether that was correct or not, Lucy wasn’t sure what to do with that information, or what she was supposed to do considering she absolutely didn’t have her phone on her (she rarely did when she was painting for fear it’d get covered), and so it wasn’t as if she was going to be able to provide an insane amount of information about that year to the author, ”Do either of you know much about...authors and like...the years they did stuff?” she inquired lightly, changing her tone from the condescending one she had been using explicitly before to one more...cordial, as cooperation was going to be more productive, ”Or like...a phone we can google with?”

261 words • Outfit with hands covered in paint • mob bosses
PM
^
christian alcott
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 06:08 PM
job
doctor
primus | h network
aff.
jade
alias

It was evident that the file was particularly empty, and with only one piece of paper in it, Chris couldn't help his frown. He didn't know what use he might really provide, but nevertheless, at the thought of it being full of authors, he frowned, ever so slightly unhappy with this turn of events. Were it a list of medical conditions, he might be able to provide something useful - unfortunately, he didn't like reading, and it gave him a headache from concentrating too much. "I don't," he confessed, deciding to be upfront. "But if you read them out, I might recognise a few; Lilly reads," he offered, wondering if she had ever talked to him about reading very much, but he suspected she mostly complained about it.

Patting himself down for his phone, he could not feel it on his person and emptied his pockets just to double check. He dropped a work ID, a few notes, and a pen on the table, and while the first two seemed useless, he offered Lucy the pen. "This might help for note-taking," he suggested, tucking the other two back into his pocket. He took the chance to take a seat but, somehow, sitting down at the expansive table was not any more comfortable; he could clearly see the room was meant for more people, which made him feel like it would be hard to solve this on their own.

mob bosses / clothes

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
violet lockwood
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 02:23 AM
job
student
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

N/A

I'm a belle to remember
Do you remember?

If Violet was expecting to see anything when she opened the file, it was not a list of authors. She stood there for a long moment silently, rather unimpressed, wondering who was playing games with this one and why the other two in the room were so calm about it. Still, she'd already been told off once for questioning things, and she wasn't prone to speaking up twice when she had been told off - something about growing up with her sort of parents warmed against back-talking, no matter what she was really thinking. "I did literature as an A level," Violet offered finally, not sure she studied all of these but she at least had some basic knowledge.

At the mention of a phone she too looked through her pockets, finding much to her amazement she did have hers on her. She hadn't thought she had, or perhaps this had been too surreal to think of anything logical like a phone. Chewing her lip she pulled it out and offered it forwards. "We can Google, I guess," Violet said, sure she didn't mind people using her phone if it got them out of here. Despite, of course, the fact she would much rather just call someone and get them to find them, she doubted the suggestion to these crazy people was going to be accepted. Still, they apparently had everything they needed, and Violet sat herself down, watching dubiously to see what the bossy lady would have her do next.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
lucy harmon
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 04:18 PM
job
artist
primus circle
aff.
sammi
alias

Lucy easily took the pen from Christian, nodding a quick thank you before turning to the other girl who had apparently some knowledge of literature...plus she seemed to be the only person who had a phone on their person given the group here making her seemingly the most useful. ”Do any of them sound familiar?” she asked, rather calmly, ”I mean, it would be cool if you knew about the dates too, but that would be insane” Lucy was...well being reasonable. She couldn’t expect someone to know the exact date something was published. Even with her extensive art knowledge she could usually identify the artist and that was...about it. She then turned to the paper in question, deciding how she was going to go about taking notes.

She quickly scribbled down on the folder itself all the authors and dates before handing the piece of paper to the girl with the phone, ”I figure it might be easier for you to do searches with the list in front of you as opposed to hoping I know how to pronounce anything,” she offered, sitting down in one of the chairs as well, ”Maybe see if they had anything published in those years?” she suggested, though that seemed to be very common sensical, but Lucy was trying to be a team player here, and if that meant spouting off whatever she could think of from the top of her head, then so be it, and to prove this team player persona she was taking on, she had her pen at the ready, brushed a few loose strands of hair from her face, and was thankful her paint had dried on her hands and arms so she wasn’t tracking random colors about the area as well. ”But then...I’m not sure what we would do from there.”

318 words • Outfit with hands covered in paint • mob bosses
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.