» staff
» updates
8th july -- check out the site event +here!

1st july -- check out the monthly announcements +here!

» spotlights

Closed
New Poll

i promised i wouldn't say goodbye, xavier!
maya atwood
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 12:12 AM
has Rep: 11 pts
Easy come Easy go Is what I’m playing for If I lose Easy come Easy go Will get me through If I had one more day Of all days I’d ask again
job
criminal
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

this old heart, this old heart will stay for you

Maya would admit there was something to the fact she wanted to know about her child. She knew the bare minimum about Lily, and she doubted Xavier was going to budge any time soon on letting him see her. She couldn't take it to the courts either, she had a criminal record and had abandoned her child, whereas Xavier was an upstanding police officer and had raised her, she didn't stand a chance. Her best bet was just to watch from afar and hope that she got past this phase or whatever it was of wanting to see her. Maya was under no illusion that she should be a big part of Lily's life. She had proved already that she was a terrible mother, and she wasn't entirely convinced that could change even if Xavier gave her the chance to try. She couldn't help being curious, though, she had given birth to her, she had held her and looked after her for those first few days, and it was only now that she realised she hadn't appreciated it.

Maya kept her distance, of course, when she arrived at the park that day. She'd gathered their routine, the sort of time he would bring her there, and she knew well enough that if she got spotted she was screwed. Still, she sat herself on a bench, hoping that between pretending to stare at her phone and being a generally inconspicuous looking woman she might manage to stay out of sight. She even enjoyed herself for a little while. She could spot the little girl easily even from the distance she watched, and she enjoyed watching her toddle about the little play area, other children running past, laughing loudly. She was even cute, Maya decided with some satisfaction. She thought perhaps that this would be enough, and she wouldn't have to get closer.

She'd forgotten after a while that she was meant to be paying attention to where Xavier was too. Too lost in what her daughter was doing, a rare smile playing on her face as she watched her. It was only when he was right on top of her that she realised she should have been leaving at least a minute ago. "Shit," She muttered, already standing and hoping that if she just left quickly he'd leave her alone. It was already too late, though, he'd seen her, and she stopped, knowing if she left she lost any chance she had to see more of Lily.

tag: husband! | outfit

--------------------
when the weight on my shoulders is dragging me under
user posted image
beautiful set by heartfelt @tda
PMEmail
^
xavier holt
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 07:00 AM
has Rep: 5 pts
Man, it's been a long night Just sitting here, trying not to look back Still looking at the road we never drove on And wondering if the one I chose was the right one Oh, but I'm scared to death That there may not be another one like this And I confess that I'm only holding on by a thin thin thread
job
cop
n/a
aff.
ess
alias

i hate you, i love you
Feeling used But I'm Still missing you And I can't See the end of this Just wanna feel your kiss Against my lips And now all this time Is passing by But I still can't seem to tell you why It hurts me every time I see you Realize how much I need you
Xavier wasn't going to pretend he was the worlds greatest dad, he was pretty sure he was average at it, which basically meant he'd kept his daughter happy and alive so far, so at least that was something. He was absolutely certain that keeping his child's mother from her was a good dad move too, after all, he was protecting his daughter from a soulless abandoner who apparently thought she could just waltz back into their lives whenever she damn well pleased. Xavier wasn't having any of it though, he wasn't backing down from his decision, he was doing what was best for Lily and he was far too stubborn to ever even think to change his mind.

His daughter practically ruled his life though, which meant they spent large quantities of their time together at the park. He was always just a little on edge whenever they weren't in the safety of their home, after all, his job had taught him people weren't to be trusted. This meant that he watched Lily with absolutely diligence, eyes almost never wavering from her tiny form as she bounced around the playground. He only partook in rare sweeps of the other bystanders, ensuring there was no one overly suspicious looking anywhere near his child. He'd chase after her but only when he noted the mischievous look she was giving him, it usually meant she planned on doing something she knew her father wouldn't approve on. He'd try his best to look disapproving, but he'd always end up smiling, an action that really only ever happened when he was with his child.

Something did feel a little off that day though, at first he couldn't quite figure out what it was. He did his normal sweeps of the park as he usually did, but it wasn't until his third time doing so that the hairs on the back of his neck prickled. Almost instantly a heat began to fill his chest, anger and annoyance rising quickly as he caught sight of the very last person he ever wanted to see. He had thought he had made his opinions on the matter of his daughter perfectly clear. Apparently not though, because there Maya was, sitting, watching a child that she had no right to watch.

A glance at Lily told him that she was too busy making sandcastles with a little boy to notice how tense her father had become. He kept her in his line of sight however, as he stormed towards the blonde woman, entirely unsure what it was he was going to say or do. "And so now you're stalking us? You're aware I'm a cop? Are you aware I can press charges too?" Not only would the law be on his side, he also had friends in far too many places and he suddenly realised he should have been using these contacts the moment Maya decided to come back. "Great. Now you've seen her. Now go away." He was doing his best to keep his voice low, he didn't want to alarm anyone in the park, especially not Lily.

wife | outfit |

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
maya atwood
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 11:17 PM
Easy come Easy go Is what I’m playing for If I lose Easy come Easy go Will get me through If I had one more day Of all days I’d ask again
job
criminal
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

Maya knew she was busted pretty much immediately, but no amount of looking around and hoping for an out was going to change the fact she was about to get yelled at for being there. She couldn't be bothered to move, she decided, she had been caught now she might as well try and convince him to be civil, or maybe she would only end up arguing with him but she'd explained to him everything before and she didn't think he was going to listen so what was the point? She figured she wasn't going to get chances to see her daughter anyway so what did she really have to lose? So, she stood fast, defiant against how angry he looked, no matter how intimidating he thought he was she knew she could be ten times worse than him, so she wasn't scared.

"I'm not stalking you, I'm just here, in a park, you got a problem with that?" She shot back, pretty certain he wasn't going to believe it was a coincidence, but also pretty sure he couldn't arrest her for that. She rolled her eyes, thinking it was ridiculous he was throwing threat of arrest in her face. "I'm not scared of you," She pointed out, staring him dead in the eyes so he would know perfectly well she wasn't bluffing, and whilst an arrest was not idea for her already blemished record, she knew there was no proof she was stalking anyone.

"I'm not doing anything, alright? She doesn't even know I'm here and I've not done anything to change that, so you can stop twisting your panties and you can go away." She knew it would be a step too far to tell Lily who she was and the fact she was there in the first place, but she felt like it was enough that she got to see her for a brief window, even if the price of that was going head to head with Lily's father, who clearly hated her no matter what she did or said, at this point she was almost ready to embrace that.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
xavier holt
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 02:13 PM
has Rep: 5 pts
Man, it's been a long night Just sitting here, trying not to look back Still looking at the road we never drove on And wondering if the one I chose was the right one Oh, but I'm scared to death That there may not be another one like this And I confess that I'm only holding on by a thin thin thread
job
cop
n/a
aff.
ess
alias

i hate you, i love you
Feeling used But I'm Still missing you And I can't See the end of this Just wanna feel your kiss Against my lips And now all this time Is passing by But I still can't seem to tell you why It hurts me every time I see you Realize how much I need you
Xavier simply couldn't believe that this woman had actually gone out of her way to find out which park he took his daughter too. She was clearly not going to let this go, despite the fact that Xavier had told her countless times now that he didn't want her anywhere near Lily. He needed to protect his child from the woman who had abandoned her, how was that so impossibly difficult for Maya to comprehend? It was as though she was intentionally trying to drive him crazy, it was working too, he could feel the urge to pull out his own hair growing in his chest. "You just so happened to decide to sit in the same park I take my child too? You really expect me to believe this is entirely coincidental, huh?" He rolled his eyes, truly wondering just how stupid this woman thought he was. He scowled as she informed him she wasn't afraid of him as though telling him that would make him back down. He simply stood up straighter, towering over the impossible woman with nothing but venom in his eyes. "You should be. I'm not playing games with you anymore." He could easily get a restraining order written up if he needed to. He was afraid for his child's life, he didn't know what Maya wanted from her, for all he knew, she had ever intention of abducting her, or worse, hurting her.

He growled under his breath again, rubbing his jaw with his knuckles as he tried to process just how ridiculous this all was. "I'll leave when you do," he informed her, arms crossing over his chest as he waited and hoped she'd simply turn and walk away. "Why are you doing this? Why is is so fucking important that you see her? What good is it doing for you, hmm? What good will it do for her if she figures out who you are? You are being selfish, Maya. You need to just leave us alone, why can't you just do that?" His question was serious because he really did want the answer to it. This relentless pursuit to see a child she hadn't wanted made no sense to him at all. He didn't think she had any right to have just changed her mind, to decide after years that she wanted her. He was so mad at her, the pain of being left with a newborn baby was still apparently raw in his chest and try as he might to see it her way, he couldn't because she'd started this feud the day Lily was born.

wife | outfit |

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
maya atwood
 Posted: May 11 2018, 09:46 PM
job
criminal
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

Maya couldn't help the frustration that came with knowing she was doing something wrong, and not entirely wanting to own up to her past mistakes, but equally feeling like she wasn't even being given the chance to. She could understand why he was hostile, it wasn't like she liked herself any more than he did, but she couldn't help the fact that every time she squared up to him it just made her more determined to see hr daughter. She promised herself every time she didn't want to meet her, but it was a frustrating conflict, because in a terrible way she did. "I wasn't playing any games to start with," Maya pointed out, pretty certain she'd been quite clear - or as clear as she could be in her confusion - about what she was asking each time she had seen him. Besides, he couldn't prove she was doing anything, she hadn't gone too close, she hadn't made any contact, and she was certain she wasn't going to do anything bad.

She could feel the frustration building up in front of her, the confrontation coming along with the unfortunate fact she had to explain herself and she didn't know for a moment what she was doing. It was all a lot easier when she didn't think too hard about what she was doing. "I..." She opened her mouth to explain, hoping something would come out that made sense, but she wasn't exactly wired to make sense, and it was starting show. "I don't know, okay," She burst out suddenly, not really sure if he would listen, but she'd started talking so she supposed she should just carry on. "I didn't plan to be like this, I don't really know what I'm doing and I'm not going to do anything I shouldn't, I'm just here and wanting to see what she's like, it's not something I'm proud of." She fully expected him to come back with a shot about how she had no right to be there, but truthfully she knew that, she just wasn't sure how to fix what she'd done when she was a lot younger and a lot more stupid, and frankly, it didn't help that she still felt pretty stupid.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.