» staff
» updates
19th -- vote for your favourites in the three year awards +here!

1st april -- check out this month's announcements +here!

» spotlights

Add Reply
New Poll

don't read the last page, but i stay, zane!
maria laurent
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 12:55 AM
has Rep: 36 pts
Like a small boat On the ocean Sending big waves Into motion Like how a single word Can make a heart open I might only have one match But I can make an explosion
job
journalist
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

you know me better than the truth

Maria had pretty much decided that since she spent New Year's with Zane the year before it made perfect sense to do so again this year, after all, she'd made him spend time with her family it was only fair to allow some alone time. Well, as Maria considered alone time, which really just involved them cuddling until they inevitably got distracted - at the very least this year she hadn't bothered bringing wine, not sure she could drink a whole bottle herself. She was older now, after all, wiser, and also she'd drunk more this Christmas and she didn't want to wake up with regrets again. Fortunately, waking up New Year's morning had honestly been more pleasant than than boxing day morning, and she'd spent most of it lamenting that she wanted coffee and wouldn't it be nice if she had a sweet, loving boyfriend who would fetch her some.

Eventually she had caved and gone with him to make coffee and breakfast, mostly because she liked the concept of helping her boyfriend make breakfast on New Year's day. She tended to spend a lot of time lately with that look on her face, where she was really quite happy with the way things felt when they did them together. Having successfully finished breakfast without getting too terribly distracted, some way or another they'd agreed to go take a walk, partly because it didn't always work well to keep Maria cooped up, and partly because it was a nice day, if not a little cold. They'd even made it to Hyde Park with minimal complaining - or rather, if there had been complaining she had ignored it happily.

"Oh no..." she said suddenly as they stepped out into the cold, definitely looking as though this was not at all planned, "I forgot my gloves, I'm going to freeze... what ever will I do?" She sighed lightly, well aware she was pushing her luck, but she was fairly certain there was no one around he might need to worry about his reputation in front of if he held her hand.

tag: bae! | outfit

--------------------
love is just a spark that starts in your heart and ends in your head
user posted image
ridiculously perf set by heartfelt@tda
PMEmail
^
zane spencer
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 01:40 AM
has Rep: 28 pts
but i never look inward, try not to look upwards, and some nights i pray a sign is gonna come to me but usually i'm just trying to get some sleep.
job
drummer
--
aff.
jade
alias

i knew nothing of romance but it was love at second sight
Zane had been sure that spending New Year’s Day (and, by extension, New Year’s Eve) with Maria would be rather relaxed. She hadn’t bought alcohol into his home, which he was grateful for although he assumed it was more because she had woken up with a horrible hangover on boxing day and he hadn’t been overly sympathetic about it, so they’d spent the evening being terrible and occasionally acting like they were going to do serious things, like read books. He was sure that if Maria hadn’t been there, he would have ended up reading something anyway, or maybe dropping into Equinox to rearrange things, but she was and she kept making ridiculous demands of him, like going for walks in the middle of winter. He felt he was only acquiescing because it got very hard to say no to her, and she might make an even more ridiculous demand if he didn’t acquire clothes that weren’t pyjamas.

He was glad that there were minimal people around when they reached the park in question, although he still found time to begin the year off properly by complaining about the weather. He assumed that, with everything closed, it would be more of a light stroll through the area, presumably where they would do what all people their age did and worry about the state of the world. It wasn’t like he had lofty goals for 2018, after all. Zipping up his jacket, he frowned (with affection) over at Maria and her attire. “How did you forget your gloves? I put them on the table,” he pointed out, sure he had done so when they’d been getting ready; they’d been previously heating up on the radiator, after all. “I mean, can you not use your pockets?” he continued, not even sure what she’d bought with her although, knowing Maria, she might have packed the entire contents of her handbag into her pocket just in case of emergency.

maria / clothes /

--------------------
- - - a miracle of moving parts, a study in survival.
user posted image
PMEmail
^
maria laurent
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 12:25 AM
Like a small boat On the ocean Sending big waves Into motion Like how a single word Can make a heart open I might only have one match But I can make an explosion
job
journalist
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

Maria knew that Zane was going to be terribly difficult about this whole thing, and whilst he had yet to see through her ruse she also felt there was no need to do things like point out the obvious when he could just hold her hand and she'd shut up. She tried her best to look very innocent however, because of course, she would never intentionally pretend she hadn't seen her gloves on the table just before they'd left and distracted Zane's attention so he didn't spot them still there. When it came to trying to get Zane to do what she wanted it took some forward planning, but she had an image in her head of how they would look on their New Year's Day walk and it definitely involved hand holding and some general affection as they strolled along. She knew Zane wasn't a fan of being Those People, but Maria felt like there were certain days where it was okay, and winter holidays were those days.

"I didn't see them!" She lied, hoping it was somewhat convincing - although she was a more convincing liar than he was so she felt she had some hope. "And my pockets are too small, they don't make them as big as boys ones," She pointed out, demonstrating that her coat pocket designed for the hands of a toddler, and she felt it really ruined the romance if she had her hands in her own pockets anyway. "I'm going to be so cold," She sighed, "I'll never be able to read again because my fingers are going to fall off." She had no shame in being dramatic, sure he wouldn't see through that at all, especially not when she looked up at him with her best 'i'm very adorable and you should accommodate me' expression that never meant she was up to something.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
zane spencer
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 09:05 PM
but i never look inward, try not to look upwards, and some nights i pray a sign is gonna come to me but usually i'm just trying to get some sleep.
job
drummer
--
aff.
jade
alias

Zane simply couldn’t fathom how Maria, who was the most prepared person he knew, managed to forget her gloves, and he was quite disapproving of it. After all, she might get cold. If she got cold and then touched his face, he’d never forgive her- not a dramatic thought, he thought that it would be unacceptable to get him cold too, it wasn’t like he had a taller yet equally significantly cuddly person to warm him up. He couldn’t help the look he gave her, obviously judging her for not remembering to see her gloves and wear them, and also, he was judging her coat pockets slightly, because although that wasn’t her fault, it did bear glaring at. “Have you filed a complaint about that?” he checked, just in case this was a crusade Maria hadn’t yet embarked upon, because he thought it was right up her alley.

He got the feeling she was being a little dramatic about this, but at the same time, if she did lose her fingers, she might expect him to do more reading, and he wasn’t sure he could commit to that many readthroughs of Pride and Prejudice. “Really? Let me look at them. I know all about hands, I have at least two,” he suggested, reaching out for hers so that he could very seriously inspect her apparently cold fingers, because he needed to make a judgement call on what the future held for them. This was probably a good day to think about that, but less so if he ended up deciding that this was it, Maria was losing her fingers to frostbite. Truthfully, he also wasn’t wearing gloves but, as Maria had pointed out, his pockets were more than satisfactory in keeping his hands warm – so he supposed if all else failed, he might warm hers up a bit.

maria / clothes /

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
maria laurent
 Posted: Mar 9 2018, 03:03 AM
job
journalist
n/a
aff.
hannah
alias

Maria didn't care in the slightest that he was judging her because obviously that was irrelevant in her terrible plans. Besides, he would only find something else to judge her for, she rarely dressed weather appropriate and she had no shame in that. "No not yet, it's my next thing don't worry, I'll take on the whole fashion industry," Maria told him with the sort of confidence she generally approached anything, although sadly she honestly had no intention of crusading against pockets, she had other things to do and really she thought Zane might get really upset if she took on a whole new project, apparently she was stretching herself thin or something ridiculous like that.

Maria couldn't help but suddenly look very pleased as she presented him with her hands, thinking that this was definitely somewhere in the right direction. They were almost holding hands in public. She felt like a teenager desperate for a boy to notice her but the truth was she just liked everything to fit the images in her head, and she had her image of them walking around on New Year's Day and it involved hand holding. Although, at this point her hands were genuinely cold so she did want him to hurry up and realise what she wanted. "Ah, so you're a hand expert," She informed him quite cheerily, still doing her best to look very innocent about the whole gloves thing, this definitely wasn't her own fault, after all. "What's the verdict? They feel very cold," She told him as though she might be quite sad and heartbroken about this on their very sweet and charming walk.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
zane spencer
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 08:42 PM
job
drummer
--
aff.
jade
alias

Zane thought that Maria’s problems with gloves was really taking longer to deal with than most things, but it was mostly because if Maria complained more than he did, he would have nothing to bring to the relationship and he wasn’t sure that they were ready for that. He did think, after all, that this could be easily solved by gloves in her life, but she had already ruined that avenue, so he had come up with a different idea for keeping her warm lest she turn into an icicle next to him. “You know all about me and my hand expertise,” he pointed out with a rather inappropriately significant look, trying not to lower the tone too much but she made it very easy when he was supposed to do wholesome things like not let her get frostbite.

“They are cold,” he notified her, sounding vaguely surprised by this like a walk in winter should have warmed her up significantly and he couldn’t work out how this had happened to her. Rubbing her hands in between his like an overly worried mother, although still somewhat bearing the expression of a grouchy boyfriend, he continued, “I mean, I still blame you for forgetting your gloves, but I don’t know what I can do here.” It was true, he had absolutely no idea how he might keep Maria’s hands warm permanently short of insisting she never go outdoors again, which she might have an argument against.

maria / clothes /

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.