» staff
» updates
17th june -- check out june's mystery event +here!

1st june -- congratulate this month's spotlight winners +here!

» spotlights

Closed
New Poll

those who died are justified for wearing the badge, gus!
ignacio melendrez
 Posted: Aug 5 2017, 04:44 PM
has Rep: 6 pts
it's my own desire it's my own remorse help me to decide help me make the most of freedom and of pleasure nothing ever lasts forever everybody wants to rule the world. there's a room where the light won't find you holding hands while the walls come tumbling down when they do, i'll be right behind you
job
forensic autopsy tech
london coven
aff.
sammi
alias

Ignacio was glad that his new roommate was absolutely working out for the best, as the two got along very well. However, that didn’t mean that Iggy wasn’t going to offer to hang out with Gus outside of their apartment, especially on days that Iggy had off. He didn’t tend to necessarily invite anyone to do anything unless he thought it would be interesting to them, and Iggy felt that Gus would at least appreciate the mystery of the masquerade theater and how everything just...disappeared. It wasn’t the first time Iggy had explored the place, but it was the first time he had came with someone else. ”So, everything here is mostly boarded up, as it was abandoned for some reason,” Iggy explained, as he led them to the back of the theater, ”But the back windows have been unlocked, or rigged to not lock or something,” and as if to confirm, he pulled it open easily.

”After you,” he offered, mainly out of politeness, especially since he wasn’t sure anything that been moved since the last time he was here, which was equally mysterious. ”Do you know anything about this place?” he inquired, after getting inside the theater himself and glancing about. Nope, everything was the same. He really wasn’t all that surprised…”All I’ve known is that it was abandoned in the middle of it...and I’m not sure anyone knows why, or even what the show was supposed to be.” It was almost like a creepy ghost story that kids told around a campfire in the summer to try to keep them out, except there weren’t any monsters that he was aware about that were going to be lurking around here. ”It’s a pretty cool place, though, kind of eerie, but...the kind of places I like exploring.” There was some allure to mystery, after all, and Iggy liked to solve things.

329 words • Outfit • dora the explorers

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
augustus charm
 Posted: Aug 18 2017, 01:50 PM
has Rep: 7 pts
Screen falling off the door door hanging off the hinges my Feet are still sore my back is on the fringes We tore up the walls we slept on couches We lifted this house we lifted this house Fire-crackers in the east my car parked south Your hands on my cheeks your shoulder in my mouth I was up against the wall on the west mezzanine We rattle this town, we rattle this scene
job
bell hop
south coven
aff.
jess
alias

Gus was really enjoying his new living accommodations, it definitely beat being in a flat by himself at all times. He’d enjoyed Iggy’s company and didn’t mind that they both seemed to be busy frequently. Somehow they both managed to end up with the same time off that week and while Iggy had invited just out to the theatre in the west end Gus jumped on the opportunity to get to see things that Iggy might have interest in outside of their bizarre jobs and netflix choices. Regardless Gus set out with his new flatmate wondering what kind of adventure they were going to get onto today. When they got to the theatre Gus was all for sneaking in to take a look from what Iggy was saying there was a lot of mystery going on there.

”I think I remember it back in it’s hay day,” Gus said slinking in through the back windows and walking down the rows of seats towards the stage, that sure enough looked to have been abandoned in the middle. For a moment he paused before pulling himself up on stage. There was a bit of a temptation for him to just start messing with things but at the same time he had the same eerie sense that he shouldn’t be touching things here. Gus took a few turns around the stage before turning back to look at Iggy. ”My bet is on alien abduction,” He said with a little bit of a smile on his face. He was really curious as well on what happened, but he had no clue where to even begin looking to find the answers. At this point, you’d think someone would have figured it out before them, but it seems like that didn’t happen. ”Maybe a spell gone wrong? Or… right, depending on where you direct your magic,” Gus said knowing something this strange is easiest wrote off as a magic accident.
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
ignacio melendrez
 Posted: Aug 22 2017, 04:26 PM
it's my own desire it's my own remorse help me to decide help me make the most of freedom and of pleasure nothing ever lasts forever everybody wants to rule the world. there's a room where the light won't find you holding hands while the walls come tumbling down when they do, i'll be right behind you
job
forensic autopsy tech
london coven
aff.
sammi
alias

Iggy was glad to see someone just as interested on his little adventures around London as he was, even if Gus was probably just going with him out of obligation of spending time with his roommate. Regardless, Gus seemed to be genuinely interested, and even if it was fake Iggy was appreciative of that fact. He was, however, intrigued by the notion of Gus remembering it in his hayday, and found himself voicing such before he could stop himself, ”Really?” he didn’t mean to sound so shocked by the idea, so he added a follow up inquiry, ”Was it more or less mysterious than...well this?” Iggy gestured around, indicating the clearly abandoned state everything was in.

”I would agree with alien abduction if there were...any other indication of that,” Iggy nodded, ”Like everything was locked up tight except the back window? It seems a bit fishy.” Regardless, Iggy supposed he wasn’t sure exactly what to look out for in alien abductions--true alien abductions. All documented cases of them were just...more hearsay than anything else and Iggy was aware of just how reliable that could be (read: not very at all). ”Maybe. The energy is very eerie in here,” Iggy noted, ”Though I’m not quite sure what kind of magic--maybe an illusion of some kind? Probably nothing I’m horribly familiar with, I’m afraid.” At least he could try--though he really didn’t feel like his dark magic would have any weigh in here, considering he’d tried before and hadn’t really...figured anything out. He wasn’t as well-versed then, however, but even so he felt that would be something people would try to detect immediately.

289 words • Outfit • dora the explorers

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
augustus charm
 Posted: Aug 25 2017, 03:40 PM
Screen falling off the door door hanging off the hinges my Feet are still sore my back is on the fringes We tore up the walls we slept on couches We lifted this house we lifted this house Fire-crackers in the east my car parked south Your hands on my cheeks your shoulder in my mouth I was up against the wall on the west mezzanine We rattle this town, we rattle this scene
job
bell hop
south coven
aff.
jess
alias

Gus paused for a moment when Iggy was super shocked at what he had to say. He didn't like to hide who he is or how long he's been alive experiencing things, but he didn't really want to freak out his new room mate again with it either. "Mysterious isn't really the word I would have used," Gus said slowly looking around the place. He hoped on the stage and looked around the props trying to figure out what could have caused this to happen. Of course he had just been joking about the Alien abduction thing, but that didn't mean he wasn't curious about what was going on. "Aliens who are really good at cleaning up their messes," Gus said with a grin looking at Iggy hoping that could sell it. He understood that there were things that Iggy actually was curious about in this place, and Gus wasn't trying to make light of that, but he felt honored to have been brought to a place like this that Iggy seemed to care about.

Being room mates had turned out being very great for them. Gus adored his time with his room mate and he liked being able to brag about how sexy he was to his co-workers despite the fact that Gus knew he was never going to have the guts to ever make a move on him. "If only there was a way to track and detect magic," Gus said simply wishing he had all the answers that he could give his room mate as a neatly wrapped up birthday present. He had gotten his new friend a birthday gift, he'd been working on it all week to make sure that it was ready for him in time. In his pocket was a small box and he thought now could be as good a time as any really to give it to him he guessed. "Hey wait Iggy come look at this, i think it may be a clue," Gus said as sincerely as he could after placing the small box on the floor next to the props. It had big bow on it and a name tag with his name on it. He waited for his friend to come inspect it before having any reaction to what he had placed there for his birthday.
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
ignacio melendrez
 Posted: Aug 28 2017, 09:41 PM
job
forensic autopsy tech
london coven
aff.
sammi
alias

”Was it that bad?” Iggy inquired, frowning. That would be pretty disappointing when it came down to it, and he wasn’t sure he really wanted to know the answer to that. As such, he continued his glancing around as if it were the first time he was there, though it was probably closer to the fifth time if he was going to be completely honest. It was just fascinating and had an allure to it which provided its own charm, and Iggy was entranced all the same. He could humor Gus’ alien hypothesis, he supposed. It was interesting to consider, anyway, but he wasn’t sure about the feasiblity of it all. ”I mean, maybe, though that brings up a lot of questions for me as well, such as who knew that aliens were fans of casts of masquerade shows?” It was a humorous thought at least, and he was absolutely able to crack a joke or two, because Iggy doubted in his mind that they would be able to actually uncover something super secretively.

Iggy had more invested in this, he supposed, but he wasn’t sure why he was so interested in it. He just...liked mysteries, and he liked solving them. Or researching them at the very least. He really liked the notion, anyway, though he wasn’t sure what he was hoping to find. Maybe he didn’t want to find anything? Either way, it was pretty peculiar. Iggy also enjoyed the notion of sharing that with his roommate, at lesat to share things that he enjoyed doing allowed them to get to know one another all while trying to not harbor a cliche crush on his roomie, but regardless. However, Gus’ sudden words broke him out of his hazy daydream as he hurried to see what Gus had found only to see a small box with a bow...and a name tag on it. ”You really didn’t have to get me anything,” he stated plainly, ”How did you even know it was my birthday? I don’t even know what to say,” he informed him before carefully opening it to reveal a beautiful wooden watch, ”Wait, this is really amazing, where did you even find something like this?”

379 words • Outfit • dora the explorers

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
augustus charm
 Posted: Sep 6 2017, 04:09 PM
job
bell hop
south coven
aff.
jess
alias

Gus didn’t like seeing that Iggy was frowning. Hoping to save his opinion and fantasy about what used to be here he quickly followed up his last statement. ”I think it really depends on your interest, I never was to partial to dramatic arts I suppose,” He said with a shrug. This wasn’t entirely a lie, Gus had been someone who always found himself in the midst of action, currently that wasn’t his speed, but he had tended to still have the mantra after all these years. He did enjoy being at the theatre now that there was nobody on stage trying to recreate the drama, it seemed to be a whole new story in itself right now, one that he was convinced not even the best writer could have plotted. ”How do you know they were fans? Maybe they were hecklers and they hated it, and that’s why nobody ever thought to resurrect this place,” Gus said casually shrugging as he took a few steps around the stage continuing to look around. He didn’t really know what else to say about the matter, it was all very peculiar and the only answer that he could figure out was clearly Aliens.

Gus kind of peaked at Iggy out of the corner of his eye. He was pretty good at hiding his emotions after years of dealing with them. He was a bit of a ball of nerves but you couldn’t tell by looking at him. He didn’t try and get his hopes up, it wouldn’t be that big of a deal if he hadn’t liked the watch, he’d only spent the last month working on it and all. After a moment a wave of relief washed over him and he shrugged picking up a prop to have something t spin in his hands. ”I may have stalked your social media’s before I moved in. Had to make sure you were safe,” Gus said casually. He didn’t have much shame and if Iggy got mad than he supposed it wouldn’t be so bad being out on his own again, he’d done it for years and years now. Gus knew that he couldn’t really get attached anyways, he knew that nothing could go anywhere between them without him ending up heartbroken. Gus knew that this was just a here in the moment right now sort of thing, but that didn’t seem to stop him from hanging on every word his room mate said. ”I made it,” Gus said quietly looking over at him with a sort of sad puppy waiting for love expression.
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
ignacio melendrez
 Posted: Oct 1 2017, 07:52 PM
job
forensic autopsy tech
london coven
aff.
sammi
alias

”That’s true--I’ve never necessarily liked dramatic arts, but,” Iggy paused, as if trying to determine the best way to word what he wanted to say. Ignacio liked to think of himself as incredibly thoughtful and careful, as implications could be drawn from anything, ”I’ve always found myself drawn towards mystery, probably because I want others to be able to find closure…” his voice trailed off. It wasn’t a huge secret that he had never gotten closure from his father’s passing, but it wasn’t anything he really talked about ever. Iggy had given up the notion of that happening for him, so he was frequently drawn to the idea of granting that opportunity for other people. ”I mean, they could be,” Iggy laughed, ”I just wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt.” Iggy, while having a rather dark view of the world, did manage to be optimistic most of the time.

Iggy blinked a few times before shrugging--it was acceptable to stalk around his social media accounts. It wasn’t as if he posted anything sketchy ever, usually just strange conspiracy theories, or about books he’d read or documentaries he’d watched. Sometimes his mom would post pictures she found of him and his brothers, but he wasn’t one to avidly comment or post things every day, even on his Twitter account which was usually just scrolled through, same as Instagram where he had maybe one whole picture posted? ”Well, thank you, you really didn’t have to do anything for me, or get me anything really. I don’t really do much for my birthday--it was never much of an option growing up, so.” Honestly, Iggy was just satisfied with this little exploration, and that would be that, but Gus apparently had other ideas. What Ignacio hadn’t been expecting was for Gus to have actually made him the watch, to which he stared at Gus incredulously, ”Really? This is fantastic, I can’t even imagine how much time you had to put into this--I think this is the nicest thing anyone has ever gotten me.”

357 words • Outfit • dora the explorers

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
augustus charm
 Posted: Nov 2 2017, 04:04 PM
job
bell hop
south coven
aff.
jess
alias

Gus could understand the appeal of mystery, he had a same fascination with mystery, but he actually hated it. Mystery, surprises, anything like that. He’d long since passed the age where he wanted to be surprised, it was easy to be out front with him and just move along. ”Unfortunately I don’t think there is going to be all that much closure in this scenario,”  Gus said frowning at the things on the stage. He just didn’t know what could have happened there, but he supposed some things just didn’t have answers, he’d been around long enough to know this. He wished that he could give Iggy the answer to what was going on here, that would have been a great present, but he unfortunately was just as stumped. ”It’s good that you like solving mysteries, it probably helps a lot of people,” Gus said with an encouraging smile. He could tell that things were different when he was talking about it, but Gus wasn’t going to push him to talk about what had changed his attitude momentarily.

Gus knew that he had put a lot of time and effort into the watch, but part of him didn’t want Iggy to know that and feel bad about a gift, so he just shrugged and grinned at him. ”This is low key, i promise. I haven’t had a friend who wasn’t in their mid hundreds for over a century, it’s a big deal for birthdays when you’re this young,” Gus said casually. He of course didn’t like to befriend mortals all that often, it made it hard for him when it came to say goodbye. Instead Gus found most of his friends were vampires and the rest of the people in his life were just temporary in the moment type of friends really.
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
ignacio melendrez
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 04:03 PM
job
forensic autopsy tech
london coven
aff.
sammi
alias

Ignacio was someone who sought to connect dots for people, because there were many things in his life that he didn’t get that same luxury with--hence why he originally moved to London (aside from the job offered to him). Some may think of it as running away, but if asked, Ignacio said it was the most productive way for him to cope. ”I agree, it’s a bit disappointing really,” Iggy frowned, glancing around the abandoned theater. He supposed that this was something that he could let go, though that really wasn’t in his nature at all. He found himself particularly lost in thought, zoning out as he glanced around until Gus’ voice snapped him back to reality, ”I hope so,” he murmured, ”It’s why I do what I do--I want to give people the closure not all of us have been afforded.”

Ignacio very rarely expected gifts from people on his birthday--his mother sent him something, and his brothers sent him a text, but otherwise...He really didn’t expect much, and yet here his roommate was, getting him a very wonderful and thoughtful gift and he found himself completely flummoxed, ”Well, thank you, honestly,” Ignacio said, his voice barely above a whisper, ”I think this may be the nicest gift I’ve ever received, I honestly don’t even know what to say.” Though, Ignacio could understand that it was probably a bit weird for Gus to have friends so young, and he was probably right--what were you supposed to get someone who was centuries old, ”Do you have a lot of friends that old then? Do you just celebrate them every like. Fifty years or so?” he inquired, a bit curiously.

357 words • Outfit • dora the explorers

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
augustus charm
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 05:50 PM
job
bell hop
south coven
aff.
jess
alias

The more time that Gus spent with Iggy the more that he was easily falling in love with him and he didn’t know how to handle such emotions. He should just bolt and take of for Japan or Africa or someplace equally as exciting that he had yet to visit in his many travels. He could tell that there was more to it than just wanting to solve people’s mysteries, but Gus wasn’t one to pry unless necessary, right now didn’t seem like the time. ”I think there can be some beauty behind a mystery though,” Gus said shrugging. He had been around long enough to know that despite how much you tried some things just aren't’t going to be solved and you have to come to terms with that. ”You just have to start viewing it from a universal way I guess. When you see as much as I do play out from start to finish and the ripple effect, you understand that the mystery you spent so long trying to uncover shaped you to being who you are. If you spend so long trying to figure out the mystery, you can’t appreciate what it’s left behind much,” Gus said shrugging a bit. He didn’t know if what he said made much sense but he certainly tried to convey his yearly knowledge on him.

Gus was frankly just happy to hear that Iggy liked his gift, he had been working really hard on it and since he was worried he didn’t know what he would like for a gift he was hopeful that he wouldn’t hate watches or something equally as awful when he opened his gift.  Gus couldn’t help but laugh a bit at the idea of celebrating every 50 years, in that case then he himself would have only celebrated four times in his lifetime, but if he thought about it he hadn’t done anything special for nearly that long, maybe this year would be different. ”How old do you think that I am,” Gus asked curiously now to see if Iggy could guess appropriately. Gus had told him a few stories from history but he didn’t always delve into his past all that much. ”I’ve got a few, scattered around the world. Not many live here in London, maybe just a couple other than those in my coven, but we keep in touch. It’s always nice to receive a letter from spain or a package from China sometimes,” Gus said grinning. It had been a while since he’d spoke to any of his old friends and he was sure that he should send some letters out and get reconnected again, it's been an interesting decade to say the  least.
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
ignacio melendrez
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 05:47 PM
job
forensic autopsy tech
london coven
aff.
sammi
alias

Ignacio really hadn’t considered dealing with mysteries from a perspective other than providing closure, so he found Gus’ words to be rather fascinating. It was a different approach to life, but Iggy wasn’t necessarily finding himself able to follow it either. He respected different views, and felt everyone was obligated to think how they wanted, but it wasn’t very likely Iggy was going to change outright due to one conversation on the matter. ”I suppose you’re right,” Iggy lamented, ”I think I’m far more concerned with arriving at closure for things--some mystery and allure is fine, but I think for some of the big stuff, it is more...productive to have answers.” At least, mysteries such as what happened here at the theater were the kind that could go unanswered--it was more fun to theorize than to figure it out for sure, and Ignacio had no problem letting it run its course. He was more concerned about...well, someone’s family member dying was the kind of mystery that Iggy didn’t like to leave hanging around, because that lack of closure would tear him up inside.

To say that Ignacio enjoyed the gift his roommate had made for him would be an understatement. Iggy had half the mind to just put the watch on right that second, but felt he would look a bit foolish wearing two watches, so instead he made the mental note to ensure the time was set right later and swap them out then. It was such a thoughtful gift that he didn’t want it to go to waste, that was for sure. At Gus’ question, Iggy shrugged, ”Two hundred?” just a random guess, Iggy had deduced that it wouldn’t be terribly far off in his estimations. It was easy to pick on little things it seemed, but it was mostly cultural differences that led Iggy to believe that he had to be a bit older than a hundred. ”That is incredibly fascinating, I suppose that’s one benefit to being immortal--you can see everything,” Iggy mused, ”Though I wasn’t aware you had any that lived around here--you never really talk about them much, though it really isn’t any of my business. I’m sure getting those letters and things is very exciting to see, that’s for sure.”

357 words • Outfit • wrap it up in next post or so?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
augustus charm
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 05:15 PM
job
bell hop
south coven
aff.
jess
alias

Gus supposed his lack of need for resolve had a lot to do with what his life had been like the last couple of centuries. He’d been nomadic for most of his immortal life and never really stuck around long enough to become curious about people, or things that went on in the area. London, back in his home start, had seemed to be the one place that continued to draw him back and part of that was still concerning for Gus, he could never really place what kept him drawn here. Maybe that was the mystery about the city that he’d never fully understand, the feeling on why it was home to him. He could understand Iggy’s need for that closure though, not everyone was as laid back about existence as he was, and it was almost an odd sense of admiralty that washed over Gus hearing him speaking about it. Gus did enjoy having a mortal roommate though, he was experiencing things in life that he hadn’t even considered in years.

Gus nodded as a smile spread across his face regarding his age. ”Close, very close,” Gus said almost excited to see that Iggy could pick up on things that could give that away. ”I’m two hundred and twenty to be specific, immortal for one ninety eight,” Gus said feeling that it was important to differentiate the difference, he was only 22 when he had been turned and clearly that was an important piece of information for Iggy to know about him. ”I’ve been loads of places, traveling has always been a thing for me! Why not take advantage of the situation,” Gus said shrugging a moment. He didn’t really have many people in London, just because it seemed to always be his calling place didn’t mean he necessarily stuck around long each time that he made it back. Usually Gus was in London long enough to get another PHD and then take off for his next big adventure.
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
ignacio melendrez
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 03:57 AM
job
forensic autopsy tech
london coven
aff.
sammi
alias

Ignacio was glad that...well he wasn’t terribly fall off in his guess as to what Gus’ age was. There was no way he was going to be accurate--the difference between dead bodies and vampires was that it was easy to estimate the age of a dead body, along with how long they are dead, but vampires were different, it was almost as if someone hit pause on their aging processes to be quite honest. The whole thing was weird, and Iggy didn’t know terribly much about the logistics of being a vampire outside of what he knew from living with Gus and the basics that was considered common knowledge. ”Well, I knew my guess was going to be off…” Iggy said with a shrug, frowning, ”It’s a bit hard considering usually the people I have to age have started decaying.”

Although, Iggy had been already calculating his age that Gus was stuck in immediately, glad that he had at least basic arithmetic skills in order to calculate such things. It wasn’t a bad age to be trapped as, Ignacio supposed. It was strange to consider, he supposed, but regardless it was already spinning around Ignacio’s brain. ”I suppose that’s a bit opportunistic of you. Is that something common among…I mean, I think that if I was given the same chance, I would do the same thing?” Ignacio supposed--he would travel and likely never stop traveling. Not that he had any complaints that Gus had decided to settle in London, he managed to get an amazing roommate and friend out of the ordeal, after all. ”Anyway, we should...probably get out of here,” Ignacio murmured suddenly, ”I’m starting...it’s kind of eerie in here and I don’t...the vibes I’m getting from here are starting to creep me out.”

357 words • Outfit •grave yard?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.