four years since the awakening and it seems like london will never settle down -- between vampires playing around with territory and sudden sparks in the werewolf community, it's no wonder that people are scared. no one knows what the witches are up to, ghosts are coming out of the shadows, and somewhere up in parliament, there's someone with a dark desire to eradicate all supernatural creatures.
there's a war brewing, a storm on the horizon. the real question is: which side are you fighting for?
TO CLAIM A CANON, you do not need to post in this thread. You may make your application as though you are making any other character. With canons, we expect you to be active, and if you already have an existing character, your previous activity will be taken into account. You can change the face claims, and minor details about the character, as long as the basic idea of the character remains. Details not written explicitly are open to your interpretation.
The first three canons are free per handler. After this, you may pay up two reputation points for every further canon you wish you claim; you can claim extra canons in the +spend your reputation points thread.
KEY: O = OPEN FOR YOU TO PLAY. T = ALREADY PLAYED ON THE BOARD.
meghan ory SOUTH COVEN
• roberta glover is potentially the most capable personal assistant ever hired. she is resourceful, organised, and determined; when she knows what she wants, she's unstoppable. four years ago, she sought a position of power in the south coven- and look at her now, at scarlett hale's right hand side.
• unlike many of her peers, roberta sought out a vampire before the awakening, when she realised that the supernatural world existed. she doesn't regret the decision one bit- she feels that being a vampire is at the forefront of the new age, and she intends to see everything.
• given the choice, roberta would remain in the south coven forever, always in a position where she's able to bark out orders. in fact, she's so important to the integral running of the coven that she's now seeking a personal assistant of her own.
• nancy chen is cheerful, excitable and incredibly optimistic. she has never had a sad day in her life (or afterlife!). she's like the sunshine on a cloudy day -- although, of course, she would say that every day is sunny at heart.
• nancy considers her vampire life to be a gift: she suffered greatly when she was human, and her afterlife seems, to her, representative of freedom. as such, she wants every day to be wonderful and celebrated.
• previously a pre-school teacher, nancy's sunny outlook doesn't always align well with the more business-minded south coven members, but that never stops her from wanting to brighten their days anyway.
malese jow south coven
matt mcgorry south coven
• victor rodgers is very much of the opinion that he is... well, gosh, he's just perfect. he might be arrogant, but victor sees this as quite acceptable considering his achievements- as one of the older members of the south coven, he's not only seen wars, but started a few too.
• he sees the fact that he now manages one of the south coven hotels as something of a come-down since his previous life, but then, the hotel he runs is perfect. it's won awards, you know? that, he'll say, is all because of his influence.
• in a way, he's almost content to stay with the coven; after all, he gets a lot of creature comforts. he just also has to deal with coven wars too, which is such a drain. given the choice, he'd solve all the issues by himself.
• played by sammi
• caitlyn aston is what those in the know call a grande dame. she once had the ear of queen victoria. she had ten suitors during the war and all of them gave her a ring to keep. now, content in the north coven, she enjoys the modern age far more than her peers - although she can be a little old fashioned occasionally.
• her turning was, she'll admit, a complete accident, but caitlyn makes the most out of a bad situation. so what if she can't go outdoors in the day? that just means she needed to invest in more evening dinner parties.
• in the north coven, she's known for knowing just about anything. people go to her for tea and advice on how to deal with a problem, and caitlyn provides the answers - and, if you're lucky, a coveted invitation to her midnight parties.
hayley atwell NORTH COVEN
karla souza NORTH COVEN
• margo huerta can't quite remember why she came to england or when she decided to drop in. to her, it seems an awful lot like she's just always been around, listening to conversations and never being noticed. some of it is because she's so shy; mostly, people seem like they make an effort to ignore her.
• as much as this bothers margo, she's also learned to be quite solitary. it isn't that she doesn't like other people; it's just that if she can't be noticed, she can't find a way to change her situation. instead, she reads - and explores.
• at heart, she can be adventurous and even spontaneous. she loves exploring the city, learning about the history of the place, and working out why she's even there.
• stephen cox would love to say that he really likes his afterlife, but that's not quite true. he was, in life, a blue collar worker, and he was even okay with it; he knew where he had to be and what he had to do when he was human.
• then, of course, he was turned into a vampire, and left to fend for himself. it's given him some bad habits, although he works hard on not threatening everyone he sees, for example. it seems that aggression is, for him, a natural side-effect of not knowing what he's supposed to do now.
• he gets on best with people who don't want anything from him: children, the innocent, or animals. he has a tendency to protect those who can't protect themselves, but no one ever believes him when he says he does.
noel fisher NORTh COVEN
landon liboiron EAST COVEN
• thank god for the east coven because andreas madsen was starting to get a bit of a reputation, you know? for - well, he'd hate to say it out loud - but for... dead bodies. and every other coven has found this out about him and kicked him right out. so thank god for a coven that even encourage such behaviours.
• he's actually - apart from his predilection for casual murder - a really nice guy! he just gets carried away sometimes. but he's deathly loyal to his friends, really loves musical theatre, and has adopted many puppies from the shelter.
• andreas is quite convinced that he'll be with the east coven forever because - well - they're perfect for him.
• what's that? oh god, no, aisha finnin has never hurt anyone in her life! well, not directly. aisha used to run the east end, you know, not that anyone seems to remember this. she was one of these gang leaders and she worked, pretty specifically, in the drugs trade. she was, she remembers, a queen.
• she still works within the drugs trade, but she's definitely lost her crown. now, any upstart thinks they can instill fear, but there are still people who hear her name and quake in their boots. aisha had no real plans to join the new coven until she heard where they were based - now she's ready to take back her territory.
aja naomi king EAST COVEN
eddie redmayne EAST COVEN
• for bruno falk, the east coven is something of a dirty secret. his pals still think he's without a vampire coven, and he hasn't corrected them. see, he works as a policeman, and he's pretty sure no one would look favourably upon a vampire policeman breaking the law.
• no one ever gave him a break when he got turned six months ago; he woke up as a vampire, and was expected to go straight back to work.
• as such, bruno is going to cut ties with his friends at work and go work with the east coven full time, doing whatever the hell he wants. the only problem is... well, how is going to tell his wife?
• gerard knox is the long-suffering pack leader of the oldest pack of london. gerard's pack has been around ever since he took up the mantle of leader, and for all he is a firm but fair man, god, the london drama is always going on.
• he's a caring leader all the same and he makes allowances for his members, takes good care of the garages, and is honest about how the pack will fare in the future.
• between johnny's wildcard pack and daniel's new pack, gerard is doing his best to keep his pack afloat.
• heidi olson has won employee of the month nine times at knox garages and if that doesn't tell you how good she is at her job, nothing will. she's rough and coarse and knows more fart jokes than anyone; that's a side effect of being one of the best mechanics.
• in fact, heidi is remarkably happy for someone who lives in a crappy apartment and is always covered in grease. she likes her job and she likes her pack - the rest seems to have fallen into place well.
• given the choice, she'd happily work at the garages forever, and her ultimate goal is to manage one of the branches. she doesn't dream big, but to her, it would mean the world to run one of these places herself.
marie avgeropoulos gerard's pack
oscar isaac gerard's pack
• joel arthur is one of the older members of the pack and one of the most respected. his family have been close friends with the knoxes for years, and he grew up well aware of werewolfism and other things.
• nowadays, joel is one of the people that the other wolves go to when they need help or advice, and he's always happy to offer it. joel likes to be needed, and he likes notoriety within the pack.
• joel's only problems with the pack stem from the schism that formed johnny's pack and the newfound daniel's pack. both of these issues annoy him, because he has no concievable way to fix it - joel has dreams of uniting all of london into one pack like when he was a kid.
• played by jade
• johnny knox, younger brother of the famed pack leader gerard, has been running his pack for almost four years, and he never thought that he would actually succeed in being a permanent fixture of london's supernatural groups.
• as a pack leader, he is remarkably hands off, casual, and is happy to let his pack deal with their problems as they see it. he revels in the pack's reputation as wildcards, people not to be trusted, and wholly dangerous wolves- to him, this is the ultimate honour.
• he's rarely actually around the pack, but he does care about what they're up to and tries to support them as best he can. despite his dry sense of humour and penchant for sarcasm, he's shaping up to be an okay pack leader, albeit one with a bad reputation.
michael b jordan johnny's pack
antonia thomas johnny's pack
• aspen simmon joined johnny's pack not too long ago after she was kicked out of her old pack. this doesn't bother her; aspen is open about how she dislikes strict leaders, and she works hard but only when she's left alone. thus, johnny's pack works for her.
• she works as a bartender at howl, a place that she enjoys because it's not pretending to be something else. at heart, aspen is free-spirited and friendly, but also easily angered and dislikes anything that threatens to control her.
• having only just moved to london, she's still a little unsure of the city. but she's determined to stay and even more determined to one day run the pack herself.
• benjamin ericsson is one of the older members of the pack and he's particularly close to johnny, as well as knowing the names of most pack members. he's a tough guy, but he has to be - when johnny's away, benjamin is the rule maker.
• in fact, the entire job is just fine for benjamin, who quites like the chance to boss people around, act all-powerful, and generally run the place in his leader's absence. he's hardly a revolutionary, he just enjoys the feeling of knowing that he's in charge.
• as such, although he likes running the show, he has issues in the fact that, actually, none of the pack members are all that interested in following his rules. it doesn't bother him when they ignore other people, but hey, he's meant to be in control here, and no one ever respects that.
liam hemsworth johnny's pack
jack falahee daniel's pack
• played by hannah
• daniel heart is the quintessential evil white man, running around, trying to achieve his slightly wrong goals. working in the ministry of supernatural affairs gives daniel a front row seat to most injustices against supernatural people -- and who do you think is perpetuating them?
• daniel is arrogant, self-serving, and secretive. all of his plans are carefully made, and his rise to power as the head of a pack took time to achieve. cassie knox's mysterious death remains unsolved.
• daniel has intentions to lead his pack to do whatever he wants; to him, they're merely an extension of all of his plans, and pawns that can be moved at will.
• kelsie greenspan is rather unhappy with the change of leader in her pack and she'd let people know but she's terrified of the new leader- perhaps rightfully so. she's always been a little uncomfortable with being a werewolf anyway but throwing in violence doesn't make it better.
• she used to work at the ruby crown hotels but, typically, she recently got fired and is having trouble finding a new job. she very much plans to leave the pack as soon as she can, but she's having second thoughts about that plan because her sister shows no sign of wanting to leave.
cintia dicker daniel's pack
charlie hunnam daniel's pack
• milo martel comes from a different sort of pack and when he settled in london for work, he joined then-known cassie's pack for ease. now, however, there's a new leader and.. well, actually, that doesn't bother milo very much at all.
• in milo's old pack, they were largely fighters, a little violent, and solved problems in the most direct way. killing a pack leader was seen as a legitimate method of takeover, and so he rather appreciates the change in leading style.
• he was originally planning to move back home when he'd completed his london internship, but now that he's found a pack he enjoys, he's considering sticking around long enough to rise through the ranks and gain some proper power.
• liam heart is the snarky, mysterious one in the london coven. if the way he acts seems forced, it's because it's just that - an act. upon arriving in london, heart shed his good boy image, started wearing leather jackets, and enjoys notoriety as the difficult one in the coven.
• that's not to say he doesn't work hard. he appreciates what he does with dark magic, but the toll of its effects is dire; he drinks heavily nowadays.
• having been in the coven for a few years now, he's settled into his place as one of the members of the city's best witches.
• luna anderson might look familiar. at the very least, someone should recognise her last name. her father was one of the founidng members of the coven back in the 70s, but she never got to take part in the glory - her family left london not long after she was born, and she's only just returned back in town.
• the london coven is a world away from the vision that her father's generation wanted. as a protection witch, she is determined to bring the london coven back to their former glory as the premier witch coven in london. unfortunately, the make-up has changed; last names mean nothing in the coven, and it's all about how willing you are to work in a team. luna, frankly, is not.
• she finds things like drinking and parties beneath her. she wants a coven who are determined to be the best: hard-working and efficient.
emma stone london coven
rami malek london coven
• played by alison
• bassem mohamed fills one of the wildcard slots in the london coven and sometimes, that's what he feels like: an extraneous part. it's not intentional, but he never meant to join... he auditioned as a joke, but found that, actually, he was brilliant at magic and forgot to go home.
• he really, really loves the fame that comes with being a member of the elite thirteen, but equally knows that his mother and father are wondering when he's going to become a doctor or lawyer- not, as bassem is nowadays, a stage magician.
• tilly pace may be young, but she knows her magic is some of the best. her family have been witches for generations, and she was taught magic at a remarkably young age; as such, for her, magic is more - it's representative of how much she loves her magic, her family, and what she can do.
• at heart, she's friendly, cheerful and will befriend anyone she seems appropriate. she's often found around nature; parks and forests are where she prefers to roam since she left school.
• in fact, tilly has no real goals for her future. she wants to travel, btt hasn't thought further than that. she wants to help people, but never knows how to go about it. she has a lot of ideals for how she wants to be world to be, but doesn't know how to implement any of her ideas.
chloe grace moretz no coven
jason momoa no coven
• frederick wolff ony started learning magic after the awakening. after a sports injury, he started reading magic books whilst recovering and realised he had the ability to do magic for real. it's rather strange to him - he's always been a sports star, but now he has the chance to do something for himself.
• frederick is considering, although not very seriously, a change of careers from the sports he loves to something a little more... healing. something that, he feels, can make a difference. a lot of his fans will be disappointed, but it's what he wants to do, and he feels that's the most important thing.
• carine carey is the last person you would ever imagine marking off solstices on a calendar or perusing crystals in a store. she grew up in a highly magical community but left at a young age to pursue a career in business.
• that's not to say she has forgotten magic; she just never mentions that she has it. in fact, she's a pro at good luck spells and some people whisper that that's how she manages to get such prestigious positions in business.
• christian alcott is the witch finder for the circle of seven, and as such, to even be considered for the circle, a witch has to pass his stringent requirements. he looks for witches who work hard, are determined, and seem okay with giving up their freedom to the circle.
• on the other hand, he's actually remarkably nice. he's kind and humble, and he works as a doctor in the daytime. his requirements for new witches is based entirely on the fact that he knows the circle pushes people, and he'd hate to see people upset by their work.
• between he and lucy, they control the entrants to the coven and are close associates who meet often.
• played by sammi
• lucy harmon runs the circle auditions and she's never easy to impress. her requirements involve a witch who is imaginative, who thinks outside the box, who can make their magic work in interesting and new ways. it's a view that is often at odds with her partner, christian's, ideals.
• in her free time, she works as an artist and runs a nearby gallery; both of these things keep her busy and she experiments often with new mediums, art styles, and even offers her apprentices jobs in her gallery.
• there's just one problem. lucy has had some time to think about it carefully and she's come to the conclusion that she's never met the cloaked person. which means- oh god- maybe she's the cloaked person everyone so fears.
shelley hennig primus circle
stephen amell primus circle
• leon hudson has a lot of regrets in his life, but the biggest is joining the circle of seven. he was nineteen, it was ten years ago. he didn't know what he was getting into. he didn't know he'd be sworn to secrecy and if he did know, he would never have done it.
• he's tired of making up excuses about having no coven, so he's going to force the circle of seven into the light. that'll show 'em. he's watched people join the circle, be forced to keep quiet too.
• he's collating information on the circle and he's incredibly determined to sell it to the papers when the times comes. there might be bad consequences, but at least no one else will suffer like he does.
• felicity gregor runs the protection circle. she is the nicest, kindest women you'll ever meet - but felicity isn't all sweet smiles, and only she knows that. she's the sort of person who lets people walk all over her specifically because she knows she can claim back favours at a later date.
• she works with her coven to make their magic stronger, help them understand the theory behind protection and warding, and in turn, they tell her she's the nicest teacher they've ever had and work harder on their spells.
• felicity is remarkably happy in her spot as a leader of one of the circles. she worked hard to get noticed, and now she has six people looking up to her in turn.
candice patton protection circle
james mcavoy dark magic circle
• michael green leads the dark magic circle and if you rack your brains, you might remember him as a member of the london coven a few years ago. but they're nothing compared to the circle, and so he left.
• he wants the spot for dark magic in primus circle, but he keeps making foolish mistakes with his magic. he has a lot of power and potential, but his want for more gets in the way.
• not to put too fine a point on it, eric knows that he would get the spot he wants if the previous dark magic member of the primus circle disappeared. fortunately for eric, he knows exactly who needs to go.
• poppy flint runs the healing circle, and she is incredibly sweet, kind, and honest. she cares deeply about everyone and everything, and she wants everyone to be happy and do well. it's just, for her, the way she is.
• she works as a social worker, a job which she enjoys for the way she gets to help small children, and she works with her circle by encouaging them gently, being friendly and generally ensuring that they're okay and happy with their roles in the circle.
• poppy knows that there are deeper, darker things at work in the circle of seven but she chooses to ignore it. her healers work hard in their jobs and that's what she cares about the most.
lindsay ellingson healing circle
kit harington shapeshifting circle
• played by jess
• joshua walker runs the shapeshifting circle. in fact, it's more like he watches from a distance as they do their magic and occasionally stops in to make sure things are fine. its not that he doesn't care; it's just that he's always incredibly busy.
• joshua has always an interesting life. he grew up a circus brat, worked as a magician's apprentice, became a street rat, and was picked up a billionaire who put him through school. finally, he runs his own company and he's proud of that - but being ceo is more important, to him, than being circle leader.
• joshua would like to leave the circle, mostly because he knows he can't help his circle the way they need. unfortunately, he's not sure how to.
• played by sammi
• georgina lye never, ever expected to be leader of her own circle. she works hard when it comes to illusions and conjuring, there's no doubt about that, but she just always thought there was someone better.
• now that she's in charge, she gets stressed easily. she works her circle hard, insists on weekly meetings, and gets frustrated when the circle members don't comply.
• frankly speaking, what georgina needs most is a cup of tea and someone to talk to.
crystal reed conjuring circle
emilia clarke elements circle
• played by hannah
• esme de luca, leader of the elements circle, is the only leader not to have any formal training in magic. she just grew up surrounded by it and when the circle offered her a place, she took it without ever mentioning that her magic was always more intuitive than taught.
• she loves her circle members dearly and she's always willing to let them experiment. she wants, more than anything, a circle known for it's innovation, imagination, and dedication to creating something brilliant and new.
• she gets frustrated when she's given circle members who will only do magic by the books; to her, magic is something to be felt.
• anna elwin would say she has made the most of her suspicious death. she joined the spectre squad only two days after becoming a ghost, and was drawn to the idea of genuinely scaring people. she is the murder victim, the mysterious woman who sits by your bedside, hides in your closet, wears a veil... she has inspired many horror movies, to her joy.
• at heart, she is incredibly honest, and even friendly, but the only thing that ever gets her going is scaring people; sometimes, it's the only way she feels seen, even with ghost goggles.
• she has a sharp sense of humour, a dry wit, and a penchant for sarcasm. in all, death suits her.
• ian deerling, dead three centuries, is really quite used to the whole dead thing by now. he sees it as a pretty normal thing, and he's been in the spectre squad for so long that it seems likes all these young'uns are just here to steal his job.
• ian is fun, friendly, loves to have a joke, and can't imagine his life without doing such ghostly activities as slamming doors and writing rude poems on mirrors. he's not sorry about it- this is the only fun he gets, and, to be honest, he's the only person who can be paid in rude limericks.
• he's one of the senior members of the squad (if there is such a thing) and so a lot of people come to him seeking membership to the most elite ghost club ever. and ian is happy to give his approval - the more, the merrier.
matt smith spectre squad
ashley benson spectre squad
• monika pavoni - what do you mean you haven't heard of her? but she's an instagram model! she had half a million subscribers to her youtube beauty channel! it goes without saying that monika was a little internet famous before her untimely death of natural causes.
• she likes the spectre squad - really, she does- but she misses technology. she can't update her twitter. she can't post photos online of her food or dog. it gets her incredibly down that she can't show off a shopping haul.
• she's trying to make the best of it, but she's also not doing very well being dead; she misses far too much about being human.
• frank lawson has always cared deeply about two things: his music, and his family. he played many instruments, and he took great care of his younger siblings. to him, there was nothing else worth having in the world.
• now that he's dead, it all weighs on him how much he's let his family down. they lived on the breadline, and frank really regrets not being around to help now. now he can see them struggling, and there's nothing he can do.
john boyega ghost
rachael taylor ghost
• helen st. vincent is the sort of woman who's always known what she wants, and what she wants is to be noticed. in a way, she doesn't regret not being around anymore - she worked as a prosecution lawyer primarily, and she helped put many criminals behind bars. but being dead is a natural side-effect of annoying certain people.
• this doesn't really suit her, but helen is the sort of person who's smart enough to see the consequences of what's going on in the world. yes, she can be seen now, but she's convinced that's a bad thing. having seen how other supernatural people are affected, she's sure she's about to lose some rights.
• she tries to tell other ghosts to look out for this trouble, but they never listen. they're too busy moping or pranking, and she can't work out how to be listened to.
• dorian longe is convinced that someone, somewhere is laughing at him. he's been a ghost for so long... but before that, he was a vampire. and that's not recently - he died sometime in the 1800s, after a centuries long search for some way to kill him off.
• unfortunately, he came back as a ghost, and he is not amused. he didn't ask to be stuck around, and he can't remember what his unfinished business is in order to move on.
• so he's stuck on earth, moping and moaning about how he's still around and how much he wants to leave, and, worst of all, everyone he speaks to is convinced that it's not so bad after all.
• theodora rey is the brains behind a remarkable amount of hunter's networks operation. she was once a high-flying computer science student with goals of creating her own start up; but she heard about the network starting up and she decided to focus her talents somewhere that, she thought, was far more useful.
• theodora co-ordinates and plans out hunts, attacks, and pick ups for hurt people; she's always attached to her computer and phone, directing people across london, but she's proud of herself every time she's notified that her plans worked.
• she's a fairly friendly person, and always open about what she does and who she works with; she thinks it's important to be honest and work hard to get where she wants to go.
• simon waters has been in the business ever since he was a kid; his parents were hunters, and he worked alone from the tender age of thirteen. now he's so much older than that and he's seen one of the paragons of what a good hunter should be - amiable, fair, and caring.
• simon quit formal hunting a few months ago after a bad injury, but he still works with the network and maintains his work as part of their emergency services division. his job involves picking up anyone who needs help, shifting away dead bodies, and generally being on call when the network needs him. it's nice work for him- he gets time to himself, but he can do what he's good at, at the same time.
• he's also fairly social. he knows the owner of the bonny belle by name, is friends with the ladies who run the network, and makes an effort to remember other network members. it's important to maintain a good network for himself.
jensen ackles hunters network
arden cho hunters network
• gemma park is one of the trainers for the network. she's a pro with most weapons and although she has no time for hunting nowadays, having given it up for an internship at a prestigious company, she still returns every now and then to teach newer hunters how to handle things.
• she can be a firm teacher, but she knows that she'd be strict now than have them injure themselves in the field later on. she makes sure that every move has been practised to perfection (and then a little more for good measure) and she refuses to rest until that happens.
• she has a reputation for being tough, but at heart, gemma is friendly, loves going shopping, and cares deeply for those who cares about her. it's why she's so keen to make sure the hunters are good - she'd hate to lose them.
• elsa hardy has been residing in neverland for the past few years, and she loves it. she doesn't sleep anywhere comfortable and she has to keep her things close by, but that's okay, she doesn't have much anyway.
• she works as a pickpocket within neverrland, and she relishes the chance to make her own rules about her work. she's been caught a few times, but that just convinces her that she can be one of the best criminals if she tries hard enough- first, she'll pick pockets; give it a few months, and she's sure she'll be robbing banks.
daisy ridley neverlander
andrew garfield neverlander
• jakob o'brian didn't actually plan to be in this position. a few months ago, he would have rather died than consorted with these neverlanders and begin to understand what they do. but his mother got sick and he's the only who can take care of her. at first, they survived- just about- but rent got higher, and his mother got sicker...
• he works with the neverlanders as part of whatever job will take him, and although he hates it, he has to make ends meet. he'll rob and lie and cheat and steal, if it gets him a cut of the money to take home every evening.
• carolina martinez only calls herself a neverlander because it gives her reason to be in the area. for carolina, what's more important that freedom? that's right, nothing. she wants to travel in the future but before that, she tends towards urban exploring- including in the famed neverland.
• she doesn't care about the area poltiics, how dangerous things can be, or who's in charge. she doesn't get involved and she tries her best not to get too curious about what's happening- not that that doesn't happen sometimes. she can't help it; she's always interested in the world around her.